April 2013 Moms

What solid foods do you feed your 1 yr old?

Hi moms- can you give me an idea of what solid foods you feed your 1 year olds and how many times per day etc?

Re: What solid foods do you feed your 1 yr old?

• She gets 3 meals and two snacks a day. Here are some things she eats

Breakfast: Oatmeal, cut up fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs

Lunch: any veggie, whole wheat pasta, turkey meatballs, fruit pouches, cut up fruit, beans, cheese, cottage cheese, avacado, diced chicken/ham/whatever meat we have,tuna fish

Dinner: Whatever we eat, or any of the above lunch options.

Snacks: puffs, Cheerios, yogurt melts, diced veggies, fruit

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • she eats everything we eat. If we go out to eat, we just order something for her off the menu.
    Her eating schedule is:

wake up: 6 oz milk
    9am: breakfast
    11:30-12  lunch with 4oz milk
    2 - snack
    5 - dinner
    bedtime - 6 oz milk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and usually 1-2 snacks.

We try to give him what we are eating if possible, but he can't eat anything TOO spicy and he has a potential fish allergy, so sometimes we have to feed him his own thing. Then it's some combination of fruit, veggie, and protein (meat, cheese, yogurt, black beans, etc.)

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Same as PP.. she eats whatever we eat
  • KrisM86KrisM86 member
    We generally do 3 meals and 1-2 snacks a day.

Breakfast - Either yogurt, a scrambled egg, pancakes/waffles, bagel, sausage, oatmeal or cereal with fruit

Snack - a few crackers, a cheese stick, toast w/ PB or fruit

Lunch - Whatever DD and I are having - 1/2 sandwich, mac & cheese, soup, pasta, etc. usually with a fruit & veggie

Snack - similar to first snack

Dinner - Whatever we're having...generally a protein, starch and 1-2 veggies.

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    3 meals and 1-2 snacks a day + 15-24 oz of milk per day. 

He gets breakfast and lunch and a snack at daycare.

At home, for breakfast we do cheerios, fruit cut into pieces, english muffin w/ pb, eggs, cheese, etc...
    For lunch and dinner, we just do whatever we are eating or have leftovers of in the fridge.  Ideally we'd all eat dinner together every night and have the same thing, but the timing doesn't work great, because I need to feed James pretty might right away after he and DH get home from daycare in order to bathe him and get him to bed at 7 --  so usually he eats right away (leftovers from the night before, or bites of chicken, rice, potato, cut up vegetables, etc), then he has a bath while our dinner is cooking, then he has a pre-bed bottle while we're eating OUR dinner, then he goes to bed at 7.... and then after we clean up, I collapse on the sofa and die a little bit.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • DD is so picky. We offer her everything but wants nothing. She'll take fruit and plain cherrios.
  • I feed my dd 4 meals a day, one is typically smaller and more like a snack, but I try to follow this:

Breakfast: fruit, grain, dairy
    Pre-nap lunch: veggie, protein, grain
    After-nap lunch: fruit or veggie, grain, protein
    Dinner: protein, veggie, dairy

She eats what we eat (or more like we eat what she eats), and she probably gets between 1/2-1 cup of both fruits and veggies, 1/2 cup yogurt, 2-4 oz milk, some cheese, some meat or egg or nut butter, 1 slice bread, 1/3 cup cereal, and maybe some baby snacks thrown in. I also still nurse her. I should say that the list of food above is what I offer her, a lot ends up thrown to the dog.
    ~Eme's mama, SAHM, BF, BLW, CD~

• He eats what I eat and on the same schedule.... Breakfast, lunch and dinner. He will sometimes get a snack between lunch and dinner if needed. The only exception is if the food we are eating is too spicy, then I will prepare him something with a little less heat.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • At 1 year old LO was getting 3 meals and 1-2 snacks. Breakfast usually yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, and gradually introduced things like toast, English muffin, waffle. Lunch is usually leftovers, PB sandwich, quiche. Dinner I aim for protein + carb + veggies... protein started with ground then shredded chicken, but now he eats everything (fish, beef if pre-chewed, pork, etc).
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • How much do they eat for their meals?
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    How much do they eat for their meals?
    HOnestly, it depends and very little consistency. If he's had too much milk he is less hungry, so I try to give him table food first and THEN offer milk.  If he has meatballs, I'd say he's eating 2-3 meatballs (quarter sized) cut up until pieces.  A few TBSP of peas.  A small fruit cup sized portion of fruit.  Etc. He's also eating a lot of purees lately because we were struggling with some serious constipation so I put him back on... and he'll have 2 pouches at a sitting.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • He eats three times a day and between one and two snacks. 

