Cloth Diapering

PSA Kawaii Mother's Day Sale

I just saw this on their Facebook. Looks like you can get 25% off every item starting May 8th.
TTC since 11/1/12
BFP 1/2/13
Ultrasound showed no heartbeat 2/14/13
BFP 12/7/13
EDD 8/18/14
1st Beta 89, 2nd Beta 214
Stick Baby Stick!!!

Re: PSA Kawaii Mother's Day Sale

• Sweet! This will make up for the awful earth day sales :)
  • It seems like everyone on the board likes the newborn Pure & Natural and the HD2 one size pockets.
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Looks like the pickings are kinda slim right now though. There is not much selection in theHD2's and minkies.
    stoofewok said:
    I'm not very familiar with the Kawaii brand. What are everyone's favorites of the line?

Also, any opinions from those who do not like Kawaii? If so, why?

I love the HD2's for an aplix diaper. I also have a GNHW. I like it because it seems thick and durable. I've never used the P&N's.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't tried it yet but I'm impressed with the bamboo green baby diaper i purchased during the last sale. I've heard the P & N are pretty popular however I want to stay away from microfiber inserts...
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • We're not doing microfiber either. I was planning on stuffing the P&N with a flat or a kawaii bamboo insert.
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • @stoofewok‌ microfiber isn't very absorbent and after awhile they tend to stink. There's nothing wrong with microfiber (i have several that come with the diapers that I'll probably use when I have to) but I'd rather stuff dipes with bamboo, hemp or cotton.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • @stoofewok We use mostly freetimes, and haven't had any issues with microfiber.  It can also get compression leaks, which don't happen with the natural fibers.  You might notice this for example if your LO is jumping in the jumper and pees, then squishing the diaper might cause the pee to leak out.  As long as you are aware of it, and post here if you have any stink issues, you'll be fine.  A lot of people also just really hate the way microfiber feels between their fingers.  And you can't put it directly against the skin.  Freetimes have a layer over the MF so that the MF doesn't touch LO's skin directly, and the feel of them doesn't bother (although I do hate the feel of MF inserts for pocket diapers.) 
    I'm really tired, I hope that made sense.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I've got a full cart waiting for the code to work. Hopefuly it works soon.
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • I read on their FB page that their store doesn't open until 9:30 pst. The code didn't work for me either, so I'm guessing that's why.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 9:34am PST and still nothing...

• They are starting to mutiny on facebook...
  • I'm sure once the code works, it is all going to sell out and I won't get anything I wanted even though I tried to order at midnight and a few times since then. Frustrating!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • zoegirlTX said:
    Hmmm shipping is $13???

I'm going to get 2 P&N (for new borns)

An OS HD velcro

An OS Goodnight heavy wetter...

should I Get anything else?  I've already got 12 AIO's for newborns & plan on mostly doing GMD workhorses...
    Get more PnN's, they are amazing

• zoegirlTX said:
    stoofewok said:
    @zoegirlTX I must be getting too much - shipping is free for my order.
    WTF?? I added a few more P&N's and got up to $50, but that just increased shipping to $15!
    Free shipping after $80.
  • The coupon code isn't work still for me. I think I'll just go with Super Stash and order the P&N without inserts. I don't think the code would work for the Mama Cloth right now anyways since it's already kinda on sale.
  • Quick Q - I planned to use disposable for newborn stage. I am tempted to add a few P&N to my cart to try out but is it worth it if I only get like 2 or 3? Because then I will have to wash them separate from everything else just for 2 diapers.

I should probably stick to all disposables unless I plan to get a full newborn stash.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Quick Q - I planned to use disposable for newborn stage. I am tempted to add a few P&N to my cart to try out but is it worth it if I only get like 2 or 3? Because then I will have to wash them separate from everything else just for 2 diapers. I should probably stick to all disposables unless I plan to get a full newborn stash.
    The PnN's will last a while, I would ditch the disposables and go for those. We started cloth at 2 weeks (8 lbs) and we are now at 4 months (15 lbs) and I am still on the middle rise and have plenty of room to grow width wise. 
  • Quick Q - I planned to use disposable for newborn stage. I am tempted to add a few P&N to my cart to try out but is it worth it if I only get like 2 or 3? Because then I will have to wash them separate from everything else just for 2 diapers. I should probably stick to all disposables unless I plan to get a full newborn stash.
    get a full NB stash :) 

the p&n's were awesome for us.  We only stopped using them (close to A YEAR old!) because the aplix belly tab was rubbing M's skin

they're so cheap, and much better than disposables
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• @Mandmeesh‌ you didn't exclusively use the P&N's for the first year did you? You probably used a variety of kinds/brands?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We're only getting 5 P&N's. I wish I could justify getting more but I've already got 24 flats and 12 small prefolds. I didn't want to go overboard lol. That's 41 changes already.
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • We have made it 4 months with 13 pre-folds, 4 covers and 20 PnN's. Washing every 2-3 days. 
  • stoofewok said:

I'm getting my entire stash of PnNs, even though I know that's not popular. They're budget friendly and since H originally wanted AIOs and is agreeing to pockets, I'm not fighting it.

And then later you will buy another stash of larger one size pockets/AIOs?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yay! I got some more fluff!!!!
  • I feel like it was last year during the Mother's Day sale that they ran out of PnNs and cancelled a bunch of orders.

BabyFruit Ticker

• They're out of the P&N, but I got the Mama Cloth set, and the code worked on that. I threw in a wet bag for our kitchen cloth, and was able to get free shipping. So I don't think I did too badly since I get a free wetbag with the mama cloth.  2 wetbags, and the mama cloth was just $62 then. 
  • @Mandmeesh‌ you didn't exclusively use the P&N's for the first year did you? You probably used a variety of kinds/brands?
    we used a variety but had a handful of p&n's :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Y'all are making me wish I had some p&n but I really don't need anymore diapers!!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Y'all are making me wish I had some p&n but I really don't need anymore diapers!!

Do it. Do it. Do it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Rrrrrachel‌ They convinced me to buy some. Join the club. Everybody's doing it! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    They're out right now. Or maybe just certain prints. I didn't really bother trying to figure it out when I was ordering. I just figured I would wait til SuperStash reopened, and hopefully had some sort of free shipping/% off code at some point over the summer. 
  • I've been lurking a lot over the past couple weeks and I've learned a ton.  I have a question about Kawaii diapers though.  Most of you seem to love the P&N and many people like the HD2, but how about the Cross-Over Square-Tab Snap?  They look just like the Fuzzibunz I just bought from the online outlet.  Any experience?

And I think we're going just with pockets and fitteds/covers.  I can barely put a disposable on my best friend's kid.  I tried out some prefolds at an independent store near me and I can tell you neither DH nor I have the dexterity or patience for that.
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"