June 2014 Moms

*5/06 AW/SS/Random Thread*

Re: *5/06 AW/SS/Random Thread*

• Loading the player...
  • lest12lest12 member

@stephross88 - your son's face is pretty priceless in that picture.

image        image

• jshropjshrop member
    @MegK82‌ I freaking loved Roseanne. She was one of my absolute favorites :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• jshrop said:

this just happened. notice how I just took a picture of it instead of getting up and cleaning it. this will be DHs job because he left the Cheerios where DS could reach them. image

Pretty sure this is the moment my dogs are most looking forward to.
    The only thing my dog won't eat off the floor are Cheerios. She overloaded on them and now she just walks by them like "meh". Usually she's such a good vacuum cleaner too!

• lest12lest12 member

I am going to ask this question and it probably won't even matter, because DH and I will change our minds, but here it goes anyway!

When we first found out LO was a boy, I suggested (read: loved) the name Luca.  DH didn't like it.  He thought it sounded feminine, and he wanted something Scandinavian.  Fine, fair enough.

Except DH has a habit (and I don't even think he realizes he's doing it) of disagreeing with things that I say, kind of just for the sake of disagreeing with me, and then a few hours/days/weeks later, he'll come around and agree with me.  He just needs to get there on his own sometimes.  It's fun, trust me, it is.

So, 13 weeks later, DH has decided now that he really likes the name Luka.  Not Luca, but Luka.  I think the K makes more sense to him (I'm sure he's thinking of similar Finnish names/proper nouns, like Juuka or Tuukka) so that's fine.  I don't think this is actually a Finnish version of Luca though... Luka/Lukka is it's own version, just German or Greek or Slovakian?  I don't know.

SO my SS question is, is it weird with a K?  I don't want people to think it's a uneek spelling or anything.  Technically it isn't but people probably won't realize that.

I kind of liked Luca with a C myself but at this point, I'd settle for a K just so our son has a name.

Thoughts?

Am I overthinking?

Is this post annoying anyone other than me?

image        image

• I'm so sorry @KrystaJ‌ that really sucks :(

@lest12‌ I absolutely love Luca (can't use it though- DF is Lucas). I don't really like the Luka spelling. It seems made up to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lest12lest12 member
    elsa1688 said:
    I'm so sorry @KrystaJ‌ that really sucks :(@lest12‌ I absolutely love Luca (can't use it though- DF is Lucas). I don't really like the Luka spelling. It seems made up to me.

@elsa1688 - It seems made up to me too, but I think it's because I'm so used to the Italian spelling.

A friend of mine at work just told me that he knows a Luka who is German, though, so I don't know. 

image        image

• lest12lest12 member
    jshrop said:
    @lest12‌ I love Luka! I've seen it spelled that way many times before :) go with it!

@jshrop that makes me feel better!  Thank you!

image        image

• @MommyP710‌ that is SO AMAZING!!
  • jshropjshrop member
    @MommyP710‌ yeah yeah yeah!!! That's amazing news!

• lest12lest12 member
    @mommyp710 - that's awesome!

image        image

• jshropjshrop member
    @mullenem‌ that was the first Luka I thought of too! So hot :)

• @MommyP710‌ WOOHOOO! If I could I would share a piece of my apple pie in celebration!
  • @mommyp710 woohoo!!!

@lest12 I like Luca and Luka! I've known Luka's too though so it doesn't look strange to me at all. That is totally a guilty pleasure name for me. Hubby would never go for it (because he's a butt!) but I love it. Aww and I just realized.... Lest and Luka! That's cute. Cue hormones!

• @lest12 - I actually kind of like Luka better than Luca anyways.  I'm in and no your post didn't annoy me.  I'm up for any kind of posts these days.  Where are all the drivebys?

@MommyP710 - I am beyond excited for you!  A little jealous that you might get to take him home and I'm still carrying my LO in my belly.  However, I'm not jealous of the hell you have gone through the last few weeks.  I'll keep my fingers crossed you can take that handsome man home this week!  :)

June 2014 - June Siggy Challenge - Favorite Hottie
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
  • lest12lest12 member

@mrsdbc - That would annoy me.  If someone tells me they're mailing me something, especially a gift of sorts, then I will keeping my eye out for it, waiting for it to arrive so I can let them know and give a proper thank you, whatever.

It would be annoying to keep on the lookout for something that was never coming.

And if it was someone who annoyed me anyway, well then, forget it.  I'd be extra annoyed.

image        image

• @MommyP710 that is so awesome!!  congrats!!

@lest12 i like both versions of luka/luca.  it is a win-win scenario!

i work outside for most of my day which means i have to use A LOT of public bathrooms.  i am pretty proud that i can still squat while i pee since i am a bit phobic of sitting.  that is my AW of the day!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lest12lest12 member
    KrystaJ said:
    @lest12 - I like Luka just fine and don't think it's too yooneek, but I wouldn't settle on a name (or a spelling for that matter). I'd be inclined to say that it's better to have the babe unnamed for a day (or a few).

Edited to correct tag because I am too tired to do much right at the moment.

@krystaj - As much as it bugs me, I don't think we're going to have a name nailed down anyway.

I hope your day goes by quickly and you can get home and sleep soon!

image        image

• @lest12 I love Luka with the k, Super cute I would go for it :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MommyP710‌ - that's really exciting!
  • vv826vv826 member
    edited May 2014
    @MommyP710‌ that's so exciting!!! Prayers for you!

@lest12 thumbs up for Luka! By the way my hubby is the same way I have to let him think it's his idea!

Edited I posted before finishing
  • jshropjshrop member
    @lest12‌ if you love it, start using it. My hubs wanted Charlie's given name to be Charlene, I didn't love it. I preferred Charlotte (he did not). I just kept using it and he eventually conceded! I love Luka but I'm sure whatever you all decide will be perfect :)

• @jshrop can I borrow your dogs? it's only a 4 hour drive :P

@lest12‌ he completely ignored that he did it and acted like nothing happened. also thumbs up for Luka! DS is Luke so I love all the variations :)

@MommyP710‌ this is me right now... so excited for you!
  • lest12lest12 member
    jshrop said:
    @lest12‌ if you love it, start using it. My hubs wanted Charlie's given name to be Charlene, I didn't love it. I preferred Charlotte (he did not). I just kept using it and he eventually conceded! I love Luka but I'm sure whatever you all decide will be perfect :)

@jshrop - that's funny you said that, because DH has been using Luka more and more.  It kind of threw me off at first but maybe that's what we both need to do.

image        image

• emilyh107 said:

This is how I feel here lately...

Word

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"