April 2014 Moms

Anyone had sex yet?? TMI

My DH is starting to get frustrated!! It's been five weeks and I'm holding out for the six week check! We have been doing everything but intercorse but now he is starting to ask, not pressure just ask 'can we have sex yet?'
Anyone else??

Re: Anyone had sex yet?? TMI

• We did it at 5weeks ( he deployed and I got the okay from dr) but LUBE lube LUBE. Your hormones are off and it can be a little dry
  • I did at three weeks, only after I got the green light from my mw.
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 week check up tomorrow!!! Whoop!
  • Elf2718Elf2718 member
    Hell, its only been 12 days and fiancé is practically begging for it. Not happening.

I did tell him that he stopped whining about it that I could take care of his needs. We shall see... lol
  • At my six week checkup my sutures still hadn't dissolved yet... So there will be no hanky-panky until I'm suture free. DH is being really good about it though (he's been a saint this whole pregnancy, I hate that he has to wait even longer now)
  • I wish -_- we're 2 1/2 weeks in and I'm dying. DH is good about it though and knows we have to wait til the 6 week check up. Not to mention we have a colicky baby who makes us too tired to even hold an actual conversation with each other.

• I was scared trying it! Even though I have one small stitch I swear that the discomfort that I felt was due to the stitch. I def recommend lube!
  • maelic said:

Husband didn't want to have sex while I was visibly pregnant, I don't think we've done it since 2013. Of course, now he's all "I miss you, when can we have sex, I can't wait to do sexy things again" etc. Too bad so sad mister, we're waiting at least until my six week checkup but I'm not guaranteeing anything. I might need more time before wanting to stick something in my vagina after pushing out a 9lbs8oz baby.

Same with my DH. I wanted it all the time during 2nd tri and he was completely uninterested! His fault it's been so long! I had a csection and although I'm starting to want sex again, my body is like "oh no you're not thinking about orgasming and contracting this uterus and using these ab muscles!" Haha.... Hopefully in a couple weeks I will feel up to it. I'm almost 5 wks pp now.
  • ksulliksulli member
    @maelic‌ after my 9lb10ozer we waited about 6 more months did to my fear of pain/his fear of hurting me. It still hurt, but I think that was more from the scar tissue which would have hurt whenever we went for it. It did get back to normal again though.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • maelicmaelic member
    @ksulli I'm so relieved to hear things went back to normal, I'm actually terrified that I'll never enjoy sex again right about now. It's premature, I know, my stitches aren't even fully healed yet but the very thought frightens me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We haven't gone there yet - too early for us. But after DD it took a bit to get used to sex again. I found it kind of stung a bit the first few times. Lube helps - but what was the worst was that I actually peed twice during sex in the beginning. It was so embarassing... DH didn't even realize what had happened but I was mortified!!
  • When you're newly post partum your hormones make your vaginal walls very thin and dry. This can last awhile, especially if you're breastfeeding. So yeah, go slow and use lots of lube and good luck :)
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH so badly wants more children that he doesn't want to risk infection, and I've had too many complications with my uterus in the past for me to want to tempt fate. He's happy with handies and BJs until the doctor gives us the okay to have vaginal sex. I am counting down the days until my checkup - I want sex.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • I've always been the one who was more into sex than DH, but I think it's that close connection he's craving, which I totally get. Oh and he misses my boobs. If I'm feeling good at 6w after a c section, June 6 is the magic sex date. I should circle it on the calendar. And we've gotta find that stash of condoms.... Lol haven't needed those for quite some time and I am NOT risking pregnancy for his comfort. I don't mind the condoms one bit, but sweet heavens, we are not having Irish twins!!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • I have definitely been getting in the mood lately (3 weeks pp) but we haven't done ANYTHING. I'm not ready to try vaginal sex but I'd really like to offer him oral. Literally, this baby will not have any of it. We are never alone anymore, she always wants to be held. And she's become a bit nocturnal (kill me) so when he comes home from the gym she's basically up and wants interaction.
  • We are both in the mood but at less than 3 weeks pp we just have to wait. I gave him some loving the other night but not really an option for me at the moment. We probably won't make it to the 6 week mark but I know we will have to be pretty slow and gentle for a while. 
  • Ugh. I am dreading it honestly. With my last pregnancy i waited 6 weeks but it hurt soooo bad! This time i told my DH that i will drink a glass of wine before to help me relax and lots of lube! I have a 5 week check up next week. At least this time i only had a 1 degree tear. Does Mirena start working as birth control right away or does it take a week to kick in?
  • Did at 4 weeks pp after dr gave the go ahead.
  • ckred27ckred27 member
    edited May 2014

Told DH that I wont do it until he gets fixed. We have 4 kids, already knew we were done, tried to get him to go get snipped while I was pregnant and the procrastinator didn't do it, so now, no sex until we don't have to worry about pregnancy (he wont use a condom, and bc hormones make me nuts) So yeah...he scheduled the consult for next week....hope that we can start doing it again soon....really soon....

oh and Id like to note that it wasn't until this last week that I had any interest. Just hit 6 weeks and Im back to work, so we have switched to formula. while the boobs were active and I was in recovery, I had  zero interest, but totally different story now

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Ugh. I am dreading it honestly. With my last pregnancy i waited 6 weeks but it hurt soooo bad! This time i told my DH that i will drink a glass of wine before to help me relax and lots of lube! I have a 5 week check up next week. At least this time i only had a 1 degree tear. Does Mirena start working as birth control right away or does it take a week to kick in?
    @smashton14th - Yes, Mirena works immediately. However, expect some mild spotting and cramping for a day or two after it's put in - you may not want sex right away.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • My down there is destroy so us a big NO NO it's been 3weeks and still hurts bleeding and visible stitches .
  • We have, at 4wks. I gave in to hubby, it was uncomfortable/painful at first, but soon it was very enjoyable.
  • DH had surgery 4 days after I gave birth and he can't have sex for 6 weeks (another 3 weeks) so I don't have to worry about it until after that! Poor guy had a hernia that dropped down into his scrotum and was strangling his right testicle. No way he's going to risk anything happening to the family jewels!!   
    YCSWU
  • Heads up I fell asleep reading this and I think I hit the report button on someone. Very sorry, I was twitching while sleeping.
  • Hell to the no, we are not having sex.
    My excuse is not being on birth control, I don't want another child any time soon.
  • cd92007cd92007 member
    Yesterday I went to the eye doctor and she told me when she went back to her 6 week appointment after her first baby they informed her she was pregnant again. Omg!!!!! I would die! That convinced me to be on lock down until I get Mirena. (Although with both a tear and an episiotomy I don't think that will be too hard to do).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • cd92007 said:
    Yesterday I went to the eye doctor and she told me when she went back to her 6 week appointment after her first baby they informed her she was pregnant again. Omg!!!!! I would die! That convinced me to be on lock down until I get Mirena. (Although with both a tear and an episiotomy I don't think that will be too hard to do).
    That's what happened to my SIL. Her first was born Feb 2011 and her second was born Dec 2011 (he was 6 weeks early)
  • I'm 2 weeks pp today and I'm dying to do the deed with SO! We both ask each other all the time has it been 6 weeks yet?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"