December 2014 Moms
Options

why would you name your baby this?!?!?!?!

Oh geez. I think I just saw the worst name yet: Hudzyn Cartyr.....WTF?!

Re: why would you name your baby this?!?!?!?!

• Options
    I guess they were trying to be "unique"... I think the original spelling of the two names put together is really cute though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not a fan of "younique" spelling of names. I agree that the name would be nice if spelled the traditional way.

Married 10-5-12 | TTC#1 10-5-13 | BFP 4-5-14 | Due 12-12-14
    First u/s 4-21-14, Baby G has a heartbeat! 112BPM
    Second u/s 5-1-14 140BPM | Third u/s 5-3-14 168BPM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pjswifepjswife member
    This reeeealllly bugs me!  I can't say where I work online, but let's just say I see a lot of "special" and "unique" name spellings.  Because SHADYNASTY is really so much better than Shady Nasty.  I mean really they are almost negligible, pick either and your kid is screwed for life.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Ugh, that was my pet peeve when I still worked at the hospital, we'd call in some kid for bloodwork and their parent would get all pissy because we pronounced the name wrong. Put a damn vowel or something in it and maybe we'd say it right!

*I shouldn't say much, I've gotten some serious flack for my youngest childs name, people ask where we got it from- Its a book of the Bible for petes sake! Zephaniah is not weird

:P

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• Options
    @MaineMama‌ I get a lot of "Oh... that's different. " when people see my son's name as well (Mathieu). I am all for different names. Just not made up ones.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    mamaRN3 said:

Lol!
    There's a "worst name ever" story floating around my unit from a few years ago. A lady wrote down her new baby's name on the card an when the doctor looked at it later he said " Shady Nasty???" . She got super mad and said "No!! Her name is SHAdynasty!". Now we all crack up when we say "Shady Nasty".

This is from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia haha sooo funny
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My mother worked at a bank when I was a baby. She had two customers with hilarious names; Rita Book and Harry Pitts. No lie. Who does that?
    Also, I work at a school with a child named Tequila. Her parents will tell you that's how she was conceived. Smh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kasey880 said:

My mother worked at a bank when I was a baby. She had two customers with hilarious names; Rita Book and Harry Pitts. No lie. Who does that?
    Also, I work at a school with a child named Tequila. Her parents will tell you that's how she was conceived. Smh.

OMG! That's priceless!
  • Options
    Hey, SMH isn't on the acronyms lost but I see it all the time. What does it mean?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kdm06c said:

@MaineMama‌ I get a lot of "Oh... that's different. " when people see my son's name as well (Mathieu). I am all for different names. Just not made up ones.

Move up here and that name wouldn't get a second look. My poor DH was saddled by his mom (Jacinthe) with the name Gaetan, after his uncle Gaeton. I live in a bilingual city and I've still met people who can't pronounce his name. And then I, the English speaker, have to tell them how it's pronounced *headdesk*
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options

Hey, SMH isn't on the acronyms lost but I see it all the time. What does it mean?

Shaking my head. I usually see it on FB and Twitter, not a lot on here.

Well thank you!! You've been my hero today haha

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

kdm06c said:

Move up here and that name wouldn't get a second look. My poor DH was saddled by his mom (Jacinthe) with the name Gaetan, after his uncle Gaeton. I live in a bilingual city and I've still met people who can't pronounce his name. And then I, the English speaker, have to tell them how it's pronounced *headdesk*

Yea.. I am in the South (lived in Mississippi and now we are in Texas). They just don't get it lol. We chose the spelling to honor my dad.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    My mom had a kid in her class and his name was spelled Sh*thead, but was pronounced Shi Theed. He was like 4.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow
  • Options
    My dad knows someone whose family is German, but they live in the U.S. Their last name is pronounced greasy-dick and they named him Harry. I guess they didn't know any better but yikes!

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    My mother sat down on an airplane and introduced her self to a man her then stuck oit his hand and said Hey Jablome. True story. Not being gross.
  • Options
    Harry greasy dick hhaha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kdm06c said:

I love the name Mathieu! I lived in French-country for a long while, and both my ex-husband and my current husband are French, so I can totally roll with the francophone names ;) My exH had an aunt, and when I actually had to write out her name for a thankyou note I was asking everyone how to spell her name. Yeah, it was Theresa, but everyones accents were so thick I had NO idea and was trying to figure out the phonetics for "Thay-daiy-se"

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

• Options
    I once waited on a girl named Chinesegirl Doe. Hmmmm...
  • Options

mamaRN3 said:

Lol!
    There's a "worst name ever" story floating around my unit from a few years ago. A lady wrote down her new baby's name on the card an when the doctor looked at it later he said " Shady Nasty???" . She got super mad and said "No!! Her name is SHAdynasty!". Now we all crack up when we say "Shady Nasty".

Lol I love Frank Reynolds.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

mamaRN3 said:

Lol!

Lol I love Frank Reynolds.
    That whole group is just brilliant. I always say some of the best acting I've ever seen is on that show. It's just so funny!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mamaRN3mamaRN3 member
    So funny! Good to know where it ACTUALLY came from! We've had some really bad real names pop up but that was the worst if heard of. Glad to hear it wasn't real! Lmao!
  • Options
    LupeVallejoLupeVallejo member
    edited May 2014
    I know a couple who named their daughter Cherry. Like the slutty stripper fruit... Cherry. What...the...fuck....!?!? Oh and thanks @ChelseaMari‌ for helping me solve the great mystery of 2014. I seriously never knew what that meant. SMH now.
    {May Siggy Challenge}
    Favorite TV mom: Janelle's Mom

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Flor Maria
  • Options
    Just my opinion, but if you want a unique name, change your own name. Don't give it to your kid. My kids go to school with a girl by the name of Amazing. SO works with the public and there are always some very interesting and boarder line cruel names.

There is one woman who has something like 8 (I kid you not) boys. All with the same name. They are named after their father. The only difference is the # behind their name. Not bad I know, but that is just odd.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Options
    Krisx2Krisx2 member
    Names I have seen, not kidding: Chrystal Chandelier, Heroine (the drug her mother was one when she got pregnant), Harley Davidson, and Treasure Hunt. I mean, I get joking about names...DH and I have a last name that would be easy to have a little fun with...but really naming your kid that? Might not be funny when they are trying to enter the world of adulthood.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Lol, to go with this thread-

My eldest child is 6, and his kindergarten teacher had a baby yesterday. I asked him what she had, and its a boy. My son INSISTS the baby's name is Gidget. His teacher is a very "normal" person, I'm positive she did NOT name her son Gidget.  

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

• Options

I know a couple who named their daughter Cherry. Like the slutty stripper fruit... Cherry. What...the...fuck....!?!? Oh and thanks @ChelseaMari‌ for helping me solve the great mystery of 2014. I seriously never knew what that meant. SMH now.

Lol to slutty stripper fruit!! And you're very welcome! I couldn't come up with anything other than suck my horse and that just didn't work for most situations...or ever

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a buckeye girl and heard a name that I think is adorable but some others think the couple who named their daughter this is crazy .... Her name is Scarlett gray :) I llloooovvvveeee it tho
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"