May 2014 Moms

RocknRoll64 Birth story

Hey Guys!

So I've been absent for a while as I've been busy with my newborn!!  Amy Elaine was born on Friday, May 2 at 5:55pm 2 weeks early weighing in at 6lbs13oz!

My labour and delivery was awesome! Well I mean it hurt but it went better than I expected for sure.  My water broke at 5am on Friday morning and we headed to the hospital at about 9am when contractions got about 4mins apart and were quite painful.  The nurse checked me and I was 5-6cm dilated so we were staying.  When I hit 7cm I stopped progressing so my doctor gave me a bit of oxytocin and that really sped things up.  The hardest part was getting from 8-10cm as my contractions were extremely intense.  I got a bit of Phetenol (no idea how to spell that) and it sort of took the edge off but really didn't do that much.  I kept screaming for an epidural during a bad contraction so my doctor informed me that if I wanted an epidural I needed to get it right away as the anesthesiologist was on our floor and if I progressed anymore it would be too late.  I'm not sure why but I was between contractions and I said no I didn't need it.  Trust me I cursed that decision later haha.  Anyway i pushed for 2 hours and Amy was finally born at 5:55pm with no tearing! I've had a really easy recovery with little pain.  Still getting the hang of this breastfeeding thing.  She only feeds from one boob so I've just been pumping the other one.  She's gained 2oz since my milk came in though, and my H likes feeding her too so it's kinda the best of both worlds right now.   I just cannot explain how much I love her.  

TTC Since July 2012
BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                   BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
Amy Elaine Born May 2!

Re: RocknRoll64 Birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"