Breakfast is usually oatmeal with some blueberry pancakes from my plate (without syrup). Past few days I have been giving him eggs/sausage/french toast cut up and he devours it.

Lunch is protein/fat and little to no carbs. So 4% milkfat cottage cheese and some cut up chicken.

Dinner is carbs, protein, and veggies... just like @Skidderdo =)

Snacks, I give him the puffs still. I also buy fruit in those single serve plastic cups with no sugar added. So the fruit doesn't go bad and I can take it if we need to go somewhere.

He eats everything except for honey, which I am not going to give him for a while. 

Some days he will eat like crazy 1 cup or more per sitting, some days he eats a few bites then done. It also has to do with what he is eating. Anything like spaghetti or lasagna he will eat two baby bowls that are half full of it.

• He eats three times a day and between one and two snacks. 

Breakfast is usually oatmeal with some blueberry pancakes from my plate (without syrup). Past few days I have been giving him eggs/sausage/french toast cut up and he devours it.

Lunch is protein/fat and little to no carbs. So 4% milkfat cottage cheese and some cut up chicken.

Snacks, I give him the puffs still. I also buy fruit in those single serve plastic cups with no sugar added. So the fruit doesn't go bad and I can take it if we need to go somewhere.

He eats everything except for honey, which I am not going to give him for a while. 

Some days he will eat like crazy 1 cup or more per sitting, some days he eats a few bites then done. It also has to do with what he is eating. Anything like spaghetti or lasagna he will eat two baby bowls that are half full of it.

OMG...We had spaghetti for the first time in a LONG time last night (I've been cutting carbs, but just didn't give a damn last night), and Claire ate 2 bowls full as well. I've never seen her eat that much. I use spiral cut whole wheat noodles so they're easier to grab, and add cut up spinach to the sauce.

And then she had terrible garlic breath...it was hilarious :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Erin10408 said:
    He eats three times a day and between one and two snacks. 

OMG...We had spaghetti for the first time in a LONG time last night (I've been cutting carbs, but just didn't give a damn last night), and Claire ate 2 bowls full as well. I've never seen her eat that much. I use spiral cut whole wheat noodles so they're easier to grab, and add cut up spinach to the sauce.

And then she had terrible garlic breath...it was hilarious :)

James also absolutely loves pasta w/ marinara -- we had bowtie pasta with a traditional meat sauce last week and he absolutely scarfed it down.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm jealous. DD won't touch any pasta! No matter the shape or sauce. Girlfriend isn't having it!

I did read @clandestineX post that she doesn't give C any syrup with pancake. But was always thrown off when people posted they give their babies pancakes, waffles, etc and always wondered "are they giving their baby syrup?" Lol 
  • @Luckey4 Rhys has had pancakes but I refuse to give him syrup... ESPECIALLY that fake syrup that is basically just straight corn syrup. Sooner or later he'll get it, but not while I can still control everything that goes into his mouth!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @Luckey4 - I hope nobody is giving their kids syrup right now. I actually don't like it too much myself.

• I know right. I'm the same way, just smelling it makes me gag.
  • She eats whatever we're having. Most days we have 3 meals and 1-2 snacks. It kind of depends on what we have going on and when she naps. Some days she'll refuse the morning nap and then fall asleep before lunch, so she ends up having a late lunch and no afternoon snack. Amount of food varies from day to day. Some days she's like a bottomless pit. Other days she grazes.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I put a minimal amount of jam on Logan's pancakes. He won't eat them if I don't. He doesn't get a ton of sugar, so I don't mind.

He usually gets what we eat, unless it's too hard or tough for him to chew. (Steak, hard raw veggies, yogurt with granola, etc.) I will have something else lined up for him.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"