April 2013 Moms
Options

Question about shots

I know a while back there was a discussion about the number and combination of shots given at the 1year appointment. Well I am taking E to his appt in the morning, and was hoping you ladies could remind me what that discussion was about. Is there a certain vaccine I should be watchful for? Wasn't there a vaccine that could cause seizures? Help!

Re: Question about shots

• Options
    It was the MMRV combo shot, some pedis give it together and some separate the Varicella shot. One of my friends had her son's 12 months shots and he got the combo shot and had a bad seizure that landed him in the hospital. My pedi separates the shots so it eased my anxiety.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options

It was the MMRV combo shot, some pedis give it together and some separate the Varicella shot. One of my friends had her son's 12 months shots and he got the combo shot and had a bad seizure that landed him in the hospital. My pedi separates the shots so it eased my anxiety.

This. The combination MMR with Varicella has a higher risk of seizures associated with it. I think even the CDC posted something about it. Our pedi gave them as two separate shots, we had no issues
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JSS1002JSS1002 member
    WE got 'em all together, no issues.He's never had any issues with any of his shots.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    It is the combo shot MMRV that @Skidderdo, @MsAmeera25 and @melandjames14 said. 

The MMR and Varicella at the same time, but two different shots I thought was different than having the MMRV single shot?

We had both the MMR in one leg, Varicella in the other leg and he didn't even have a slight fever.. I was kinda worried because he had a runny nose before we took him in and I thought he was getting sick. All that worrying and staying up overnight for nothing. =) 

• Options
    farmerpinkyfarmerpinky member
    edited May 2014
    Our doc only offers mmr and v as separate shots. I was very concerned going in. She said based on the research and results they didn't feel comfortable offering mmr-v. Phee had mmr, v and prevnar all at the same time (3sticks). She was fine all day but had low grade fever the next.

Having the mmr done is such a relief.
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Options
    We had 2 shots, our does does MMR at 15 months.  I told her if any cases of measles come within 200 miles of us before then, I would be on her doorstep.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    AisakAisak member
    We got 3 shots at the same time. MMR, Varicella and pneumococcal. They did them in the arms this time. E had never had much of a reaction to shots before but this round she woke up with a fever of 102 and was throwing up. She was fine by morning, but it was awful to see her sick.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"