October 2014 Moms
Options

Cinco De Mayo WFD

So is anyone making anything fun and themed for dinner tonight? Give me some insperation! 
 image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cinco De Mayo WFD

• Options
    femailfemail member
    We're making tacos tonight. The standard hard shell tacos, but I'm using black beans or tofu instead of ground beef. I have both I need to use up, so I opted to not buy beef.
    For toppings, we have salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and greek yogurt.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    archi35archi35 member
    We're doing Nachos tonight:  Beef and bean chili, over chips with cheddar on top - melted in oven.  Guac and sour cream as toppings with green salsa on the side.  Faux-garitas for both of us (love DH for going no-booze with me).  YUM YUM YUM!!!

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chicken enchiladas
    Spanish rice
    Refried beans
    Guacamole
    Juarritos

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    We've been on a Mexican food kick lately, so I have leftover enchiladas to eat tonight. :)
  • Options
    aander6aander6 member
    I am thinking I want to make chicken fajitas but I don't want to use one of those packets for the seasoning because salt has not been sitting super well with me lately. Anyone have any good seasoning recipes for chicken fajitas? 
     image image
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member

Well we are doing the sex reveal at an authentic Chinese restaurant since all the Mexican restaurants in town are going to be packed.

If I were not doing the festivities tonight I would probably do a soft taco bake (kind of like a Mexican lasagna) with onions and bell peppers added to it for more flavor!

• Options
    aander6 said:

I am thinking I want to make chicken fajitas but I don't want to use one of those packets for the seasoning because salt has not been sitting super well with me lately. Anyone have any good seasoning recipes for chicken fajitas? 

I just use salsa, cumin, garlic powder, Danny, pepper, cilantro a little water and let it all simmer!!! Delicious!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing our standard beef fajitas.  However, we had some left over chorizo so I added to that the marinade bag last night.  I could easily eat Tex-Mex, New Mex, and/or Mexican food on a weekly basis, if only DH could.  

@aander6 - try marinating your chicken in some veggie oil, lime juice, cumin, dried/crushed red pepper, garlic (either fresh or powder), and onion (I normally use onion powder for the marinade and add fresh for cooking) for a few hours (turn at least once).  Typically for a pound of meat, I use about a  teaspoon of the cumin, onion, and garlic salt powders (with a large pinch or more of the red pepper).  A good squirt or two of lime juice and enough veggie oil to mix everything together.  I rarely measure this recipe any more, so I may be off a bit.  Feel free to add what you have on hand - sometimes I add some beer if DH has one open, last night I added half a can of diced tomatoes that I had left over from dinner.  

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    @lrobi13 no frachos!?

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    @lrobi13 no frachos!?

I know right!?  I can't believe I still haven't had them. I have wanted them so bad but that place is super crowded Thursday - Saturday night and DH has been occupied every Saturday and Sunday during the day to go.

It seems super bad to eat those on a weekday but I may have to pull the pregnancy craving card just to get this done!  Althoug it won't be the same without the tasty drinks;)

• Options
    I wanted to make enchildas but after my extreme exhaustion episode last night I think we may just order in... enchiladas, tacos, guac...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    lct2008lct2008 member
    Um- chicken and vegetables. lol. I didn't even think about it being cinco de mayo. Whoops. Maybe we'll celebrate tomorrow for some taco Tuesday :)
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MrsSinner402MrsSinner402 member
    edited May 2014
    lrobi13 said:

@lrobi13 no frachos!?

I know right!?  I can't believe I still haven't had them. I have wanted them so bad but that place is super crowded Thursday - Saturday night and DH has been occupied every Saturday and Sunday during the day to go.

It seems super bad to eat those on a weekday but I may have to pull the pregnancy craving card just to get this done!  Althoug it won't be the same without the tasty drinks;)

Not to mention I'm still waiting on a picture of these glorious things!

imageimageimage

• Options
    I love tamales so DH is making me my own batch cause he can't stand them. Him and DS are ordering pizza. Oh wellmorefor me and the little bean.
  • Options
    We're having taco salads with ground turkey! nomnomnom.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Beef fajitas made with marinated tri tip
    Refried beans
    Green salad with homemade tomatillo dressing
    guacamole 

• Options
    I totally forgot it was Cinco de Mayo, but we had Mexican food for lunch anyway. Hah! I made this: https://www.neighborfoodblog.com/2014/02/cheesy-mexican-tortilla-casserole-gluten-free.html

It's been in regular rotation at our house for the last month or so... SO good. If you try it, I suggest the following modifications: don't drain the tomatoes (use the juice), use a whole 8oz block of cheddar freshly grated, and use a Tbls. of Mexican chili powder instead of all the spices (makes the recipe less fussy, and no less delicious). I have made it with black beans and kidney beans and it's great both ways.
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Options
    Ground beef tacos! Nothing fancy here.
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Carnita Tacos…YUM!

• Options
    Grilled chicken and cheddar sandwiches with a spinach salad... Lame but I am so pumped.

• Options
    jusmalejusmale member
    We're going to make chicken and steak fajitas with grilled peppers and onions plus yellow rice on the side. I also plan to make guacamole if the avocado I have is ripe enough. I'm getting hungry just typing about this!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had veggie quesadillas last night to celebrate since who knew what I'd feel like today.  Glad we did because all I wanted today was a hamburger from Five Guys.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    aander6aander6 member
    We had veggie quesadillas last night to celebrate since who knew what I'd feel like today.  Glad we did because all I wanted today was a hamburger from Five Guys.
    I had five guys on Sunday. It was magical. 
     image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"