May 2014 Moms

Any teachers out there?

I'm 37 weeks 4 days and just miserable. Everything my first graders do bugs me. I go between feeling nausea, out if breath and exhausted . Was planningn on working through 40 weeks but idk

Re: Any teachers out there?

• jcf2133jcf2133 member
    Yesterday was my last day teaching middle school (I'm 39w3d). I had considered seeing if they'd let me do half days since I feel good, aside from fatigue, but ended up just calling it. I'm taking sick time now until kiddo is born, so I'm hoping I don't go late. I wanted to just pick a day and give the kids some closure. We had a little party, and I don't regret choosing my endpoint because I think it was the healthiest thing for all involved.
  • I'm 36w4d and I'm hoping that 5/21 will be my last day. My c-section is scheduled for 5/26, and my sister gets married the day before on 5/25. I'm hoping that I can last that long and take the minimum amount of my sick days possible!
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • MK1013 said:
    I was done before Easter break as I hit 37 weeks after that. At first I was bummed, bored, and a little sad, but now I'm grateful. I just had to get used to doing nothing!
    I'm right there with you! I went and visited them yesterday and it was bittersweet to having them excited to see me, but the relief of relaxing.
  • I know how you feel! I was in that same boat last week and decided Friday was my last day. I just thought with the pain and being impatient that it would be best for them to have a sub a week early. I'm glad I made that choice because I actually sleep a little better now not worrying about how I'll make it through the day.

• I teach middle school sped ELA/SS and worked until right at 40 weeks. I hit 40 weeks yesterday, and I worked through last Friday. So glad to be done more from a mental standpoint than a physical, though the last week or so I was in more pain.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I was teaching until last week at 37 weeks, 5 days. I am glad I went out early because I was having blood pressure problems. Don't overdo it!
  • I teach special ed self contained and last Friday was my last day. I was too uncomfortable and irritable to my students and my house. Something had to give. Was best thing I've done the last two days have been nice. Now baby day just awaits.

• Teaching tomorrow and I have my c section scheduled for Thursday....but I'd rather be at home.
  • I'm 38 weeks Thursday and my last day will be 39 weeks, 1 day. I called in today because my Braxton hicks kept me up all night. I'm starting to think I won't make it through my last day. My students are great and I hate not finishing the year with them but I'm just so tired!!
  • I was planning on working until my due date but I stopped at exactly 37 weeks. I was having so many contractions it was difficult to work. Don't overdo it. This has been my first week of leave and I feel so much better now that I am resting and taking care of myself.
  • PattyTCPattyTC member
    I had to leave my Firsties at Spring Break. (37weeks) it was just too exhausting, everything was swelling and my patience were shot. I really think it was the best for them and me. DH says this baby is my number one job and needs to be my only worry. I'm a little anxious as little one still hadn't made her appearance but Ive been able to get things accomplished and my mood and attitude have drastically improved. I also think it's what was fair for them. They didn't deserve a super cranky teacher. They deserve someone that's going to be full of energy and patience.
  • I was originally planning for this to be my last week, but went out 2 weeks ago due to stress and anxiety. At first I didn't know what to do with myself, and I missed the kids. But now I'm getting a ton of things done. Plus, the ability to relax, take afternoon naps, run errands, etc. by myself before baby has been really nice. I especially liked that I was first in line this morning at the Macy's Lancome counter for free gift. It's really the little things. 
  • TkhixenTkhixen member
    I was going to work up till this Friday, but my back wanted differently! I teach 2nd grade, and I just didn't feel like it was fair to any of us for me to keep working. I was miserable! So, I stopped last Thursday at 38w2d....it's nice to have some down time this week, knowing that I'll probably have this baby next week if not before. I'm 39 weeks today!
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• I was planning to work until delivery, but exhaustion got the best of me, and I have a sub eager to start, so yesterday at my doctor's appointment I asked for a note to take me out of work. My last day will be Friday at 38 weeks, 2 days.
    BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Last Friday was my last day, just before 37 weeks. Good thing, because I've really taken a downhill turn since then. I would've taken sick days these last two days for sure. I say, if you're able to take the time, DO it! It's so nice to have some alone time before baby comes.... unless you have a one year old like me haha

BabyFetus Ticker
  • TnpeachTnpeach member
    Friday was my last day (40 weeks). If I could have, I would gave started leave sooner. My kids irritated me, I irritated them. We needed the separation. If you can leave a little early, do it!
  • I bowed out gracefully from K-3 music at 36w1d. My back was killing me, and I had the sick time that I could use before (but not after, so it didn't change my leave time) I'm not a hero! I got out while I could. I feel SO much better, more relaxed and less frazzled/exhausted/frustrated.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Friday is my last day-I teach Kindergarten. I will be 38w 6d and I was done last week!!! My patience has been gone for months and since last week I've been pooped by the middle of the day and not just the end. Today I noticed how HUGE my feet and ankles are... I'm glad I'm finishing out the week for closure and to finish testing but I think I timed it perfectly since I had this day picked out months ago. 3 days left - I can do it!!!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I teach fourth grade special Ed inclusion and am working until 5/16- due 5/18. Idk what I was thinking bc I'm exhausted and have little patience. I also have a 2 year old and feel bad when I have no patience with him. I would go out this Friday but next week is state testing so I'm trying to get through that. Good luck. You are not alone!
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I teach 7th grade math and and currently still working at 37 weeks, 2 days. I'm fairly miserable, constant tightness, feet swelling, hip pain, out of breath, only got 3 hours of sporadic sleep last night. I am planning on staying until labor- more because I didn't think about there being a different option- that's just what everyone in my district does. More than being uncomfortable, for me it's a matter of having had everything done for the rest of the year since the end of march. Literally, everything- plans, copies, packing up room (moving classrooms). It's just a waiting game and I'm kind of bored.

