Baby Names

Sweet & Quirky Girl Names

Hello, I am looking for sweet but slightly quirky girl names to add to our list.  What's your favorite quirky girl name? For inspiration think of a little girl w/ two older brothers, Land of Nod catalog,  Loves Birds, Loves Outdoors, Little Miss Sunshine movie, Hello Kitty, pom pom flowers etc!  Current faves in alphabetical order: 

Emma
Elizabeth (NN Birdie or Betty)
Kate (NN Katie, Kat or Kit)
Lucy
Olive
Phoebe
Violet
Wren

And go! 

Re: Sweet & Quirky Girl Names

• 1A1A member
    Poppy, Piper
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Some I consider slightly quirky are

Sloane

Zarah

Gemma

Quinn

Willa

Maia

Heidi

Orla

Pia

Maren

Greer

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Joy2611 said:
    Why does Kate need a nickname??
    Because she wants it to be quirky?

I love Alice as a simple and quirky name.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Jags8Jags8 member
    Penelope
    Daphne
    Fiona
  • Joy2611 said:
    Why does Kate need a nickname??
    Because she wants it to be quirky?

I love Alice as a simple and quirky name.
    Alice has been on and off our list in the past!<3

• DaisyZHDaisyZH member
    I love Olive!

Suggestions: June, Azalia, Magnolia, Harriett, Ruby, Ruth, Tessa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I don't see your names as quirky at all. They are all nice, albeit popular.

Other suggestions:

Rebecca nn Becky (Rebecca is tame, but Becky has a spunkier feel IMO)
    Kelsey
    Ruth
    Tessa
    Mila
    Penelope nn Penny
    Rachel nn Ray

Good luck!
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • FakeFinnFakeFinn member
    edited May 2014
    Olive, Wren, Lucy and Elizabeth (I actually love both nns) are my favourites. Suggestions: Hermione, Amaryllis, Hazel, Pearl and Juno (which I totally nicked from @MrsKBerlo). ETA: spelling. Apparently I can't spell today.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • NerdyLucyNerdyLucy member
    edited May 2014
    Hmmm, I don't know..

Daisy
    Valentina
    Margot
    Theodora
    Dorothea
    Wilhelmina

I'm not sure what constitutes as quirky to other people.  I think that can be loosely interpreted.  

Also, a second vote for the previously mentioned Clementine.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Roxanne
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Brynn, Cara, Pippa, Isla, Gemma, Mila, Claire, Willa, Nora

(I have short names stuck in my head right now)

C+C born June 2011

Surprise! H born Novemeber 2012

Baby #4 due September 2014

• JMU_Bride09JMU_Bride09 member
    edited May 2014
    Emmy
    Caitlin
    Eloise
    Rosa
    Daphne
    Talya
    Alice
    Willow

• Harriett and Daphne are good suggestions! 
  • Cameran, Sutton, Hudson, Chloe, Aspen
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • Probably lots of repeats:
    Willow
    Willa
    Olive
    Pippa
    Gemma
    Piper
    Eloise
    Elodie
    Tessa
    Chloe
    Cassidy
    Cadence
    Carmen
    Zara
    Zoe
    Lexi
    Daphne
    Phoebe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Karbird5Karbird5 member
    edited May 2014
    Oona 
    Fern
     Bernadette nn Birdie
    Darcy

so many different types of sparrows 30 rock         

• saham07saham07 member
    Nona, Maxine nn Maxey or Max, Antonia, theodosia, Annabelle, Charlene, Carys, Lyda, Veda, Sylvie, thomasina, philomena, Olympia, Georgia
  • Betsy
    Kelly
    Maureen (nickname Mo)
    Bliss
    Tracey
    Calliope (nickname Cali)
    Eugenie
    Fern
    Anniversary
    VOTE on my Name List
  • My first thought was Sophie. You've got a lot of great suggestions though!
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Chloe, Ruby, Persephone, Maren, Bridget, Fiona, Freya, Annika, Daisy, Holly

• maelicmaelic member
    I just think it's weird that you've already decided what your daughter will like in life.

