August 2014 Moms

Well NOW I'm an Invalid :-(

Sonofabitch

I just went in for my follow up appointment with maternal fetal medicine, and I'm on scheduled bed rest for anywhere from 2-6 more weeks.

I'll be going in every two weeks
For every hour I'm on my feet I have to spend 2 hours down
No sex (hubby is gone anyway... so whatever)
No lifting anything over 5lbs... super fun with two toddlers.  Basically forces me to be housebound because I can't put them in their car seats

I know it has to be done, I get it's for the baby, but this is bull shit.  I'm seriously not happy about it.

Re: Well NOW I'm an Invalid :-(

• Ugh. That sucks :(  hope it goes by quick for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC since 7/12.. CP 2/13
    BFP!!! 11/23/13  Due 8/6/14 Team Girl!
    Zoe Lane born 8/2/14

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • RacllaRaclla member
    I'm so sorry!

That's got to be extremely frustrating!
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Oh man, what a bummer. Do you have family / friends that can bring you groceries and stuff?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Wow, how awful! Like PP asked, do you have anyone who can help with the toddlers? I'm so sorry!!! I hope that you can pass the time quickly without losing your mind from (practically) bedrest boredom!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Ugh, that sucks!  Sorry to hear.  Hopefully it will only be the two weeks instead of six.  Hopefully you have someone around that can help with the kids/errands/housework.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh dang it!! I'm sorry! Do you have anybody that can help with your other two children?
    I'm waiting for my mom to call back.  She is supposed to come out next month to help me move, I'm hoping she can just move her ticket to come earlier.  So we'll see.  The last couple of days my friends have been amazing, but my house practically needs a revolving door on it and I can't keep going that way for 6 weeks.  If it were a guarantee it would ONLY be two weeks, maybe.  But it's not certain and it could be longer. 

I really really really really really x1000 do not want to get my inlaws involved.  They are huge giant worriers and they'll put extra stress on not only me, but my husband.  He's deployed and really doesn't need the extra stress, I'd like to avoid having him in the loop at this point unless it becomes a big problem as opposed to an inconvenience.  Right now, the baby is fine, and if I do as I'm told there's no reason why I can't carry to term.  I don't need him worrying when he needs to be studying, focusing on the mission, and getting ready for our next unit.  

So.... here's hoping my mom can come out so I can avoid the extra drama.

• That's rough, hopefully your mom can move her ticket.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh no! I'm so sorry :(
  • That sucks!  I hope your mom can come out and help out a little bit.  
  • Venus04Venus04 member
    Okay, obviously do what your doc says, but have you read the most recent research on bed rest? It basically says it rarely helps, but that docs do it because it can't hurt. I swore if I got put on bed rest I'd limit my activity severely, but not cut out...I don't know...going to Starbucks and having a hot cocoa while sitting down. Again, Doc knows WAY more than I do, but everything I've read that's written by top OBGYNs says it's a precaution, not a prescription. So maybe don't be too hard on yourself during this time. Balance bed rest with happiness. :) 
  • Thank really sucks. I'm sorry :(
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ugh that really stinks! So sorry!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Venus04 said:
    Okay, obviously do what your doc says, but have you read the most recent research on bed rest? It basically says it rarely helps, but that docs do it because it can't hurt. I swore if I got put on bed rest I'd limit my activity severely, but not cut out...I don't know...going to Starbucks and having a hot cocoa while sitting down. Again, Doc knows WAY more than I do, but everything I've read that's written by top OBGYNs says it's a precaution, not a prescription. So maybe don't be too hard on yourself during this time. Balance bed rest with happiness. :) 
    Honestly the restriction that's the killer (and also most important) is the weight limit for lifting.  I feel like the 1 hour up 2 hours down rule still gives me freedom to, like you said, go to starbucks, take a slow 15 min walk, etc... but the lifting thing!  Can't really vacuum, can't train my dog, can't put my kids in the car.  That's what's seriously killing me in this whole thing....

• I'm sorry :( My H and MIL have decided that it's best for me to be babysat. They are treating me like an invalid, and it's pissing me off. I'm sorry with your situation. I hope your mom can come stay with you.
    Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• chase16chase16 member
    Ugh. Hopefully it's only 2 weeks, and you can have someone help with the kiddos! Thinking about you!
  • NSAbbyNSAbby member
    Hopefully its just two weeks, and you have someone to help out!  Good luck!

