April 2013 Moms

Chicago ladies!!

Kate_CKate_C member
edited May 2014 in April 2013 Moms
I am working in planning a girls' weekend with some friends in Chicago. We want to stay someplace fancy in the city to treat ourselves. What hotels would you recommend? Any can't miss restaurants or activities?

ETA: @ChicagoBroad26‌ ? @skidderdo‌ ?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chicago ladies!!

• My dad sent me and my best friend for graduation and we stayed at the Park Hyatt. I absolutely LOVED it. Now I will say that i'm biased because I try to stay at a Hyatt hotel where ever I go and I did graduate 8 years ago so it could be dated. https://parkchicago.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• ^ it's on the Mag Mile too

• Loading the player...
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    tondraluv said:

My dad sent me and my best friend for graduation and we stayed at the Park Hyatt. I absolutely LOVED it. Now I will say that i'm biased because I try to stay at a Hyatt hotel where ever I go and I did graduate 8 years ago so it could be dated.

https://parkchicago.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Looks fancy! I think the Hyatt was one of the ones proposed.

• @kate_c They have the deep tubs with a separate shower and floor to ceiling windows! 

• I used to stay at the Palmer House Hilton when I went to CHI for work. Reasonably priced and a nice, swanky hotel.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Another vote for Hyatt (I guess it used to be Wyndham - at least that's what it was when I stayed).

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    I like the W on Lakeshore... Palmer House is nice too,but an older more historic vibe.  If you want cheap + awesome location, look into the Congress Plaza... and ask for a lakeview room.  I used to be in CHicago frequently for biz and pleasure. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Definitely stay on the Mag Mile or in the Loop. You can access the park, ridiculous shopping, the lakefront trail, Navy Pier, and plenty of public transit (train vs cabs). Eater Chicago website has never let us down in terms of finding new trendy places to eat. Holy crap does Chicago have an awesome food scene, anywhere you end up, you won't go wrong!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • I second (third?) the Palmer House. We've stayed there a few times and have always loved it. We're going to Chicago Memorial Day Weekend and staying at the Westin on the mag mile. It has come highly recommended to us so hopefully it lives up!

• Go up to the Hancock building for cocktails. Its one floor above the observation deck. Hotwire can usually get you a good deal on hotels. Hotels on the Mag Mile are nice.
    If you do this, leave A LOT of time to get up the elevator. Friends and I tried to do it, but the line of tourists to get up to sight see was over an hour long and there is no separate line for the people trying to get upstairs to drink!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• How much do you want to spend on a hotel? Off the top of my head, good, reasonably priced hotels are the Intercontinental (PRIME Mag Mile location), the Drake, The Sofitel. Swankier options would be The Ritz or Four Seasons (but I think the Ritz is nicer for the money). Restaurants: RPM Italitan is Giuliana and Bill Rancic's place and it is delicious. If you're adventurous meat eaters, try Girl and the Goat. Bandera on Michigan Avenue is also good. Cafe Spiaggia is good, Gino's East for pizza, the Omni on Michigan Avenue does a great brunch. I have a billion recommendations. And yes- the Hancock for drinks is awesome but you have to wait, especially on a weekend. Attractions- if you're adventurous you can go to the top of the Willis (Sears) tower and they have a glass bottomed deck you stand on. The architectural tour is good (on the river), you can rent Segways or bikes and bike the lakefront. Millennium Park is really cool, as is the Shedd, Lincoln Park Zoo (free) and Navy Pier (more touristy). If you narrow down your specs (price, type of food, etc) I'd be happy to give you more recommendations!

• I second (third?) the Palmer House. We've stayed there a few times and have always loved it. We're going to Chicago Memorial Day Weekend and staying at the Westin on the mag mile. It has come highly recommended to us so hopefully it lives up!

I've stayed there as well. I didn't love it....but hopefully you do.

And to piggy back off of @JSS1002‌ - you can never go wrong with a W hotel.

Also -@kate_c - if you are adventurous, Mercat is a delicious restaurant.....can't remember where it is but soooo good!

I'm so jealous. I love Chicago!!! Need to get back there!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Kate_CKate_C member
    Anyone have experience with the Omni? A local friend said that's where people stay when they visit her office. My only knowledge of it is that I'm pretty sure that was where Oprah's guests stayed. :)

@ChicagoBroad26‌ - we are splitting hotel three ways so that helps. Probably someplace under $400/night though. Gotta save some money for shopping. And drinking, although I'm sure I'll still be maxing out at two drinks a night. Cheap date here.

• Kate_C said:
    Anyone have experience with the Omni? A local friend said that's where people stay when they visit her office. My only knowledge of it is that I'm pretty sure that was where Oprah's guests stayed. :)@ChicagoBroad26‌ - we are splitting hotel three ways so that helps. Probably someplace under $400/night though. Gotta save some money for shopping. And drinking, although I'm sure I'll still be maxing out at two drinks a night. Cheap date here.
    I've been to the Omni several times for brunch (one of my recs) but I've never stayed there. I've heard it's nice, though! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"