Alabama Babies

Any moms in the Tuscaloosa area?

I am a graduate student at the University of Alabama and was wondering if there are any moms in the Tuscaloosa area.  I was also wondering if anyone knows of any mommy and me groups or any sort of free/extremely cheap groups that I could join to meet other moms in the area?  I moved here two years ago and just have been having a very difficult time meeting friends who are at the same point in life as I am.  TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any moms in the Tuscaloosa area?

• Hi!! I suppose I still have 6 more months til I am technically a mom, but I thought I'd introduce myself anyways. I'm Randa. I have lived in Tuscaloosa all my life. I don't know of any mommy and me groups or anything like that though. Sorry. If I hear of anything I will surely let you know. How many kids do you have?

• I have one child, he is 8 months old.  Congratulations and you are a mommy from the moment you find out you are pregnant!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to UA but now live in the Pell City area. I still have great friends in the area who are all moms and are active in the community. If you'd like send me an email with your info and I can get them in touch with you! One has a little girl that just turned one and another has a little boy around 15 months and each have lots of other friends with small children. My email is stephanie.hurst1@gmail.com oh and Roll Tide :)
  • I live in Tuscaloosa! Check out TuscMoms ( https://tuscmoms.ning.com/ ) through the Tuscaloosa News website. They are fairly active and usually have something going on every month. I haven't done a whole lot with them, but they were pretty nice the few times I've been able to hang out.

One of our moms here helps with the group, but I don't know how often she checks in. 

ETA: I work at UA. What are you getting your graduate degree in? Feel free to message me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Jan03Jan03 member
    edited May 2014
    *Edited for Spam*
  • Jan03Jan03 member

Hi! Not sure when this was posted but I am also a mom and graduate student at UA. There is a great graduate student group for parents... The lady in charge is named Cori Perdue and the link to the page for events with the group is listed below! Hope to see you soon :)

https://www.gps.ua.edu/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"