I think I would be more bored though at home doing nothing all day because I have everything done there too.
  • I'm a high school teacher, currently a substitute. I'm still taking calls until next Friday, which will put me at 38w2d. It's getting harder every day to show up and do things the way I'd prefer to. I'm constantly tired, my back has started hurting a lot more in the last couple of weeks, and I have to pee constantly. Still have plenty to do at home so I would love to be off already but for now, just trying to make the most of the days I don't get called in.
  • britabbritab member
    I'm getting exhausted but have SO much work to do before the end. My last day is scheduled for 39w1d. We have testing, a big event with an open house and a track field day in the next week. I also just got hired at a part-time teaching job 2 minutes from where I live for next year, so I have to pack up all my stuff. I need to do grades too but the program isn't ready yet.

Ah, ah, ah!

• I teach K.  Next Friday is supposed to be my last day.  I'll be 39 weeks 2 days.  I'd love to leave before that, but won't unless I go into labor early.  I'm so exhausted and just mentally ready to be done.  That being said, there is still SO much I need to get done and ready for my sub.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mrse123Mrse123 member
    I teach special education resource K-2 and I went out last Friday at 38 w. My RCS is this Friday so I am spending the week with my 3yo doing all of her favorite activities.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • keeummkeeumm member
    I teach middle school Spanish. I had originally planned on teaching until baby came, even if that meant having my water break in the classroom, just so I could use all of my FMLA after baby came rather than before. My due date is May 27th, and DH and I have decided that our last day will be Friday, May 23rd (he is also a teacher). His parents will be visiting from Florida and his son is graduating on May 27th, so we would be taking off that day anyway. I am definitely taking it easy at school, and tend to sit A LOT while teaching. 
  • hsalhsal member
    I teach high school English. My last day was a half day on Monday (I had 3 hours of comp time to use) and had a c yesterday am at 39+3.
  • nmariecnmariec member
    I teach 5th and 6th grade special education. I'm so exhausted! My district requires me to work until the day I deliver. So anxious wondering when my last day will be and hoping I won't go into labor at work. Due May 31.
  • @nmariec How can your district require you to work? My school tried to tell me that and it's complete BS. If your dr. signs the paperwork you can be done on the date signed.
  • Teaching tomorrow and I have my c section scheduled for Thursday....but I'd rather be at home.
    This is me exactly. Today was my last day, and I have my repeat c-section scheduled for early tomorrow afternoon! It was a race yesterday and today to get all of my assessments done in time, but I did it!! I am excited to be done, and ready to meet this little lady :)
  • JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    I can't imagine still being wth my first graders still. I was on bed rest at 30 weeks and haven't been back since. Just delivered last week at 37 weeks.

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Last wednesday was my last day! I teach kindergarten and was beyond ready to be done- I just was done physically and mentally for a while so I'm just relieved to be home relaxing instead of stressed and cranky/tired at work! I don't think I could last much longer than when I left!
  • @nmariec I don't understand how your district can make you work....if you've got the time or a medical reason you should be able to take off. I told my district my original date was going to be until I deliever but I realized that it wasn't going to happen....they have been very understanding. 

• I just stopped working this week because of high blood pressure. Last week was extremely hard for me to work and I went to the dr Monday and ended up in the hospital to be monitored for preeclampsia. My pressure came down but was still high yesterday when I went back to the doctor. Now I'm on bed rest and monitoring my BP twice a day. No more work! I'm 38 weeks today and very thankful to be out. I teach 1st grade inclusion so I can relate to how hard it is. Don't push yourself if you're not feeling well. I wanted to work up until labor but my body had other plans for me.
  • I teach preschool and the plan is for me to work until my due date. I am just so ready to be done though. I'm hoping this little girl comes a little early so that I can avoid the field trip to the zoo that is scheduled two days before my due date. 
  • nmariecnmariec member
    My district requires you to work until your due date unless you have a medical necessity effecting the health of your baby. My doctor won't write a note unless the health of the baby is in jeopardy. Also just found out that maternity leave doesn't start until the baby arrives so I may only get a week or so of maternity leave. I will lose my maternity leave since it leads into the summer. The time I can take will all be without pay.
  • TnpeachTnpeach member
    @nmariec‌ that sounds shady. I'm sorry!
  • britabbritab member
    nmariec said:
    My district requires you to work until your due date unless you have a medical necessity effecting the health of your baby. My doctor won't write a note unless the health of the baby is in jeopardy. Also just found out that maternity leave doesn't start until the baby arrives so I may only get a week or so of maternity leave. I will lose my maternity leave since it leads into the summer. The time I can take will all be without pay.
    I will get 2 weeks paid this school year and if I want more time with the baby in the fall, I also can't even take my own sick days. It would just be unpaid time. I'm tired of people telling me about my perfect timing. No, it's not, if you want any paid time off with the baby. I don't really care about what's best for the school.....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"