December 2014 Moms

Counting down until 2nd trimester....

Hi ladies.  I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with my first baby and am due December 10, 2014.  Although I am thrilled to be having a baby - so far I have not been thrilled with the lovely pregnancy symptoms.  

Like I'm sure many of you have, I have been plagued with the constant nausea, food aversions, roller coaster emotions, fatigue, etc.  People keep telling me that it gets better in the 2nd trimester.........please tell me it actually does!!!  The nausea and constant eating is the worst part.  If I don't eat every hour I just feel AWFUL (and sometimes I feel awful even if I do eat).  Any suggestions, insights, kind words you may have are greatly appreciated!!!

P.S. I am glad to have found a message board with such kind and understanding ladies :-)

Re: Counting down until 2nd trimester....

• It does get better! I'm counting down the days too. I have all the above symptoms as well. I made dinner in the crock pot and can't stay out of it! Hoping DH gets here soon so we can eat. With DS I did really enjoy the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• We have the same due date! I am the same way. I literally threw up my breakfast at the table this morning. I never had morning sickness with first two pregnancies so I'm hoping it goes away soon.
    Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • 2nd trimester is the best really.  energy picks up, baby starts moving, you got the cute lil bump, and you can still relatively sleep well and be active before you start the 3rd and are just a tired waddler lol

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• HeorwigHeorwig member
    Same here. I just can't wait for the nausea to go away!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• kim1730kim1730 member
    Yes it gets better.  But it was always a few weeks into the 2nd trimester when I started feeling better - around 15/16 weeks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pjswifepjswife member
    I am also doing this, but trying to stop myself at times and enjoy the present as much as I can.  I read the other day that towards the end of the first trimester, the placenta takes over hormone production so your whole body gets a break and that's why you start to feel better.  I thought that was fascinating.  When I get to around twelve weeks I'll have to tell my boss too!  Eek.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Hang in there! We're all pulling for each other and it does get better for most people.
    D14 June Siggy Challenge - Favorite TV/Movie Dad: Gomez Addams

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • KtregoKtrego member
    Thank you for everyone's replies!!  It really helps to know that I am not going through this alone, and that there is HOPEFULLY a light at the end of the tunnel.  It's really hard to focus on the positive (and the wonderful outcome) when you are constantly nauseous, but I am trying to do my best.  We have to keep in my why we are doing all of this!!!!

34 days until second trimester...........I will be counting down right along with some of the rest of you!!
  • I have the same due date and I'm going through the same things. It's really hard to be positive when you feel crappy all the time. 3 weeks to go to the second trimester.
  • Hi due date buddy!!

Yes, it does get better. The 2nd trimester almost feels like pre-pregnancy, except you get the added bonus of baby movement.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• ajlmomajlmom member
    Is 12 or 13 week the start of the 2nd trimester?

I can't wait for 2nd trimester to come because it means feeling better (hopefully) and spilling the beans!
    Pregnant with #2

IVF cycle 1 (Nov 2013)- freeze all d/t OHSS
    FET #1-BFN
    FET #2-BFP baby girl born Dec 2014
    FET #3-Sept 2017 BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks

IVF cycle 2 (Oct 2017)- freeze all again d/t OHSS
    FET #1 BPF, pregnant with a singleton due Sept 2018

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Week 14 is the start of 2nd tri. :)
  • Christa74Christa74 member
    edited May 2014
    It depends on what site you check and which doctor you ask regarding the end of the first trimester, some say 12, some 13 & some 14. My Dr. (& lots of websites) considers the second trimester to begin at 12/13 weeks because you are full term at 37 weeks so 12-13 is a third of the way through to bring full term. Makes sense to me. It's an arbitrary number any way you put it..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"