Baby Girl born 7/9/2014 at 34.5wks

• I'm sorry! As someone who has been on modified bed rest for the last two weeks and will continue for the foreseeable future, it's not fun but I just keep telling myself it's best for the babies. Fingers crossed your mom can come out, I know when my inlaws have come down to keep me company it tends to stress me out more than when my parents come. Hang in there, you can do this!

***SIGGY/TICKER WARNING***

TTC since September 2012 ~ DH(32): Non-obstructive azoospermia, Me(32): Normal

10/13 - TESE found sperm!! ~ 11/13 - IVF w/ ICSI #1 ~ ER 11/23/13 ~ 10 R, 9 M, 8 F

ET 11/29/13 ~ Transferred 2 beautiful hatching blasts, 5 frosties

12/5/13 -  BFP!!! Beta #1 (12/7/13) - 189  Beta #2 (12/9/13) - 401 Beta #3 5871

12/16/13 U/S #1 - TWINS!! EDD - August 16, 2014 ~ 7/19/14 - Our beautiful baby girls joined the world!

• I'm sorry to hear it.  :(  I can't imagine being on a weight lift restriction of only 5lbs.  That's crazy and makes grocery shopping a real PITA to boot, nevermind having littles in the house!!!

Fingers crossed your mom can come out early.

Also, when your LO gets older, imagine the "...this is what I did for you!!" story you can tell.  ;) 

I'm looking for the silver lining here...I know it's not much of one...but it sure makes for a good pregnancy story, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• aelhuntaelhunt member
    That sucks but I'm glad the MFM is being good about keeping you baking that baby!

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

• Boo!!! Sorry for the bad news.
  • I'm sorry, that is really tough. I hope it is only for 2 weeks. Thoughts and prayers for you!
    imageimageimageimage
  • toroojitorooji member
    Ugh, I am so sorry!
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hope continue to do better and restrictions get lifted sooner than later!

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry about that,  but it is a good thing you have help at least.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm sorry that you have to go through this (especially the weight restriction!), but I'm so glad that your mom will be able to come and help out. Sending good thoughts!
  • oh dear! Sorry to hear this - hope you get through it quickly!!
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• M&MaxM&Max member
    Oh gosh that totally stinks! Hoping this is just temporary! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ughhhhh.  That really sucks.  You don't realize how much you need to lift things until you are restricted.  I was on bed rest for two weeks and it was depressing!  You can do this, though!  Hope your mom can come out.
  • Brutal.  So glad your mom could come to help out.  Hope the time flies!
  • A 5 lb weight limit would be seriously difficult to follow. I'm glad your mom can come help out though! Mines been here to visit this past week to help keep my toddler busy while I get the nursery ready and help stock the freezer with meals. It has been amazing! Fingers crossed it is only two weeks of extra rest!

• That really sucks.
    but yay for your mom coming!. do you have things to distract your other kids with?

Mom  to S-07/22/10 & Q-12/14/11 L-8/23/14

• pmpkn219pmpkn219 member
    edited May 2014
    Ugh that sounds extremely annoying. I think especially the no lifting with toddlers!! glad your mom can come out

hope it passes by quickly... lots of Candy Crush or Bumping for you?
  • sjs1013sjs1013 member
    I'm very sorry to hear this.  Hopefully you'll be cleared for regular life after another couple of weeks of bed rest.  Do you have a friend or relative who can come by and take your other children out for a few hours to give you a break and get them a change of scenery and fresh air?  That might help too.
  • I'm sorry! Hopefully someone will be able to help you out! Rest up though!

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• pmpkn219 said:
    Ugh that sounds extremely annoying. I think especially the no lifting with toddlers!! glad your mom can come out

hope it passes by quickly... lots of Candy Crush or Bumping for you?
    Don't play Candy Crush, but I'm sure I'll spend a lot more time Bumping.  Probably at odd hours too, because when you sit on your butt 90% of the day you're not gonna sleep well.  I'm also pretty worried about the affect this will have on my online shopping habits lol

• Boo! Sending positive vibes your way, take care of yourself.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I am sorry you are dealing with this, but I am glad to hear that you mom can come earlier! I hope your bed rest is shorter rather than longer!
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"