December 2013 Moms

What are you doing and/or getting for Mothers Day?

I'm so excited for my first Mothers Day. DH asked me what I wanted and I have no idea! I went back to work this week and my brain feels fried so I couldn't come up with anything besides 'let's go out to lunch'. What are you ladies doing?

Re: What are you doing and/or getting for Mothers Day?

• fauxveganfauxvegan member
    edited May 2014
    We have no plans for Sunday, but my brother graduates with his Associates on Saturday and my mom says we are celebrating both. Ugh. On the bright side, I got the sewing machine I've been asking for as a Mothers Day gift.

ETA because typing is hard

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jy725jy725 member
    No plans that I know of! I suggested we go to a baseball game. DH is very thoughtful and I'm sure he will think of something though.
  • I don't know about presents. I think we're probably going to breakfast, then to this seaside park with tidal pools and a nice playground. We'll probably have a picnic lunch there. I'm hoping to get a few hours to myself in the afternoon for a pedicure, but we'll see about that.

• DH is working, so it'll be just another day. I've invited my mom and sister over, but we've yet to finalize plans.

All I want for Mother's Day is a good night's rest!
    imageimageimageimage
  • I ordered a new robe off of vs for myself as a gift, and we're going to brunch!
  • DH is planning something! We are seeing our moms Friday and Saturday so Sunday is just for us...not sure what we are doing but I'm just excited for a whole day with DH, DD and our pup!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • I'm a little disappointed because I think DH is getting me flowers. Flowers are nice and all, but they are his go-to, "I don't want to think about this" gift. I was really hoping he would put a little more thought into it since it's my first Mother's Day.

Yeah I get tired of flowers too.
    I think I may hint I want the ice cream cake that cold stone creamery has been advertising... Lemon berry I think. I usually hate ice cream cakes but this one looks soooo good!
  • liz429liz429 member
    I think we will be doing yard work and might go fishing. Im not expecting a gift. H doesnt really think of things like that.
  • MamaCBear said:

DH got me this gorgeous tanzanite ring. He gave it to me yesterday because he couldn't wait and it was in. Love him.

That's so beautiful!!
  • amberproamberpro member
    edited May 2014
    I'm getting a Tula in honor of Mother's Day. So stinkin excited.

We're going to my mom's for the weekend. My MD rules: DH gets up with the kids, I don't cook, I don't clean :). Should be a relaxing day.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• swirl25swirl25 member
    I would just like to sleep in and not have to cook. So I'll get to sleep late while DH gets up with the kids, and my parents, MIL, BIL and his gf will come over for a late lunch which will be ordered in (easier than going out with the kids). As far as an actual gift I hinted I'd like something like a GC for a massage, but we'll see if I actually get that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JillSandmJillSandm member
    edited May 2014

I wanted to go canoeing on the James but it looks like it's going to be stormy. Sooooo I don't know!

We canoed for our first anniversary with James River Rafting out of Scottsville, VA, when we lived in Charlottesville. Had so much fun!

We'll be heading to church, then taking my mom out for lunch. Dairy Queen cake for dessert!

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• DH told me to today that whatever him and LO got me will probably make me cry. Not sure if we're doing anything on Sunday besides dinner with his family. Tradition is that the guys handle dinner :)

• DH got me a gift card to a local nursery. Saturday morning we are going so I can pick out bushes/flowers, then he's going to plant them and mulch the front of our house. Plus he said we'll make bottles for Saturday night & he'll take baby duty overnight!

Sunday we're having my parents & MIL over for lunch after church. DH is grilling & we'll have some drinks and let the grandmas love on Libby.

Wish DH would do that for me! I'm dying to get our yard fixed up and he grips to even move the sprinkler around. Grr and to have a night to myself, that would be amazing! Enjoy!
  • It's going to be a busy and slightly stressful day, but very special. LO is getting dedicated to our church and our families are coming to witness that. Afterwards everyone is coming over for a lunch to celebrate that and Mothers Day. I'm using my baby free day tomorrow to get Mother's Day gifts and to clean the entire house. Then I'm sure I'm orchestrate the whole thing and not get to relax much. I just really hope LO cooperates at church and doesn't cry on stage in front on everyone. Please wish me luck!
  • I really hope DH does something nice, he is not the greatest with gifts. I don't really like to plan my own "party", so I just told him that I would like *something*, and to please not buy me a Pandora bracelet, haha. I did request that he and Simon start a mothers day journal in lieu of a card each year (saw the idea on pinterest), so we'll see if he remembers. :/
  • DH got me a michael kors tote for mothers day and a sleeping coupon who could ask for more ?
    imageimageimage

• KFiori1KFiori1 member
    We don't do too much in terms of gifts. I said I just wanted a pedicure so I went on Monday and got one. Not sure he'll be getting me anything else which is totally fine. Sunday I think I will go to chuch sans kids(yay quiet!) and then pick up something for breakfast and bring it home. We are doing Panera lunch with mil and sil, and then we will go to my parents' later in the day for a bbq.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just asked to go to brunch at the diner I worked at to save money for our wedding, and a quiet day just the three of us. We've had so much going on that I really, really just want a day at the park as a family.

That said I know DH went out to get me something last night, despite me saying I didn't need anything...
  • Brunch on Sunday with my parents, brother, H, LO and one of my best friends who lost her mother last summer. And as far as gifts go, I just hope I can sleep later in the morning!
  • Amazon says I am getting earrings! They are her birthstone (citrine) with a diamond halo around her birthstone! So excited :) I hope we go to breakfast or something, but everywhere is going to be packed. I would be happy with a coffee and a bagel.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Marchmellow2Marchmellow2 member
    edited May 2014
    DH is going to see his daughters graduate so I won't see him on Sunday or till July some time :( . (He works far away) He's making up for it by giving me an opal/ruby necklace. Ruby is my birthstone and opal is DS's birthstone so I'm gonna love it I'm sure. Then he's paying for my trip to Colorado in June. Sometimes money makes up for his absence, which sucks, but I'll take it.

• bty19bty19 member
    Im getting to sleep all night long while DH sleeps in the spare bed next to LO's room.  I know it'll suck because he has to get bottles ready, where I just whip the breast out and she quietly drinks b ut......OH WELLS>

As for a gift?  No idea. DH isn't the greatest at gift giving...... usually flowers on those "important" dates. Lameish, but we have never given extravagant gifts... (I was floored when I got a diamond necklace to match my studs, as a "push present").  He MIGHT put a little bit of effort in since it my first mother's day but who knows.  I don't expect a gift. If he did extra housework for me, and we went for a walk as a family = thats perfect.  OH and also order Chinese :)

• DH will try to let me sleep in but I'm sure DS will start screaming my name and I'll get up anyway :)

Usually DH will cook us breakfast, do gifts (last year I got a spa GC and a great collage picture frame of all of us) and then hopefully head to the Cape for the day. IL's have a house and I would love to go walk on the beach with the kids and then maybe do a kid free lunch--lobster roll would be perfect :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"