Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Intro and First Trimester Screening Question

Hello everyone! I'm Stephanie and I am currently 11.5 weeks pregnant. I'm currently living in Wilkins twp. and teach preschool in Braddock. 

I have my first trimester screening at Magee on March 7. I was just wondering if anyone knew if they give you the picture from your ultrasound even though it is done through the genetic testing center. It's my birthday and my grandfather's so I was really hoping to be able to share the first ultrasound pictures with my family that night. 

Re: Intro and First Trimester Screening Question

• Options
    I believe they will. It is through genetic testing, but it is the same place you would go for your anatomy scan at 20 weeks...ultrasound and genetic counseling kind of share an area. I can't tell you for sure because we elected for the Verifi testing as opposed to the NT since we had already had two u/s at our RE's office and the. NT gives you odds and Verifi is more definitive.
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    If you're doing the NT scan, that involves an ultrasound and they can definitely print some pictures for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Btw all the ultrasounds at Magee are done in the same area no matter the reason
  • Options
    I didn't get my Nt scan done at Magee but I did get pictures at the place I went so I'm sure they will. My anatomy scan is at Magee this weekend.. Can't wait!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls! I'm pretty excited! I feel like I really need this u/s to alleviate some anxiety after a loss in October.
  • Options
    I got my first trimester screen at Magee and I got pictures! :-)  Good luck with your screen.  It really relieved a lot of worry for me seeing the baby jumping around on the screen.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I haven't gotten my official screening results yet, but the ultrasound went really well! Strong heartbeat and measuring right on track. We're so excited!
  • Options
    That's great!  Our A/S is next week and I can't wait to see the little pumpkin again.  Hopefully you get your results back quicker than I did.  They told me 1 week but I think I finally called after 3 to get my results.

• Options
    How much does Magee charge for the First Trimester Screen? I had an ultrasound done in Wexford and asked if they could do the genetic testing. The tech said no, I'd have to do it at Magee. Well, when I talked with the genetic department at Magee, they said I could have had it all done at that one visit! I'm upset because I'm sure this isn't cheap to get 2 ultrasounds in 2 weeks. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!
  • Options
    I'm sure it varies by insurance but I believe the bill I received was between $200 and $300. I'm not sure if that included the other bloodwork I had done that day as well. 
  • Options
    BeanE7- I know the location at Wexford wasn't equipped to do the genetic scan. I don't know why they told you that because the only locations they gave me that were able to do that particular scan was either at Magee or in the South Hills.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm not sure about the misinformation but I had a good experience with nt at Magee and most likely will choose to get a/s there :)
  • Options
    I had it done at the Wexford location. It is possible because I had had one done at Magee with my first baby and they already had enough information on me. If this is ur first, u would have to go to Magee.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"