Parenting after 35
Options

GTKY II

The first one was so much fun to read I figured why not do a second?

Favorite kind of music?

Favorite food/drink?

Favorite time of year (season)?

Is your family complete or would you like to see another baby in your future?

If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot?

What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: GTKY II

• Options

Favorite kind of music? I am all over the place with music.  I have XM radio in my car so I really don't listen to Top 40 anymore.  I like the 80s channel, Lithium Channel (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains), Love Songs for when I feel sappy LOL.  It's all over the map.

Favorite food/drink? Mexican food and I love sangria and sparkling wine concoctions.

Favorite time of year (season)? After the winter we had I am definitely looking forward to summer. 

Is your family complete or would you like to see another baby in your future? I would love to have a 3rd.  Not sure if that is in the cards but only time will tell.  We aren't trying but aren't doing anything to prevent it either. 

If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot? Australia, New Zealand and Fiji

What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent? I have patience and life experience.  I got a lot of the crazy stuff out of my system so I am ready for this part of my life.  I don't feel like I am missing out on anything, I feel like I have been there and done that. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Favorite kind of music?  I listen to mainly Rock/Alternative (at least what used to be alternative).  My fav bands are Nine Inch Nails and Korn.  But I also listen to pop and I love 80's hair bands!

Favorite food/drink? Italian, which is sad because my husband hates pasta.  And wine...I miss wine.  Once this baby starts sleeping through the night, it's game on with wine again!

Favorite time of year (season)? Spring, after a long, cold winter, I love 70 degree weather, light breeze, sitting on the deck, with a glass of wine.  Oh wait, the baby again.

Is your family complete or would you like to see another baby in your future?  No more, although my husband doesn't agree with that.  He really wants a boy.  I keep waiting for the point where I forget how awful labor and delivery were...

If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot? Maldives...I love a beach and the ocean sounds.  I could sit in the sun all day.

What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent? I had all my fun before being a parent and don't feel like I missed anything.  Although I'm thinking having a baby earlier would have made me grow up.  I also have a lot more patience now and am truly enjoying every little bit of it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Favorite kind of music?  I like Rock (current and oldies) and Rap (old skool, the new stuff sucks).  Cannot stand country.  Another SiriusXM user.  Mine is usually on Octane (current rock), Hair Bands, or Backspin (old skool rap).

Favorite food/drink? Tough one.  Japanese food and beer 

Favorite time of year (season)? Summer.  I hate the cold.

Is your family complete or would you like to see another baby in your future? We are complete with 2 kids.  We said 2 kids no matter the sex combination (2 girls, 2 boys, 1 of each).  We have 2 boys.

If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot?  Safari in Kenya (Ngoronforo basin).

What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent? I don't feel like I am missing out on the younger bar hopping scene.  I have traveled, gotten more comfortable in my skin, and care less about what people think of me.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We love music in my house and pretty much listen to a little bit (or a lot) of everything. I listen to just as many bad songs for the fun factor as I do songs I actually consider good music.

Potatoes are the single best food ever created. You can't go wrong with a potato no matter what you do to it. Nuff said. And I really love my coffee in the morning. I only like foofy flavored coffee, can't stand it heavy and dark.

Fall is my favorite season and I'm so happy to be back someplace where I'll actually get to enjoy it!

Sometimes I think I'd like one more but I really don't know if I could go through all of this again. This pregnancy was so hard and the birth/postpartum as well. I think we are done with one.

I'd love to see Italy someday. I've already been to Norway, England and France.

For me the best part of being older is having confidence in what kind of parent I want to be.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    DTNZ4EverDTNZ4Ever member
    edited May 2014
    @Geeps2‌ thanks for starting a second one! I have been meaning to do another one but haven't had a chance.

Favorite kind of music? I've totally been into listening to the 90s channel on XM radio lately and have been loving it.

Favorite food/drink? Tapas and sangria so yummy. We are going out for tapas on Mother's Day can't wait.

Favorite time of year (season)? Fall I love sweaters, chilly weather, Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Is your family complete or would you like to see another baby in your future? I always said I'd be done at 2 but since DS2 was born I've felt like I want another. DH is done but I'm longing for that girl and don't feel like our family is complete.

If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot? I would love to do a Mediterranean cruise.

