September 2013 Moms
Options

Dear MIL,

Dear MIL,

My child does not have a rash because you have "delicate" skin and you passed it on to him. Please stop legitimately apologizing for "giving it to him". 
8-|

kthanksbye.

(Feel free to chime in with your own open letter)

Re: Dear MIL,

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dear MIL,

I'm glad you deemed your (only) granddaughter well-behaved enough to have the "honor" of sitting in the ceremony of her aunt's wedding and that you didn't make her skip it to avoid "ruining" your perfect production. And it was great to see you then bragging to all your friends about how good of a baby she is after telling me that you didn't think she should be part of the wedding because it's "the bride's day and we don't want attention to be taken away from her." That was real nice grandma - and no we're not calling you grammy. 

love, 
    your only daughter-in-law
  • Options

Dear MIL,

Thank you for being a dramatic B and forcing my H to choose between his parents and me. I am so glad you pushed him to put his family first. Now we don't have to see you or talk to you or deal with your crap.

Hugs and kisses

Happybride (and happy momma)

@happybride 276‌ I know I shouldn't say this, but I'm jealous of you.

And @AlejandraN2‌ my MIL goes by Nonna...I may or may not purposely call her nanny ;)

Edit: writing on the phone is hard
    Don't be jealous anymore. I have a new letter and it goes like this:

Dear MIL:

You must have known that I was happy not dealing with you and you just had to ruin it. Eff you for trying to meet with us and talk. We both know where this is going. You are going to be dramatic and expect H and I to bend to you. Then you are just going to go right back to your crazy ways. Thanks for ruining my great day you douche face.

Sincerely

Not so happybride anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    Dear MIL,

Stop being so dramatic!  You're drama about everything is driving the whole family nuts.  The world doesn't revolve around you...we are our own little family now.  And no we will not have our daughter call you mom mom.....I'm the mom and I'll have the title of mom.  You can be anything else but mom mom.  Your tears don't matter, I don't care.  If you want to sulk and say I guess I'll just be grandmom go ahead....I DON'T CARE!  You can literally be anything else you want so if you're going to spite yourself on this then so be it.
  • Options
    Dear MIL,

Stop being so dramatic!  You're drama about everything is driving the whole family nuts.  The world doesn't revolve around you...we are our own little family now.  And no we will not have our daughter call you mom mom.....I'm the mom and I'll have the title of mom.  You can be anything else but mom mom.  Your tears don't matter, I don't care.  If you want to sulk and say I guess I'll just be grandmom go ahead....I DON'T CARE!  You can literally be anything else you want so if you're going to spite yourself on this then so be it.
    WTH? Of course you are "grandmom" lady. What is "mom mom"?

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    redfallon said:

Dear MIL,

WTH? Of course you are "grandmom" lady. What is "mom mom"?

Not defending MIL, but some people call their grandmother mom mom. My ex's grandma was mom mom. I have no clue why though.

• Options
    @lindseyb624‌ even grandmom would be a no for me. Lol how obnoxious!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @lindseyb624‌ mom mom is what my MIL wanted her name to be. I put a kabash on that when i was pregnant. It sounds too close to maaamma which is how Cypriot babies call mom or mommy. She didn't like it then but tough. She also wanted my FIL to be pop pop - that didn't happen either (although that didn't bother me AS much).
  • Options
    These are my favorites. Let's me know I'm not alone w/dealing with MIL issues ..... We r currently staying with our inlaws to save for our place. When u live with them it changes everything. Let's just say getting our own place can't come soon enough!!
  • Options
    Oh yay, I haven't posted in a while and this thread is just what I needed...
    Dear MIL,
    *Please shut up about how you think I shouldn't feed DD store bought baby food because I "don't know how long it's been on the shelf."
    *Stop inviting people over to our house to visit my child.  If I want people to come visit, I will invite them myself. 
    *When you are babysitting DD and I text and ask you a question about how she's doing, it would be nice if you didn't take 30 minutes to respond.  Also, PAY ATTENTION to the schedule I leave for you.  The feeding was supposed to be at 2:00, not 3:00!  
    *Why do you have to take eleventy million pictures every time you are around DD?  It takes away from the moment when you are constantly trying to get her to pose for pictures! 

