July 2014 Moms

Monitors for 2 kids...

I'm looking for a video monitor that I can watch kids in 2 separate rooms... I'm going insane with all that's out there! If any one can recommend theirs that they have been veery happy with, I'd really appreciate it!
BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: Monitors for 2 kids...

• I think this is the one we have: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lorex-baby-care-n-share-wireless-baby-monitor/9919204.p?id=1219043716439&skuId=9919204&st=baby monitor&cp=1&lp=6

We have it set up in our toddlers room and the nursery. So far so good and it lets me either have the option of switching back and forth or I can have both up on the screen at the same time.

• I just got the summer infant dual video monitor.  We haven't set up the second one yet because we haven't moved DS into his new room yet, but it also has the split screen option or scanning between the 2 rooms (you can't hear both rooms when it is on split screen, so we'll do scanning between the two at nights to hear both).

I like that it has panning options so I can look around the room to see what DS has gotten into.  I also like that it doesn't use wifi, so I don't have to worry about creeps hacking into it and watching and/or talking to my kids through it.
  • Loading the player...
  • We just bought the Motorola MBP43 from BRU. It's awesome!! Comes with 2 cameras (you can add up to 4), zooms/pans/tilts, you can talk into it, tells you the room temp, plays lullabies, and has an alarm. Very easy to pair cameras- we bought a third one on ebay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image
  • Thanks ladies! I will look into those
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • We just bought the Motorola MBP43 from BRU. It's awesome!! Comes with 2 cameras (you can add up to 4), zooms/pans/tilts, you can talk into it, tells you the room temp, plays lullabies, and has an alarm. Very easy to pair cameras- we bought a third one on ebay.
    I just want to say I love the intercom feature..............

• jnnfrrose6jnnfrrose6 member
    edited May 2014
    tourqeyes said:
    We just bought the Motorola MBP43 from BRU. It's awesome!! Comes with 2 cameras (you can add up to 4), zooms/pans/tilts, you can talk into it, tells you the room temp, plays lullabies, and has an alarm. Very easy to pair cameras- we bought a third one on ebay.
    Ours has an intercom feature, but it's not something we use so I didn't even think about mentioning.  Why is this something anyone would need?  It'd scare the hell out of me if someone started talking to me over it.
  • We picked up the Motorola MB 36 with an extra monitor as our latest round of video monitors.  So far we have tested it out and the quality is good as well as the distance.  We have had 3 previous models of the summer infant video monitors. Eventually they all failed to work properly.  For us the monitors broke, several cameras stop working, and the battery did not retain any charge.  Unfortunately, these all happened after the warranty expired and we had to replace them each time.  Fool my once, shame on me, twice, three times, ok I get it now!  That's why we changed to the Motorola.  Many friends recommended this one to us.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We also have one by Motorola. I bought it on Amazon with just one camera for DS1, so we'll be buying an add-on camera for this LO. We've used it for nearly 2 years now, and it has worked fine. The battery doesn't last super long if someone (like my mom) insists on turning the screen on all the time, but with the screen mostly off it lasts probably 5 hours or so. My understanding is that when we add the second camera, we can choose to tune-in to one or the other, or we can have it scan between each every few seconds.

• We have the summer infant double one. Our single video monitor was a Motorola.The picture is not as good quality wise as Motorola, battery life is shorter, and I wish it beeped to let me know the battery was about to turn off. That said, the ability to scan the room and split screen makes up for what it lacks.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • TifflesTiffles member
    https://www.summerinfant.com/securesight
    This is the one we have! We've had it for 2 1/2 years, and never had an issue! I've dropped it about 50 times, on concrete, down the stairs, pretty much on everything, and it still works perfect! We just bought a second camera for it, and I can have one or the other room on it, or it will automatically scan between each room every 7/8 seconds!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh...why are these things so expenisve?!?

image image

I know! I'm putting it on a registry just so I can get a % off the damn thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • tourqeyes said:

We just bought the Motorola MBP43 from BRU. It's awesome!! Comes with 2 cameras (you can add up to 4), zooms/pans/tilts, you can talk into it, tells you the room temp, plays lullabies, and has an alarm. Very easy to pair cameras- we bought a third one on ebay.

I love the feature too! Too bad DS totally freaks out and starts crying hysterically when I use it!!

I know! I'm putting it on a registry just so I can get a % off the damn thing!
    I think BRU is offering a $25 gift card on monitors over $199 starting tomorrow. And you should be able to use a 20% off too!
  • Big+LilBig+Lil member
    Anyone ever do a Foscam or other ip camera for 2+ rooms? Hijacking.
  • *LrCg**LrCg* member
    Summer Infant Baby Touch is what we have & the only one I am aware that will scan multiple rooms with sound. We have 3 cameras set up & soon will have a 4th. I love that I can move the camera from the base to scan the room & it has a talk back feature. It goes pretty far because I will carry it around our yard & can be @250 ft from the house & still be clear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"