Trying to Get Pregnant

D&C tomorrow (loss mentioned)

2»

Re: D&C tomorrow (loss mentioned)

• I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    You are probably already gone by now, but my D&C was about 2 weeks ago.  Physically it was pretty easy.  It was quick and I felt fine afterward.  I had some bleeding for about a week but minimal cramping.  I agree with bringing your own pads because the hospital ones are massive.  They gave me percocet but I only needed the Naprosyn.  Emotionally I have been very up and down, sometimes feeling OK and then just freaking out.  Hopefully you can take a few days to rest but for me it was more emotionally than physically.
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. I hope everything goes as well as it can today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry I cannot give any advice, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are going through this. You will definately be in thoughts and prayers, you and your DH take care of yourselves. (((HUGS)))
  • @Pintobean39‌ already asked for the drugs. If I'm going through this, I plan on making the most of it. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• KatzKiss said:

@Pintobean39‌ already asked for the drugs. If I'm going through this, I plan on making the most of it. ;)

Good. Just an FYI my last d&c I made the mistake before to take a Percocet and about 4 hrs later thinking it was out of my system had a mimosa. My husband found me lying on the floor in the bathroom, it was not pretty.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • I am so sorry for your loss :( ((hugs))

I had a D&E  which is pretty similar from what I understand.  I had a little discomfort and pain after the procedure, I was given vicoprofen (like Vicodin, but ibuprofen instead of acetaminophen) and I felt pretty good.  I had to take it easy, but I went to school the next day.  

Emotionally.  I took a little longer.  I was pretty upset for a couple weeks, each day getting easier.  I still have days I get sad, especially when I get sent baby things in the mail (I signed up for a bunch of stuff) and when my EDD passed it was a hard day, but overall, I have been okay.  

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, especially on your anniversary.  ((Big creepy internet hugs to you again))
    >:D<
    BFP#1 6/2013: MMC 8/2013 @ 6 wks, 3 d
    BFP#2 1/2014: CP 1/2014 @ 3 wks, 4 d
    BFP#3 4/2014: MC 4/2014 @ 4 wks, 1 d
    Break until Dec 2014
    Femara, aspirin and progesterone started 12/2015
    Still working on #2!

• I am sorry you are going through this, specially on your anniversary. I opted out of the D&C so no experience with that part but agree with PP, take the time to take care of yourself. I was surprised that I was still emotional weeks after. T&Ps for you and your DH today.

Married since 09/21/2008, TTC now!
      TTGP May Siggy Fave Meme                                

• So sorry for your loss! I had a D&C a few years back, the physical recovery was fine, some bleeding for a few days but of course as far as emotional recovery...well that little angel will always be in your thoughts. I wish you a speedy recovery! Thoughts and prayers go out to you today.
    Married 07/15/2006 DS # 1&2 born 07/06/2007 TTC# 3 since 10/2013
  • Sorry you're going through this :(  It has been like 5 years since mine.  I started naturally miscarrying beforehand, so I was actually in a lot less pain after the procedure than I had been before.  That being said, there was still pain for a few days.  You will probably be prescribed some vicodin/percocet.  I think I could have managed just fine with some tylenol but it was good to have.  Definitely bring heavy-duty pads, though I really didn't bleed much after mine.  I remember it being equivalent to a light to moderate period for less than a week after.  I think the physical aspect will be the easiest.

Emotionally, I'm not sure my experience will be of any help.  I was in an on-and-off relationship with an asshole I had no business being with.  I struggled for a couple weeks trying to decide whether or not to terminate.  I had just decided to go through with the pregnancy when I was told I was going to miscarry.  My ex told me he was happy that we had "dodged that bullet".  It was a really weird, difficult time for me.  I can't imagine how much harder it would have been if I had been TTC at the time.  

I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow.  Remember we're here for you if you need to talk/vent/whatever!

• barelybarely member
    KatzKiss said:
    Thanks for sharing all of your stories, advice and prayers. Things went pretty smoothly. I ended up bleeding quite a bit after so they gave me pitocin(sp?) and kept me a while longer. I know there will be ups and downs but I already feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can begin the healing process. Hugs to all of you!

Sorry I'm late chiming in on this, but I wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss. I bled a lot as well and I was also given pitocin. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    TTC since 5/13
    BFP 1/23 
    MMC 3/4
    D&C-3/12 
    Currently NTNP
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • KMW08KMW08 member
    edited May 2014
    Lurking from N'14

Just wanted to say that I hope you're doing as well to be expected today and that everything heals smoothly. (((Hugs)))

PP's have given you good advice. In my experiences I tried to take it easy for a couple of days. I was fairly medicated, so I slept quite a bit. With one of mine I hardly had any bleeding/spotting at all. My second d&c I had light bleeding for a few days that tapered to spotting and lasted for 2wks after the procedure. all I wanted was a warm bath--def check to see when you can take a bath if you think it would be soothing.

Also af showed up 42 & 49 days later after mine and my betas weren't tracked. I was a brave, maybe self-tortured soul, bought cheapie hpts and did weekly poas until I got a negative so I'd have a guesstimate of when af would show.

I know it's your anniversary, but try not to focus on the date too much. Last year I learned of our loss on our wedding anniversary. The day sucked huge hairy balls, but eventually I came to accept it. There are more happy memories to associate with today & although this LO is an angel, LO is loved, was made with love & is more proof of the solidarity of your marriage.

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) :-*

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• KMW08 said:
    Lurking from N'14 Just wanted to say that I hope you're doing as well to be expected today and that everything heals smoothly. (((Hugs))) PP's have given you good advice. In my experiences I tried to take it easy for a couple of days. I was fairly medicated, so I slept quite a bit. With one of mine I hardly had any bleeding/spotting at all. My second d&c I had light bleeding for a few days that tapered to spotting and lasted for 2wks after the procedure. all I wanted was a warm bath--def check to see when you can take a bath if you think it would be soothing. Also af showed up 42 & 49 days later after mine and my betas weren't tracked. I was a brave, maybe self-tortured soul, bought cheapie hpts and did weekly poas until I got a negative so I'd have a guesstimate of when af would show. I know it's your anniversary, but try not to focus on the date too much. Last year I learned of our loss on our wedding anniversary. The day sucked huge hairy balls, but eventually I came to accept it. There are more happy memories to associate with today & although this LO is an angel, LO is loved, was made with love & is more proof of the solidarity of your marriage. ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) :-*

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing you experience, advice and strength. This is beautiful. Hugs to you. When I'm ready, I will be visiting you guys often!
    Little O- 2/25/12

• chrain said:
    Thanks for sharing all of your stories, advice and prayers. Things went pretty smoothly. I ended up bleeding quite a bit after so they gave me pitocin(sp?) and kept me a while longer. I know there will be ups and downs but I already feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can begin the healing process. Hugs to all of you!
    Sending you so much love. I just got home from mine.

Sending my love to you! I hope everything went smoothly. There's a seat on the bench right next to me!
    Little O- 2/25/12

• renbeerenbee member
    Glad everything went smoothly. Take care of yourself, and give yourself plenty of time to recover. I'm hanging out on the bench too so I'm here if you need anything!

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • I'm so glad to hear everything went good for you. I'm here if you need anything! ((HUGS))
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• I'm glad everything went well! I hope things continue to go smoothly. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"