Ok, I feel better now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Toby, my furry baby
  • Options
    @Legitsince86‌ haha mine are like that. They wanted to be called by their first names because they're too young. Ummm you're both in your 60s which is perfectly acceptable grandparent age in my book. [-( no my child will not be calling you by your first names, sorry.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    So far we havent had issues with grandparent names but I wanted to share some cute ones. In my language grandma and grandpa are both Jjajja. My nephew argued with my mom about who is the baby. He was 2 at the time. She won the argument so she is Jjajja Baby. And my Dad is Jjajja Husband because he's her husband. So all the grandkids picked up on the names and now we all call them that.

PS- Geepers is kinda bizarre
  • Options
    Wow.

1. What the heck is Geepers?? Like, G as in Gary, or Jeepers? Either way it's weird.

2. @jpryber0528, my parents are in their mid-forties and they don't want to be called by their first names. You don't call grandparents by their name! What!

3. My MIL has asked me multiple times what I want C to call them. I've been telling her for ages I don't care, literally my only request is that her husband isn't Papa because that's my special name for my dad. As soon as he's born, what does she call them? Grandma (perfectly fine) and Papa Firstname. Why did you ask if you were going to ignore me? I purposely call him Grandpa Firstname all the time and I'm going to teach C to do the same.
  • Options
    Emily has:

Granny and Grandpa Dave (MIL & SFIL)
    Great-Granny (DH's Granny)
    Grandpa (my dad)
    Mima or MeeMaw and ?? (my mom and stepdad - ?? because we haven't thought of what to call him yet. Maybe Papa Johnny?)
    Neenaw and Granddaddy (stepdad's parents)

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Dear MIL,
    I am so relieved that the nodules in your lungs haven't grown and you are cancer free for now. Please stop smoking so you don't put yourself in greater risk of developing lung cancer. I don't know what we would do if we lost you..
    Xox
  • Options
    @ashley2626 Yea I don't get the clothes thing! My in laws are always buying LO clothes in 3 or 4 year old size.  I mean I know he's tall but WTF? 
  • Options
    Dear MIL, It is possible that LO got his brown curly hair and grey eyes from me, his mother, and not your brother, cousin twice removed or whomever else. He looks like his DH something has to come from me.
  • Options
    I love this thread. I don't feel so alone. And I have heard people call their grandparents mom mom but you had 4 boys of your own who all call you mom. You had your turn and now it's mine! And she's not that young but she acts like she is and I think that's why she didn't want grand anything. Oh well.
  • Options
    @Tshae2432  I totally feel for you! We lived with my husbands parents for over a year. It was not the most fun I have ever had but it was totally worth it in the end! Hang in there!!
    imagephoto b8nyaejpg.gifImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LOL, these threads always make me laugh. 

Dear MIL,
    I'm in a good place with you right now, but that's because we're moving away and you can't pop on over to stay at our house ALL weekend every other weekend. I know you're mad we're moving close to my parents because it's not "convenient" for you, but we're not here to make your life convenient. Sorry I'm not sorry. 

Me 

imageimage

• Options
    Dear MIL,

Thank you for driving 6 hrs each way to help DH watch the kids when I go out of town. I really do appreciate the help.

Next time please don't pull out every pair of pj's and tell me you cleaned out the too small pairs. Just because they are fitted doesn't mean she can't breathe. And just because your pedi 30+ years ago said tight clothes were bad she will not be pigeon toed.

Thanks,

• Options
    Loppy19 said:

Dear MIL,

I like you for the most part. However, DS is not a clone of DH. He takes after me. He looks a lot like I did as a baby. DD is DH's mini-me. Isn't that enough?

Also, I know you probably would have picked someone else for DH to marry, but I don't need a "subtle" hint to that every time I think our relationship is improving.

Me

FWIW I don't think DS looks like your H at all. I agree your DD looks like him and DS looks just like you.

