C-sections

physical activity = incision pain?

I'm 8 weeks PP and have gotten the ok to return to normal activities by my Dr 2 weeks ago.  I started running right away (extremely short distances at a VERY SLOW pace) and my incision spot started to hurt.  It would hurt off and on during and after my run, lasting for about a day or so.  I've only run about 3 times since the ok and each time, the same thing.  Yesterday, I decided to put off running and just use the elliptical, but the same pain returned.

The pain isn't so bad where I thought  would need to call the dr but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else....  Is this pain just something I have to put up with having had a c/s or is it a sign that I need to take things slower?  

Re: physical activity = incision pain?

• I have the same thing - I am only 6 weeks post c section and just got the ok to start this past weekend although I had started using the elliptical the week before that so I could see what pain I had and ask my doctor. She said it was to be expected and just listen to your body. My pain is worse on the left where they started my incision. I plan to exercise more this week and if the pain gets any worse I will call and ask for a peace of mind.
  • I'm 13 weeks pp and my incision does the same thing. It's not as bad as it was at 8 weeks and doesn't happen all the time, but it happens. My pain is also worse on the left because that's where they tied my stitches up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"