April 2013 Moms

Post-circ adhesion?

At Rhys's 12-month appointment, the doctor told us that he has an adhesion and gave us a referral for the Pediatric Urologist who completed his circumcision in the hospital. She told us that he will probably use a numbing cream and pull it back. Our appointment is today (at 3:00) and I'm kind of freaking out for my little man. My H had the same thing when he was a child, and he remembers the procedure as painful and traumatic. I think he had to have this done several times, once when he was a bit older.

Anyway... has anyone been through this? How bad is it going to be? I feel so bad for my poor little guy!
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Re: Post-circ adhesion?

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    We've not been told it is an official adhesion, but the skin on his shaft defintely sticks to the head of his penis a little bit, and causes a bit of redness.  The first time the doc pulled it back (during his 9 month appt), he cried, but since then I just make sure it is pulled back every time I change/ bath him. Hopefully that will take care of it.  I"m so sorry you have to have this done, but hopefully it won't be a big deal, and at this age he certainly won't remember it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • arschm02arschm02 member
    edited May 2014
    Aw, poor guy. Luckily they'll use a numbing cream! We had a little guy at work (1month older than Will) get his pulled back 2 times within two months. His mom said he didn't use any numbing cream and the little guy screamed but calmed down fairly quickly. At work we had to pull the skin back at every diaper change and apply Vaseline. You could tell it was very tender (bright red and he would squirm when we had to touch it or pull back the skin) however he never cried once while we had to do this.

This of course made me paranoid because, although I knew Will's wasn't bad, it was still there and I figured he'd get the same thing done at his appointment. So, during his bath a couple weeks ago (probably about 10 minutes in) I figured his skin was a lot softer at that point. I pulled it back myself pretty firmly. He looked at me like, "what the hell did you do that for?" But then continued playing and no tears. I looked after he got out of the bath and sure enough, no more adhesion. It was very red and tender but I applied coconut oil to it every night and now it looks normal! I'm grateful we didn't have to get it done in the doctors office where it could have been potentially quite a bit more painful.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @arschm02 !

We went to the appointment. They did use the numbing cream, and he didn't seem to feel a thing. It's pretty red and he was a little upset about it when we were putting Vaseline on this morning. I think from here on out we are going to put Vaseline on at every diaper change (before we were doing it once a day). However, because Rhys has a reallllly big fat pad, the urologist said the problem is likely to continue and there's no real point in trying to pull it back over and over again, so he will wait to do it again until R is older and the fat pad has shrunk.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Thanks @arschm02 !

We went to the appointment. They did use the numbing cream, and he didn't seem to feel a thing. It's pretty red and he was a little upset about it when we were putting Vaseline on this morning. I think from here on out we are going to put Vaseline on at every diaper change (before we were doing it once a day). However, because Rhys has a reallllly big fat pad, the urologist said the problem is likely to continue and there's no real point in trying to pull it back over and over again, so he will wait to do it again until R is older and the fat pad has shrunk.

glad to hear he didn't feel it!!!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • cece2682 said:
    C has a tiny part of skin that is adhered but my pedi said he would take care of it on his own. Umm does she mean in 16 years when he begins to masterbate?
    BAHA you're joking, right? I think she just means with time it will probably get better as his little weiner grows and his fat pad goes away.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • cece2682 said:
    C has a tiny part of skin that is adhered but my pedi said he would take care of it on his own. Umm does she mean in 16 years when he begins to masterbate?

I've thought this too! Only minus the masturbating part and more the erections part.
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    arschm02 said:
    cece2682 said:

I've thought this too! Only minus the masturbating part and more the erections part.
    And I'm pretty sure that will happen sooner than 16 years.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"