And they are both adorable.
  • Options
    Salemkitty13Salemkitty13 member
    edited May 2014
    Dear MIL, 
    DS breaks out in a heat rash when it's 65* outside. Please stop screaming at me to put socks on him. I heard you the first time. Thanks 
    ETA clarify. This is inside the house
  • Options
    atcwag said:

Can't believe I'm writing this, but today put me over the edge -

Dear MIL -
    Thank you for watching DS today (even though you were really my last choice and if DH hadn't pushed for it, we would have just taken DS along) so that DH and I could run some errands. You seemed so "with it" when we told you some logistics like, breast milk bottles in the fridge.
    After you left, I was surprised to find all the bottles still in the fridge. This may explain why DS attacked my nipples like a rabid wolverine as soon as we walked in the door.
    Let it be known, you will not be watching DS again for a VERY long time. Telling DH that you aren't "comfortable" handling breast milk bottles and that you bought some Similac instead is not an acceptable answer. Thank God you are oblivious to DS's hunger cues and didn't give him any. Maybe you have forgotten the 17 days we spent at Children's Hospital when DS was 9 weeks old for a digestive issue and that DS and I have been dairy/soy free since January. Also, when DH tried to explain this to you, getting defensive and telling him that I should just "quit doing that" (breastfeeding) and give him formula was REALLY the wrong answer. Not only would I never quit because YOU want me to, but when you want to fork over the $ for specialized formula, pigs may fly. I have used a nursing cover around you and your husband up until now. Let it be known that from here on out, these yabbos are gonna be out for all to see and if you tell me to put a cover on, I'll be throwing a sheet over your head during dinner.

Sincerely,
    Your favorite DIL
    (Because your other son is a loser with 2 baby mamas who are smart and want nothing to do with you)

I can't stop reading this. I would be LIVID. Your poor baby boy!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    atcwag said:

Dear MIL -
    Thank you for watching DS today (even though you were really my last choice and if DH hadn't pushed for it, we would have just taken DS along) so that DH and I could run some errands. You seemed so "with it" when we told you some logistics like, breast milk bottles in the fridge.
    After you left, I was surprised to find all the bottles still in the fridge. This may explain why DS attacked my nipples like a rabid wolverine as soon as we walked in the door.
    Let it be known, you will not be watching DS again for a VERY long time. Telling DH that you aren't "comfortable" handling breast milk bottles and that you bought some Similac instead is not an acceptable answer. Thank God you are oblivious to DS's hunger cues and didn't give him any. Maybe you have forgotten the 17 days we spent at Children's Hospital when DS was 9 weeks old for a digestive issue and that DS and I have been dairy/soy free since January. Also, when DH tried to explain this to you, getting defensive and telling him that I should just "quit doing that" (breastfeeding) and give him formula was REALLY the wrong answer. Not only would I never quit because YOU want me to, but when you want to fork over the $ for specialized formula, pigs may fly. I have used a nursing cover around you and your husband up until now. Let it be known that from here on out, these yabbos are gonna be out for all to see and if you tell me to put a cover on, I'll be throwing a sheet over your head during dinner.

Sincerely,
    Your favorite DIL
    (Because your other son is a loser with 2 baby mamas who are smart and want nothing to do with you)

It makes me so pissed when people say moms should stop breastfeeding and give formula or that formula is better blah blah. I just want to hit them. Hard.

ETA: it's up to Mama. If Mama doesn't want to switch just shut up!!!
  • Options
    @atcwag whoa. I think that wins. She sounds awful, and frankly, dangerous to leave your kid with.

BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    @atcwag that's absolutely ridiculous!  I would flip out if my MIL tried that.  She always comments about breastfeeding and how she didn't and how it's weird and blah blah but she would NEVER give my child formula without consulting me.  She's crazy but not that crazy.
  • Options
    @atcwag‌ I would have lost my marbles! That is horrific.
  • Options
    atcwagatcwag member
    jenny5o5 said:

atcwag said:

Dear MIL -

Sincerely,
    Your favorite DIL

Am I reading this right-- She nodded along when listening about the breastmilk in the fridge/feeding instructions BUT she had a stash of Similac hidden until you left? Are you kidding me?!?

Yep. She's straight up nuts. I mean, I was completely aware of my dislike for her. She's narcissistic and attention-grabbing, but I didn't think she would do something like this. Thank God he didn't have any formula. I'm not against formula, just against it for my LO at this point. She honestly can't understand why this is a big deal and why he "can't just have formula". A. I chose to BF. B. He and I are dairy/soy free, not by choice!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dear MIL, I wish you wouldn't give your granddaughter plastic toys to chew on.  You know it's one of my biggest pet peeves, yet you do it anyway. But I will keep quiet on this point because it's obvious you love her very much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"