December 2013 Moms
Options

Non-crib babies?

LO refuses to sleep in his crib. He cries as soon as I start to lower him into it. We tried letting him CIO. Worked pretty well the first night, only cried for 15-20 min, but the next night he woke up screaming in the MOTN and just refused to settle. He currently sleeps in a non moving swing. How many of you are still dealing with LOs who refuse the crib? Any success stories?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Non-crib babies?

• Options
    ErinO21ErinO21 member
    This was me about a month ago except LO was in a rock n play. He would last 10 minutes at the most in his crib. When he turned 4 months old I wanted to move him. I bought a crib wedge in hopes he liked the incline of the rnp and not the snugness. I picked a weekend to tough it out, which happened to be after his 4 month appt and shots, which worked out because they made him sleepy so he slept in his crib the whole night. I also swaddled him from the stomach down to keep him warm and to also remind him of the snugness. Now the next 3-4 nights were a little rough, but he is in his crib now and only wakes up MOTN every once in a while
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are the opposite. LO was sleeping in his side-car crib just fine all night but then the 4MW hit and now he's in our bed from 3 am on, and nursing a lot of time, although we're both mostly asleep for it. I am enjoying it for now...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are the opposite. LO was sleeping in his side-car crib just fine all night but then the 4MW hit and now he's in our bed from 3 am on, and nursing a lot of time, although we're both mostly asleep for it. I am enjoying it for now...

This is almost us except she doesn't do a lot of nursing, just sleeping. I'm hoping waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning is going to cease soon. Here's to hoping!
  • Options
    Ashleynh5 said:

Uh yeah...we are still in the RnP/our bed. She starts in the RnP, when she wakes up to eat I side nurse her and she falls back asleep in our bed. Depending on how tired I am, she either sleeps by me, or I get up and put her back in the RnP. She will play in her crib, but she has never slept in it more than 2 minutes.

I really just need to toughen up and get it over with, but it's hard. The crying hurts my little heart, and I enjoy the snuggles. Yes I realize I will probably be the one with a toddler in my bed. 
    I tell myself I'm going to toughen up too and get her pnp all night first so I can move her upstairs. But it's like I don't even realize half the time I get up and grab her bc I practically stay asleep and then she goes right to sleep. When I wake up later it's like oops did it again (sang it like the Britney song...lol I'm weird)
  • Options
    n8swifen8swife member
    We're still trying to transition from the RNP to the crib. It sucks but I'd rather do it now than a few months down the road.
  • Options
    My baby is also still in the RnP and I totally need to suck it up and move her. I'm just so worried she's going to hate it/cry/wake up, since she's sleeping through the night right now. She's a baby who likes to be squished but has never liked the swaddle so that's not really an option. I just need to bite the bullet - the reasonable side of me says move her but it's easier said than done!

Good luck!
  • Options
    Ben still sleeps in the rock n play or swing. I've tried the crib and he hates it, wakes as soon as I put him down. We'll just keep trying every so often but he's a super sweet laid back baby and I can't bring myself to make him CIO yet when he's still sleeping happily in the rock n play. I always joke with dh that he'll be taking his swing to college ;)
  • Options
    We have officially transitioned from the RNP to the crib (LO is 4.5 months old), but it was a very slow transition.  He was STTN in the RNP, so we were terrified to make the move.

We started out with short naps in the crib (swaddled) to get him used to it.  The only way it worked was if we rocked him to sleep and then put him down.  Even then the naps were still shorter, but we stuck with it.  We did this for about 5 days.

We still do a dream feed with him around 10:45 (he goes down around 7:45), so we then moved to putting him in the crib between his bedtime bottle and dream feed.  We did this for 2 weeks.  At first he woke up once we put him down, but in most cases he was able to put himself to sleep.  After 2-3 days of that, he would stay asleep when we put him down and not wake up to play.

About a week ago, we moved to the crib all night and for all naps.  So far, so good!  He occasionally wakes up fussing in the middle of the night because he's woken himself up and can't fall back asleep, but we've found if we leave him for 5-10 minutes, he settles back on his own without us having to go in.

What worked for us: not having him associate his crib with play time, so there are no toys, no mobiles, etc.  He only goes in the crib to sleep.  Also, gradual transition, still swaddling (that's next to break), some CIO and consistency.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Last night was the first time I got Mike out of my bed and into the PNP right next to me. He woke up to nurse three times, but returned to the PNP without fuss each time. The only thing different this time was he slept in a T-shirt and diaper instead of a sleeper or sleepsack.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We moved to the crib at 2 months because he was just to big for the bassinet. We started a bedtime routine of bath pajamas then say good night to daddy and auntie and bf then once he was sleepy in the crib. Now our only problem is he gets his arms and legs stuck in the sides of the crib!!!!! Ugh he rolls and scoots so much and he can only scoot back not forward. Good luck!
  • Options
    So frustrated. M is great at self-soothing and I can put him down (in the swing) awake and he'll go right to sleep without a peep. Now that he's 5 mos, he's starting to give us longer sleep stretches too (finally!)

Last night we tried the crib again and he cried for an hour and a half before we couldn't take it anymore and picked him up. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"