April 2014 Moms
Options

Share your victories!

Since we have so many going through growth spurts and various other forms of kiddo hell, I figured it might cheer people up to be able to share their accomplishments lately. Doesn't matter how small you think it is!

For me, my little gremlin has started enjoying her swing, and tonight I finally managed to nip a shower that I didn't have to wait until DH got home from work at 2:30am for! Clean hair and shaved pits, woo! :P

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell

Re: Share your victories!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Manda+pandaManda+panda member
    edited May 2014
    I may actually get to sleep tonight...we are currently side lie nursing for the first time.

Edit auto correct
  • Options
    DS and I visited DH at work AND made it to two grocery store this afternoon - we had a very calm morning and afternoon (the evening did a complete 180... But we're only talking victories, right?!)
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cd92007cd92007 member
    DS has been sleeping in his crib which is a huge victory for me. It's usually just from 11-2 and 3-5 but I'll take it considering he's only 2 weeks old!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I managed to put the kids laundry away today while Dd has been napping in her bassinet. And now I'm chilling on my bed with the iPad waiting for her to wake up.
    First we had you.

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• Options
    I got both kids bathed and got a shower myself last night before I was exhausted.
  • Options
    I love reading these -- keep up the victories, ladies!

LO and I attended big sis's pre-k graduation (on time!) and he slept through the whole thing. I was afraid he'd start wailing and I'd be asked to leave, but we made it through! So proud of all 3 of us :)
  • Options
    DS slept from 930 to 230 and again from 330 to 6 which is amazing considering the night before he stayed up for almost three hours crying between 230 and 5. It was amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I fit into and zipped and buttoned my pre pregnancy jeans. 4 weeks pp. I also got a nice shower and even shaved my legs today while LO napped this morning. I'm feeling pretty fantastic.
  • Options
    DD cluster fed all night last night. She finally went to sleep at 4 am. And was back up from 7 to 10 but not cluster feeding! I've gotten to shower, sleep, eat, take her to an appointment and have a meeting with my boss. 4.5 weeks left of maternity leave.
  • Options
    I received a boba wrap as an early Mother's Day present and successfully wore dd today. I always thought I wasn't savvy enough to really do that kind of thing but I did it. In a related victory I got to actually eat dinner with my family instead of watching them eat. Also on a related note I got to have dd off her monitor most of the day with our pedis blessing. She was only on it while I showered and she'll go back on it before we go to bed. 

\image  image

• Options
    rtv3rtv3 member
    We went to Subway for supper! LO sat contentedly in her car seat the whole time and then behaved for my sister long enough for me and DH to get a 2hr nap!
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    cd92007cd92007 member
    BuggasMom said:

48 hours weened off the nipple shield!!! After 4 long weeks baby boy is latching on his own! I could throw myself a party! <:-P </p>

Omg you give me hope! I feel like I'm never going to get rid of this shield :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cd92007 said:

BuggasMom said:

48 hours weened off the nipple shield!!! After 4 long weeks baby boy is latching on his own! I could throw myself a party! <:-P </p>

Omg you give me hope! I feel like I'm never going to get rid of this shield :(
    Yes hang in there! I thought it would never happen. But it did. Good luck!
  • Options
    rtv3rtv3 member
    heids4787 said:

I went out shopping with LO and DH for the first time! She slept while in BRU, I nursed her in the car while DH ran into Target, and she was awake and content sucking on her pacifier while at the grocery store :-). There is hope I won't be a recluse, after all.

Isn't it the best thing ever? We went to Target today and it felt awesome to just be out of the house.
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    Not so much my victory as my boobs' victory, but still: pre-preg jeans fit at two weeks PP. Not the same, and the waistband digs a bit after awhile, but they were on and buttoned! And the wedding ring is back on! Still not rocking the engagement because I keep catching it while breastfeeding, but I'm super happy to have my band back on.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    I shaved my legs for the first time since giving birth 4 weeks ago!
  • Options
    Three kids, no stretch marks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DH and I went on a real date for our anniversary last night. Dinner and a movie while my parents watched all three kiddos. Had milk pumped, and it was so wonderful to have some alone time with DH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"