1st Trimester
Options

Positive store test negative doctors office test!!!

edited April 2014 in 1st Trimester
This morning I woke up and took a wondfo preg test it was positive. On the way to work I took a first response test and it was positive. I went to doctor and they did urine test and it was negative. Doctor ordered series of three blood test to check HCG levels. I'm so confused am I preg or not:( I won't have results of blood test until Tuesday doctor going on vacation until then. The suspense is going to kill me !!! Anyone else ever have this happen?

Re: Positive store test negative doctors office test!!!

• Options
    While it's possible the test in the doctor's office was less sensitive, hopefully the blood work will yield an answer. I hope you get reassuring news.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MizooMizoo member
    I don't have any experience with Wondfo brand, but when I first tested positive on an FRER it then took a few extra days before I could turn the $0.88 cheapies from Walmart positive.

FRERs really do give BFPs sooner than a lot of other tests so maybe you are just too early for the test in office to detect your levels yet.  I wouldn't worry yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

During my last miscarriage my doctor was monitoring my levels to 0 through blood. However, at one appointment she had me take an HPT at the office to get a general idea of my status right then. She said her office dip sticks were at a 50iu sensitivity. Most HPTs advertise 25, but have been shown to turn positive at 10 and even lower sometimes. So yes, it is possible that your HCG is in a place that turns an HPT positive, but not high enough for the ones at the OB office.

I'm sorry that it will take so long to get your blood test back. That's a bummer. Can nobody else in the office (another doctor, nurse?) relay those results to you?

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    I actually got my results today thru the online kaiser app I'm 57ml that means I'm preg right?
  • Options
    I have another blood test tomorrow. I can see if they are increasing like they are suppose too! Hopefully this baby sticks.
  • Options
    Yes, anything over 25 means you are pregnant.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    I'm worried this is going to happen to me too. Took two home tests, clearblue then first response, both were positive immediately. But since the first couple days, my symptoms have kind of faded away...I took a blood test today and am impatiently awaiting the results. FX.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You should hold your pee up to 4 hours before peeing on a test stick-because you took two in the morning and depending in what u drink it could come up negative. The same thing actually happened to me and I just knew I was pregnant and over the next 4 days all 6 HPT's were positive:))
  • Options
    alibc123alibc123 member
    edited May 2014
    I got my blood test results today...definitely pregnant!!! Almost 5 weeks now!!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! So glad you got good news!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Awww congrats so happy for you :) I just got another blood test today to make sure my levels are increasing. I will not hear from my doctor until Tuesday since she went on vacation, but I do get to see my test results. Hopefully first thing tomorrow morning!!! I go Saturday for another blood test also. I have a history of etopic pregnancy even lost my left tube over it :( I'm hoping this baby is right where it should be.
  • Options
    Test results in I went from 57ml to 100ml
  • Options
    I know this is old, but thought I would put this in.

My FRER were picking up a 4 or 5 HCG. I got positives at 9DPO, at 11 DPO my beta was 9. Dollar stores were also picking up the 4 or 5. I didnt get a positive digital until 12 DPO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"