March 2014 Moms

Sleeping Baby Productions sling question

For those that own (or want to own) a SBP ring sling, which type of fabric did you get? I know everyone loves the wrap conversion slings, but I just can't afford an $85 dollar carrier right now. I'm going to go with the standard sling, but I'm unsure of what fabric to get. Linen or French twill? I want something that can last for awhile, and be comfy this summer.

Also, did you get any accessories (pocket, tail fabric, etc).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Sleeping Baby Productions sling question

• @Nickiechan‌ paging you especially!

• memo9memo9 member
    I have a linen one and I like it a lot!  It's very supportive and light weight.  It's isn't necessarily "soft", but that's pretty typical of linen.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would get whatever the thinest, lightest fabric is, I'm assuming linen, because idk about you but DS is a little space heater. I sweat like a pig in my Moby.

Yeah that's partially why we don't use the Moby anymore. She and I get sooooo hot, and she hates it!

• Linen is great for summer, however I know some say that it can become diggy once the baby is bigger, however I never had an issue with it. You can't go wrong with either IMHO... I would go with Eetsi shoulder though. I don't find that as diggy as her pleated. 
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• memo9memo9 member
    Linen is great for summer, however I know some say that it can become diggy once the baby is bigger, however I never had an issue with it. You can't go wrong with either IMHO... I would go with Eetsi shoulder though. I don't find that as diggy as her pleated. 
    I don't think she offers an eesti shoulder for her standard slings.  Just the WCRS.
  • MegMo10 said:

Linen is great for summer, however I know some say that it can become diggy once the baby is bigger, however I never had an issue with it. You can't go wrong with either IMHO... I would go with Eetsi shoulder though. I don't find that as diggy as her pleated. 

I don't think she offers an eesti shoulder for her standard slings.  Just the WCRS.

Oh I didn't know that. Her pleated is good too!
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• @Nickiechan‌ what is the draw to the wrap conversion over her other slings? Maybe I should just start searching the couch for quarters and save up for it ;). LO is ready a large baby so maybe the linen is a bad idea.

• I find WCRS more supportive and I am also so use to the fabric that I find it easier to work with imho. However it really depends on what you like. There is a resale swap on FB that you can find cheaper ones.

Sorry mobile link

https://m.facebook.com/groups/576787369010232?ref=bookmark
    Nickie

• I just ordered a linen one.  I'd love a WCRS, maybe in the future.  But #1, the only one it looks like she has in stock is rainbow, and DH requests that baby stuff would be wearable/carryable by him too (which is why I have a black diaper bag, rather than an awesome print).  And #2, the DH is getting stressed about my spending and I really want a RS right now.

I just requested to join the fb page, so maybe in the future I'll get a WCRS too. 

AriaAmante143 - it looks like she's going to shut down orders sometime tonight for about 10 days, so if you don't want to wait and you haven't gotten your order in already, you may want to look into it.  

And a random brag - DH wears Matthew more than I do, and he loves it. :) 
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • I think I'm going to go ahead and order a linen one now :). I think that + my Mei Tai will take care of us for awhile :)

• Whatcha gonna get?  I ordered a pool blue one with a slate ring.  I'm super excited.  

I have a moby and it's great...but I live in Florida and it's too hot to wear outside for any period of time.  And it's a little cumbersome to get on and off to wear him in the house during the day.  We did get an ergo on sale, but he's still too small and I don't want to spend the money for the infant insert that we won't need for that long.  

I'm looking at the mei tai, too.  You like yours?
  • rockopera said:

Whatcha gonna get?  I ordered a pool blue one with a slate ring.  I'm super excited.  

I have a moby and it's great...but I live in Florida and it's too hot to wear outside for any period of time.  And it's a little cumbersome to get on and off to wear him in the house during the day.  We did get an ergo on sale, but he's still too small and I don't want to spend the money for the infant insert that we won't need for that long.  

I'm looking at the mei tai, too.  You like yours?
    I got Turquoise with a silver ring :)

I LOVE my Infantino sash Mei Tai. I recommend it to everyone!

• Mine comes in tomorrow! I cannot wait to try it out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mine comes Friday! Make sure to share a pic tomorrow :). I'm excited

Mine comes Friday! Make sure to share a pic tomorrow :). I'm excited
    Mine comes Friday too! She is super fast.
  • @amdecker1016‌ did you get yours today? I wanna see!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"