December 2014 Moms

Working

I'm a full time cake decorator and I stand for 8 1/2 hours every day.  I was wondering at what point in pregnancy I should be taking more breaks or maybe sitting on a stool while I decorate or if I'll be fine to continue to stand for that long throughout my pregnancy.  This is my first so I don't really know what to expect.  Anybody have any advice or anything? Thanks!
It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Working

• I am a sahm now, but when I was pregnant with dd, I worked a job where I was on my feet all day. Stand as long as you are comfortable. I found it really important to have a really comfortable pair of shoes. I sat when I needed to, but honestly, I was fine until I went on maternity leave. The only thing that really slowed me down was the carpal tunnel I developed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much ladies! I'm still secretly hoping my husband gets this one job so I'll be able to stay at home.  Here's to hoping :)
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Your cakes are absolutely beautiful!!!! And as a pp said, just listen to your body :)
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys :)
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Your cakes are gorgeous @Nmcalhoun‌ !! I'll echo what PP have said, listen to your body. I worked long retail shifts with my first, and had to take breaks to sit because I'd get nauseous if I stood for too long. But most others don't have that problem! If you feel like you need to sit, sit for awhile!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Cake decorating is pretty cool, but I hate my job.  It kills my wrist and I hate most of the people I work with lol.  I haven't been in the mood for cake at all since I can eat it pretty much whenever. 
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • pjswifepjswife member
    Wow your cakes are gorgeous! I would have wanted the blue one for my wedding! Take care of yourself :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"