February 2014 Moms
Options

Monday Whines- Back to Work Edition

I know there are more ladies in this boat now. It's Monday. I am back to work and I miss my baby. My company is flexile with working from home however my position requires me to be present in the office at least 3 days a week for meetings. We are entering our busy time of year (May-Sept) so i will not be able to stay home with LO as much as we are both used to. He tends to give my MiL a hard time on Mondays which makes me feel a tiny bit better because he must be missing me!

Also I realized that my dark gray bra is noticable through my shirt. Total Fail. I guess I should have done some laundry over the weekend.

What's your whine?

Re: Monday Whines- Back to Work Edition

• Options

I'm back to work today, too. I love my job and part of me is happy to be back and settling into "real life"... but I miss my baby! She's at home with dad for 2 weeks so I know she's in great hands and I don't have to do the daycare run around just yet, so I'm grateful that this is as easy a transition as possible, but I still cried in the driveway this morning.

I'm also paranoid about pumping and getting enough for her, which the stress will only serve to tank my supply... vicious cycle...

Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • Options
    @Beachbumm2214‌ ouch that sucks! 8 hours is a long stretch!
    @DreamingBabies‌ I hope your LO feels better soon!
    @SuzyQq02‌ try not to stress about pumping output during your first week. It will take a bit for your body to get used to pumping regularly. Do you have a freezer stash in case you need extra milk?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stophoney, I do, thank goodness. One of the two hidden blessings of dealing with low supply (the other being that LO does great with bottles since she's been going back and forth between them and the boob since she was 2w old) is that I started pumping EARLY to boost supply and it's resulted in getting a decent amount saved. I just need to breathe and remember that no matter what, she's going to be fed and happy and that's what's important.
    Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • Options
    @SuzyQq02‌ - I will be in the same boat starting next Monday!
  • Options
    @PSK kind of laughing at rushing to a 9 am meeting. Teachers usually start classes at or before 8.
    @LaurLaurLaur‌ I've been there!

I'm whining because I have a lot of after school commitments in the next few weeks that are going to keep me working late. I just want to go home and snuggle!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    I'm back to work also- dropped LO off at daycare for the first time and had the infant teacher, who just started 2 months ago tell me she's looking for a new job- this is the second infant teacher to leave since we registered him in February, it did not make today any easier
  • Options
    bb90bb90 member
    My whine will be more relavent in a few months but it bothers me now. I work wwith kids and love it, but part of me thinks why should I watch other peoples kids just so I can pay for someone else to watch my own. I am back at work but my mom and MIL volunteered to watch LO until my husband gets back in August then he'll go to daycare.
  • Options
    I'm so tiiiiiired.  I want more coffee.  And I'm so hungry, I ate half my lunch already.  

• Options
    Fucking cramps.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    elf828 said:
    I found a solution to today's whine - the hospital I'm working at today has a lactation room! So I went outside to grab my pump bag and came back in. Now I'm sitting in a private room with my dress up around my armpits - much better than sitting in my car with a nursing cover around me. Small victories <:-P
    That is great! I consider that pretty big victory. My employer doesn't have a lactation room so I have to pump in the First Aid room. It has been a struggle because even with a neon green sign that says "this room is occupided"  people still barge in on me. But today they finally installed a chain lock on the inside of the door so no one can get in! Here's to pumping in peace!    :-bd

• Options
    The baby hates my husband after 9 pm. I work 12 hours from 7pm-7a. I'm stuck at work knowing that she's screaming from 9-11. DH is so calm about it. I just hate knowing that I could help, could get her to settle down quicker, but I can't.

And my damn boss screwed me out of a day shift position. I talked to him about applying and he said he really wanted it filled before I came back. No big deal. But the girl who got the spot? She doesn't start until the END OF MAY!(she's on nights with me, for under 2 years compared to my 7) Seriously? I should have ignored him and just applied.

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    emar129emar129 member
    I was away from my baby at work all day, got her back (crying because witching hour) and she passed out after an hour. I feel like I never see her awake because of work!
    September 2014 Siggy Challenge: Goats

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"