What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent? Having completed both undergrad and grad school as well as my supervised work to get my license prior to kids allowed me to be established in my career by the time I had kids.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    linzerdlinzerd member
    Favorite kind of music? Dave Matthews band is my absolutely fave, other than that I like all kinds Favorite food/drink? I love Italian food, I love martinis! Favorite time of year (season)? Spring-summer Is your family complete or would you like to see another baby in your future? Definitely have another If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot? Fiji, Australia What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent? I don't really think of myself as being an older parent. This is my first and I've always felt that I was born a few years before I should have been. Plus I've only been a parent for 7.5 wks, so....;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options

Favorite kind of music?  Everything but country and classical

Favorite food/drink?  Anything breakfast/Diet Coke

Favorite time of year (season)? Fall is the BEST!!!

Is your family complete or would you like to see another baby in your future?  We are complete!

If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot? Seychelles, Maldvies or any place that has those huts over the water....I dream of staying in ones of those.

What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent?  Getting my education completed, getting to a comfortable place in my career, getting comfortable financially, and being more confident in myself so I can enjoy the ride.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite kind of music?

- almost anything as long as its not extremely repetitive or head-bangy. I grew up on country (old country/western) and classic rock/pop), so there is actually very little of 'today's music' that I enjoy.

Favorite food/drink?

- food? Seafood, steak
    - drink? Wine, lime margarita, ice water with lemon

Favorite time of year (season)?

- summer, I'm a cold person, so I need the heat.

- it better be, or DH is in trouble.
    - while I would live to be pregnant and have another baby, I'm at a point in my career that I am sought after by various companies, and taking a year mat leave puts me behind, but taking less than a year doesn't sound appealing to me.

If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot?

- any place beautiful and warm. I'd love to go someplace that the entire family can go, enjoy, and learn. And it would have to be for at least a month with no rush and no worries.

What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent?
    - I'm much more calm now (less stressed) than I was when DD was little. I'm more settled. I'm more knowledgeable about 'life'.

• Options

Hi all, I intro'd a while back but haven't been around much since, quick recap: I'm 41, have 5 boys, 15, 13, 12, 11 and 6wk old! Live in metro Atlanta, GA

Favorite kind of music?Country

Favorite food/drink? Pizza and coffee!

Favorite time of year (season)? Fall/ otherwise known as football season

If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot? African Safari and or Tahiti

What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent: so new not sure yet, except the pure beauty of my dear little boy's face

• Options
    ughh, can't edit, missed one question:Is your family complete or would you like to see another baby in your future I would LOVE to have another one, not trying to prevent so...
  • Options
    Hi there! Old member of TTC > 35 getting back on the boards. I will post an intro in a moment.

Favorite kind of music? Anything really except most country and opera. Having a lot of retro playlists lately with The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, etc.

Favorite food / drink? Italian. Especially pizza. Not a big alcohol fan but will enjoy a few sips of a margarita every once in a while.

Favorite time of year? Spring! I don't like cold weather and love when you can shed the coats. Unfortunately, we only get a month of spring down here.

Is your family complete? I had a very difficult last trimester. I was put on bedrest at 23 weeks and admitted to the hospital for bedrest at 24 weeks. I was finally released at 33 weeks for three more weeks of bedrest at home. Kids were evicted via c section at 36 weeks. Healthy and happy with no NICU time. My drs have said that my issues would continue and start even earlier in subsequent pregnancies, so sadly, we are done. We have three frosties that we will be putting up for adoption which breaks my heart.

Dream vacation? I would love to stay at a gorgeous beach house to relax and hang out for a while. I can't wait until the kids can go to the beach.

Best part of being an older parent? More patience, better finances, more established career (more flexible schedule, etc.). After struggling with IF for years and my hospitalization, we are so grateful for them which increases our patience as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ZooCrewMomZooCrewMom member
    edited May 2014
    Favorite kind of music? - Old and current Alt rock, college rock (Alt nation and XMU) singer songwriters, some pop and bluegrass. 
    Favorite food/drink? - Anything with blue cheese and roasted meats / Pino Grigio, Prosecco and Riesling 
    Favorite time of year (season)? - Fall, I love all of the fun family stuff we get to do
    Is your family complete or would you like to see another baby in your future? - I would love to have 2 more children
    If money were no object where is your dream vacation spot? - Australia and New Zealand
    What do you think is the best part of being an "older" parent? - Everything! I love being able to just enjoy my children without worry of what I'm missing. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"