April 2013 Moms

FFFC

My in-laws keep Rhys every other Friday. They came to town last night and spent the night at our house to keep him today.

This morning, I woke Rhys up before I left for work to nurse him instead of pumping, and then I turned the baby monitor all the way up so that my in-laws would hear R wake up and get up to take care of him, thereby enabling my H to sleep in.
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Re: FFFC

• I've spent the better part of this work week getting Claire's birthday party all planned.

I'm not looking forward to seeing my dad and step-mom at her party tomorrow. They haven't seen her since she was 5 months old, and we are kind of estranged. I only invited them because I felt like I had to. I'm glad that I will be busy so that I don't have to interact with them too much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • @grace0609 - I see! I've never given LO one because funny enough; I never knew the point, she did have a few early on that I squirted into a bowl. Haha.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• @melandjames14 My students are currently doing a project on Twitter... they are working in groups, each group has to impersonate a character from A Doll's House, and they have to send out tweets each day after we read and interact with each other. They are doing an amazing job and it's hilarious and right on point, but I've discovered that I'm right there with you. I'm sort of figuring it out, but it's confusing! Re-tweet, sub-tweet, etc etc... I can't figure all of this out!

@grace0609 I SORT of see what you mean with the pouches, but I don't think letting your child suck down a pouch every now and then is a big deal. Your child will still learn how to eat the proper way; it's not like he's ruined and destined to a life of pouch slurping!
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @grace0609...I do that every once in awhile, and I feel a little guilty. But honestly...she eats way more when she is able to do it herself...she does not like being spoon fed by me. Miss Independent. I just make sure I do it very rarely, and she gets a spoon and dish to practice with all the time.
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    jthree said:

I confess that I don't understand Twitter. Like when I look at someone's Twitter page I can never tell what they posted vs what they quoted vs what they replied to, etc. I just don't get it. And if I ever tried to use Twitter I'd probably make an ass of myself by doing the wrong thing all the time.

I don't get it either.  The only reason I even have a Twitter account is to follow two people that live post during The Bachelor/Bachelorette and they are so hilarious that it makes watching the shows 100x better.

I used to teach social media classes and ran Carlson hotels social media dept -- I can teach you alllllll about twitter if you want. Most people don't understand it :-). It's mostly really stupid, but has it's merits -- ie, a place to get news real time when other outlets are unavailable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I confess I used to be a little smug about Mila's sleeping habits and now that they've gone to shit, I'm pretty sure I jinxed myself. She still sttn, but is waking up at 5:30 am now instead of her usual 7. And she's not napping and I can't figure out how to get her to switch to one. Didn't i do this before???

• @pinottoparenthood  I don't fault you for buying your own gift!  And that's an awesome necklace.  I cried a little when I saw the pic of the inside.  

I didn't buy my own Mother's Day gift but I did pick it out.  A necklace with a tiny heart charm with Logan's initial.  Usually I think that's against the spirit of gift giving but I don't care.  I wanted something sentimental and I know my husband would have no clue what to get.  Everyone is happier this way.  I know I had a Mother's Day last year but I feel like this is my first real one bc last year it was so new and I had no idea what was going on and I want something to mark the occasion.  
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one buying myself a mother's day gift. My ppb diaper bag is on its last leg, so I obviously needed a new bag. I went with a custom designed timbuk2. I ordered it friday and keep obsessively checking the tracking number to see if it's shipped yet. It hasn't.

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • edited May 2014
    Logan had chicken nuggets twice yesterday. We are going out of town in a few days so we didn't stock up on groceries. I should pick up a few small things for the next few days. :\">

I'm not a fan of the pouches either. I can see they have a few uses, but it's not something I'm going to buy.

Our kids will not get juice on a regular basis. It will be water or milk for the it part. Juice is basically just sugar with some vitamin c. The whole fruit is much better for you. They can eat fruit.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• JSS1002JSS1002 member

I confess that I bought my own Mother's Day present! Nothing crazy or extravagant, but a necklace with a famous e. e. cummings quote. I also bought a matching one for my mom. 

Is this from etsy? I've been eyeballing a similar one all year -- that poem was a part of our wedding ceremony.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @jss1002 Yes! I bought it here:

The seller was awesome... she shipped it out hours after I ordered and upgraded to rush shipping for free so I'd get them for Mother's Day.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I confess that I bought my own Mother's Day present! Nothing crazy or extravagant, but a necklace with a famous e. e. cummings quote. I also bought a matching one for my mom. 

I have that quote tattooed on me. Love it.

Also, my child has sucked on the pouches maybe 5 times. However, I doubt that it is the reason he throws his spoon across the room after banging on the high chair and shoveling food in his mouth by the fistfuls. 

My confession: I'm a little happy DH is leaving for fishing opener this weekend and won't be back until Tuesday night. This means alone "me" time while DS naps and sleeps :)
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    arschm02 said:
    I confess that I bought my own Mother's Day present! Nothing crazy or extravagant, but a necklace with a famous e. e. cummings quote. I also bought a matching one for my mom. 

I have that quote tattooed on me. Love it.

Also, my child has sucked on the pouches maybe 5 times. However, I doubt that it is the reason he throws his spoon across the room after banging on the high chair and shoveling food in his mouth by the fistfuls. 

My confession: I'm a little happy DH is leaving for fishing opener this weekend and won't be back until Tuesday night. This means alone "me" time while DS naps and sleeps :)
    I like it when DH goes on work trips for 1-2 nights. 3 nights and I lose it, but 1-2 is ok.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • RE: Pouches

My DD LOVES them. Like she has at least one a day (usually as a snack). They are super convenient for when we're on the go and she gets hungry. Plus they come in flavors that I wouldn't normally have on hand. Also, the Yo Baby/Toddler yogurts come in pouches that she loves too.

She still eats most of her meals with a spoon/fingers and bowl/plate. I'm not worried about her eating habits/development.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Grace0609 said:
    RE: Pouches

My DD LOVES them. Like she has at least one a day (usually as a snack). They are super convenient for when we're on the go and she gets hungry. Plus they come in flavors that I wouldn't normally have on hand. Also, the Yo Baby/Toddler yogurts come in pouches that she loves too.

She still eats most of her meals with a spoon/fingers and bowl/plate. I'm not worried about her eating habits/development.
    This is pretty much us too. I just don't get the hate. He can self feed much easier, quicker and cleaner with the pouch. I think it teaches independence better than spoon feeding (which doesn't teach independence at all IMO).
    I am concerned about the effect of sucking down food and not taking the time like you would with a spoon to feel the satiety feeling to make you stop eating when you are full. That is all. In a child with feeding issues like my son it also does nothing to teach normal tongue movement and oral skills when eating solids. It is not normal to suck down food like you drink a bottle.
    I tend to agree with this on a philosophical level - humans in general weren't made to eat things that are pureed.  Mashed -- yes.  But evolution and technology have made us incredibly lazy and this is a small example of it.  Pouches are the chicken mcnugget of babyhood.

That said, my kid was shitting diamonds due to not consuming enough produce by hand, so I re-introduced purees and the problem went away.  So I'm choosing to ignore my feelings about purees and instead i'm just grateful that they are an option right now.

:-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"