May 2014 Moms

Early labor?

So I left work early today for fear I was starting labor and wanted to make sure that wasn't happening in front if my students.
1. Having intermittent sharp pains down rectal area.
2. Period like cramping every few hours. Followed by loose stools
3. Lots of pressure down there....

What were your early labor symptoms? How long did they last?

Re: Early labor?

• I have never heard of rectal pain being a symptom...

My early labor symptoms were contractions that weren't super painful and were 10-20 minutes apart.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I've been having symptoms 2 & 3 for the past week. Baby is still in and I doubt is coming within the next week. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • MigggMiggg member
    I didn't have any rectal pain but I did have period-like cramps though they were pretty much constant in my case. I had a very fast labor though, went from 0 to 10 in a couple hours so I guess my early labor was pretty short!
  • and I hate to break it to you, but I think #2 and #3 are basically par for the course at the end of pregnancy.  It doesn't mean much.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Definitely keep your eye on it. With my second, I had the same symptoms and thought, 'na, it's just par for the course', and when I realized this was true early labour symptoms, I was already in active labour and he was born a few hours later. And, I totally had rectal pains, but thought it was just a regular symptom of pregnancy, or else some indigestion!
  • gerlam5 said:
    So I left work early today for fear I was starting labor and wanted to make sure that wasn't happening in front if my students. 1. Having intermittent sharp pains down rectal area. 2. Period like cramping every few hours. Followed by loose stools 3. Lots of pressure down there.... What were your early labor symptoms? How long did they last?
    Those where my symptoms the last few days. Today I've felt nothing. Honestly it could be the start of early labor or it could be normal end of the pregnancy annoying pains. 

Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. 
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone
  • Those symptoms can persist for days or even weeks, unfortunately, you never know! I've never heard of rectal pain being a thing either but rectal pressure, for sure, along with pressure pretty much everywhere else in the pelvic region.

Until you can actually start timing things and notice a pattern, it's all a guessing game. A frustrating one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't had rectal pain exactly, but rather a lot of pressure down there. It's getting very uncomfortable to even sit on my tail. It's been like that for a few days now though.
  • I have had rectal pain/pressure. I just discussed this with my doctor and it can be a labor symptom depending on baby's position.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • TkhixenTkhixen member
    I had all those symptoms, went to L/D, and it was a stomach virus!  Apparently we will just "KNOW" when it's time. It's frustrating cause everyone is different and labor is just confusing!  Good luck!
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• momo214momo214 member
    My rectal pain only happens when I poop. I think she is pushing down on my backside and squishing my colon. Is also have the pressure in my backside as well. And like others this has been going on for a week+ with cramping. And I'm at 3.5cm. I have an irrational fear of my water breaking at work but such is life. If it happens it happens and I won't be sticking around for the clean up if it's a gusher!!
  • CrazijewelCrazijewel member
    edited May 2014
    gerlam5 said:
    So I left work early today for fear I was starting labor and wanted to make sure that wasn't happening in front if my students. 1. Having intermittent sharp pains down rectal area. 2. Period like cramping every few hours. Followed by loose stools 3. Lots of pressure down there.... What were your early labor symptoms? How long did they last?

I have had this for weeks. Not labor for me. It could be for you, but not definite signs.
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had contractions every 3-10 minutes for four days.  That's the main indicator for me personally.
    Thank you for saying this. I'm on day 3 and feeling ridiculously hopeless; I'm glad I'm not alone in my early labor anxiety filled misery. Well...not saying you feel that way but I certainly do! Labor dust coming to you mama. 
  • I'm actually dealing with all of that right now. My stomach is very upset at this point too. I figure it was something I ate

It's a BOY

• @Kimbus22 I hope that isn't the case for you! We are planning a hb so I really am in limbo until this baby comes or has negative results when I start BPP on Friday. I'm def a crockpot and not a microwave so I'm trying to remind myself of that and be peaceful... so far not so good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"