May 2014 Moms

anyone only get contractions throughout the night?

I've had a lot of contractions so far, which is totally different from my pregnancy with my daughter.

This week they've only been happening really throughout the night and early morning and then they stop and I won't have any more all day. So frustrating!

Anyone else ONLY getting them during a specific time of day?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: anyone only get contractions throughout the night?

• Ya I mostly get them late afternoon into the evening
  • hbird0723hbird0723 member
    edited May 2014
    I just had that happen last night until about midnight and then they stopped and then again this morning and now they've stopped. It's very frustrating! I have my OB appt today so maybe it at least made some progress.

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah I'm hoping for a little more progress at least... not TOO much since I'm already 3cm and have an irrational fear of dilating too quickly and having her before getting to the hospital lol. I only dilated 1cm before getting to the hospital with my daughter so too be this far at 37 weeks is crazy to me

BabyFetus Ticker
  • delatldelatl member
    I mostly get them at night. Have for weeks now. I do get them more often during the day now that I'm nearing the end, but the nighttime ones are far sharper and more painful.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • minirayminiray member
    Same thing happening to me for the past week and a half. Today I had them 10 minutes apart from 430-600am and now nothing. Similiar thing the night before. It's a little frustrating. I didn't have that with DS1.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• amrokeamroke member
    I was getting them at night for about a week and then they stopped a few days ago. That never happened with my last pregnancy so I googled it and apparently it's pretty common.
  • Yeah I'm sure it's common :-) everything seems to be lol. I wish our bodies just had tell-tale signs that it was getting close instead of messing with us!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yeah, most of mine are in the evening. After dinner, up until bedtime.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I'm getting Braxton Hicks in the evenings so its not even real contractions!  I'm 3cm dilated and 50% effaced as of Monday - lost my mucous plug yesterday and today but no real and consistent contractions.
    imageimageimage VOTE on my Name List     
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get cramping in the evening, but actual contractions at night once I'm in bed (anywhere from 11 pm to 2 am). At my birthing class they said it's common to have these (and actual labour) happen in the evening/night because it's when your Oxytocin naturally peaks.

I'm just hoping one of these nights the contractions keep going and turn into active labour instead of tapering off, no matter what time it is.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Most definatley, I feel like I'm gonna labor through the night with him. Some nights I wonder if its the real thing then I wake up during the day and nothing. So frustrating. 

• I'm getting them mainly in the early evening and at night, but not so much every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"