Food Allergy

How to reintroduce dairy?

I have been dairy and soy free for a while now. DD has reflux and the dr suggested I do this to see if it would help. While I definitely see a difference in her from when I started, there are so many factors that come into play that I can't say for certain that the milk and soy elimination is what she needed.

I'm guessing the only way I would know for certain is to re-introduce it into my diet and see if it causes any changes in her. How should I go about doing this? Should I reintroduce soy first and then do dairy if the soy goes well? When reintroducing dairy, should I start slowly and just eat something with dairy in the ingredients or should I just have a glass of milk? 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: How to reintroduce dairy?

• When I introduced dairy back I was told to try it baked in foods first, and if there was no reaction after a couple of days then to try cheese or yogurt second. If I saw a reaction from the cheese or yogurt, then I knew that I could have it baked in foods and DS would be fine. Good luck.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• LSU628LSU628 member
    Our allergist told us to start with a really small, like pinky nail sized piece of food where the dairy was baked in (we used Nilla wafers). Every day we made the piece a little bigger to where we were doubling it in size. From the baked dairy we went to yogurt ( supposed to be an easier to digest raw dairy form), then cheese, then finally milk.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • TeacherVickyTeacherVicky member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you @LSU628 and @Mr.&Mrs.Woodtick
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"