Nurseries and Baby Gear

Help with City Versa

My City Versa arrived today and I thought it was relatively easy to put together except for two things.  I can't seem to get the seat out of the fully reclined position.  If I squeeze the buttons to fold the seat the only place it clicks is either fully reclined or fully folded.  What am I doing wrong?  I tried both forward and parent facing and have the same issue both ways.  There's only one way the seat can click into the frame and that makes it fully reclined.  I was also surprised to find out that the one-hand fold requires snapping and unsnapping the safety straps.  It was extremely hard to snap them in the first place so I can't imagine doing that every time I fold and unfold the stroller.  Do you have to have it snapped while using the stroller?  Am I doing something wrong if it's really tight to get it snapped?  I also noticed that it says it's not for jogging which seems weird since the brand is Baby Jogger.  Anyone know why and if it's really unsafe to jog with it?  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Help with City Versa

• Their City Mini also does not jog. Never tried, but from reading manual/other people's experiences, the City Mini is prone to tipping over and/or wobbles at higher speeds. Even if was an actual jogger, wouldn't be able to use for that function until baby is at least 6months old.

Cannot answer about the fold issue though.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LittleAppleLittleApple member
    edited May 2014
    There are two handles on the back of the seat.  The larger handle is to recline the seat.  The other is to fold the seat.  You squeeze the two buttons together and the seat folds.  I never snap/unsnap the safety straps.  

Here is a video to watch to see what I mean.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • ss265ss265 member
    I have a City Mini GT which has the snaps as well. I never use them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't to plan to use the snaps on my GT until LO is old enough to pull herself into the seat herself. I can picture her grabbing the fold strap and using it as a handle.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Yea I've been using those buttons but it doesn't click into place unless fully reclined or fully folded...
  • PurrBoxPurrBox member
    I also just got the city versa and was having the same problem with the reclining clip. Just play around with it a little. Apparently, it's common for it to be "sticky," but once you figure out how to pull it just right, it works every time.

If you still can't get it to work, call Baby Jogger. I've heard their customer service is excellent. They might send you a whole new seat to replace it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would call Baby Jogger.

Also, the brand name is Baby Jogger, but the series is "city".  No jogging for city series strollers.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I called and they answered right away which was really impressive and they were very helpful.  The seat is defective like I thought and they are sending me a new one which is already supposed to get here tomorrow!
  • Great!  

I have called several times for numerous things and always had great service :)
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • PurrBoxPurrBox member
    Just out of curiosity, did Baby Jogger ask that you send the seat back since they're sending a replacement?
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"