Preemies
Options

Question for 33 weekers

When was your child able to hold their head up on their own?  Ava cries everytime I try and do tummy time with her so I am forced to do it with her on my chest.  Thanks!

Re: Question for 33 weekers

• Options
    I think she was around 4 months or so- I can't remember. Do tummy time as much as possible even if it is on your chest. We never did tummy time since she hated it as well. Well it resulted in her being delayed in gross motor skills.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • Options

Around 4 months

DS hated tummy time but we did it as much as we could

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had 31 wkrs, but tummy time on your chest is perfectly fine. Gaven used to hate belly time. They say is because is hard on them (belly). Try and place a blanket under your baby and put her on her boppy. Hopefully it will work. After a while Gaven got used to the floor now he's a champ! ?GL!
  • Options

3.5 months actual, 2 months adjusted.  If she hates tummy time, carry her around on your shoulder, it works her neck muscles as well.

• Options
    Around 3.5 months he had pretty good head control. At that point it was good enough to put him in the jumperoo which really helped him develop it further because he LOVED being in it and would hold his head up forever and stare at the toys. He hates his tummy time mat and would scream. Oh...and he also started sleeping on his stomach around 3 months and I think that helped it a lot too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"