Is it going to be a problem if Kat is a tomboy who only wants to play with transformers?
  • maelic said:
    I just think it's weird that you've already decided what your daughter will like in life. Is it going to be a problem if Kat is a tomboy who only wants to play with transformers?
    Yea, our criteria for a girl name was that it had to work if she either wanted to be a ballerina or a softball player. 
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• Jags8Jags8 member
    maelic said:

I just think it's weird that you've already decided what your daughter will like in life.

Is it going to be a problem if Kat is a tomboy who only wants to play with transformers?

Huh? I just think it's weird that you're assuming things. I like "old lady" names (Carolyn, Margaret, Evelyn)....doesn't mean I think a potential daughter is going to act like an elderly person. It's just a naming style I like. Same with OP, she likes names that are quirky.
  • My DD is quirky. Her name is Adair. I don't know if her name is quirky?

• maelicmaelic member
    Jags8 said:
    I just think it's weird that you've already decided what your daughter will like in life. Is it going to be a problem if Kat is a tomboy who only wants to play with transformers?
    Huh? I just think it's weird that you're assuming things. I like "old lady" names (Carolyn, Margaret, Evelyn)....doesn't mean I think a potential daughter is going to act like an elderly person. It's just a naming style I like. Same with OP, she likes names that are quirky.
    There's a pretty big difference between "I like old people names" (so do I, my girl's Elena Ida) or "I like quirky names" and suggest names for a girl who likes birds, pom poms and Hello Kitty.

How would one know that one's kid would like birds, pom poms and Hello Kitty? And if that's a naming criteria, what happens when the kid does NOT like birds, pom poms and Hello Kitty? The name suddenly doesn't fit?

Which is to say, I think it's pretty ridiculous to tailor your kid's name to the kid's potential personality. Pick a name you like, not a name that you think will work for a girly girl. 
  • Jags8Jags8 member
    maelic said:
    Jags8 said:
    There's a pretty big difference between "I like old people names" (so do I, my girl's Elena Ida) or "I like quirky names" and suggest names for a girl who likes birds, pom poms and Hello Kitty.

How would one know that one's kid would like birds, pom poms and Hello Kitty? And if that's a naming criteria, what happens when the kid does NOT like birds, pom poms and Hello Kitty? The name suddenly doesn't fit?

Which is to say, I think it's pretty ridiculous to tailor your kid's name to the kid's potential personality. Pick a name you like, not a name that you think will work for a girly girl. 
    You are reading way too into it.  ;)
  • saham07saham07 member
    maelic said:
    Jags8 said:

Settle down!! Quirky is a style! You are over thinking this.....breathe. Hello kitty, tomboy, birds are just to help spark ideas ( that is how I understand it) . As the mom, she can choose any style she wants.
  • I love quirky, spunky names too.

Some of these may have been suggested already but when I think quirky I think..

Wren
    Arden
    Ivy
    Penelope
    Olive
    Ramona
    Matilda
    Hattie
    Iris
    Tallulah

My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • I'm not sure that I would consider the names you listed as quirky, but I like a lot of the names you have.  I like Violet and I also like Clemintine (can't remember who suggested it).

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I hope little Kat likes Transformers since she would have 2 older brothers! I think someone didn't read the phrase 'for inspiration' very clearly in my original post! Be curious not judgmental.
  • macska3macska3 member
    Bridget/Bridie
    Bernadette/Birdie
    Pippa
    Lucy
    Juniper
    Penelope
    Ophelia
    Robyn
    Marzia
    Della/Deedee
    Gracie
    Leah
    Marie
    Rosie
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Ivy
    Brynn
  • packerfan4life said:
    Lucy Elizabeth is our top name - nn Lucy Bird.
    My first thought at Lucy Bird is "She's seriously naming her child after one of LBJ's kids???"  Then I remember that LBJ's girls were Linda Bird and Luci Baines.  Either way, it still makes me think of presidential families.
    Anniversary
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Lucy Bird and Emma Bird would be pet names for us too! If i go w/ Elizabeth for the first name then her nn would be Birdy or Birdie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"