Multiples

SS - I love my twins already so much!

I am laying here in the hospital bed hoping my cervix can hold the babies a bit longer and I got this wave of love come over me. I think it just hit me for real that these things that keep moving in my belly are actual babies. That they will be here soon and wow, I am just so in love!

Okay I am done being a dork....

Anyone else remember when it dawned on them that the babies were real? When did you fall in love?

Re: SS - I love my twins already so much!

• TRS48TRS48 member
    Same here, once I was in the hospital and the doctors started telling me potential horror stories, I realized how much I love these boys and the protective momma bear came out in me to keep them in there. So happy you can see the positive side of hospital bedrest!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TRS48 said:
    Same here, once I was in the hospital and the doctors started telling me potential horror stories, I realized how much I love these boys and the protective momma bear came out in me to keep them in there. So happy you can see the positive side of hospital bedrest!! :)
    Same for me. It took being in the hospital and hearing the worst possible outcomes for me to realize these babies are really real and how much I love them. How far along are you Ylvelill? FX they stay put for awhile!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Loading the player...
  • YlvelillYlvelill member
    edited April 2014
    @DoublePortion‌
    I will be 27 weeks tomorrow!

Right now we are taking it one day at the time :)

@TRS48‌
    I am trying hard to be positive :)
    And it hasn't been too bad! Yesterday was rough, but today I have spent most of it with my husband.
  • I was so focused on staying pregnant it didn't hit me how much I loved them until a few days after we were home ha ha. I know that sounds nuts but before then I was just "all business"

We got them home and I remember one of those foggy evenings with my husband saying "wow, I really really love Alexandra" then "and then I turn to Josie, and I really can't believe how much I love her too" 

Keep in mind, we were team green, that could have been part of it too. 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • @CaliCarly77‌

My baby girls name is Alexandra too! I can totally see that happening, I think it was because I was sitting all alone in bed with nothing to do that it hit me :)
  • For me, I cried seeing the two beans. I was overjoyed and terrified. Finding out the sexes at 18 weeks really helped it feel more real, too. Especially the fact we are having a boy and a girl again (we lost b/g twins in 2011). 

But after all that, I think I'm really feeling in love with them more and more every day, especially the longer the stay in and the more I feel them both. Calling them by their names really makes it all the more real and seeing all their stuff already! And seeing them at the u/s, how they're both just so big and happy hanging out in there. *sigh* Seeing how huge I am has helped it sink in, too...

Okay, I think I'm just rambling now, but it makes me realize I really do love them! (It was easier after my loss milestone passed; I almost didn't wanna get too attached in case something bad happened, but now I'm positive thinking they're here to stay.)

@Ylvelill I'm so happy you're feeling the way you're feeling. It really feels amazing once it sinks in. Once they're here it'll be a whole new falling in love really. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have had many ultrasounds and now see my OB twice a week for NSTs. We have a double stroller, two infant seats, and two of every outfit. It still doesn't seem real to me. I was actually just telling DH the other day that I don't think it will sink in till they are both in my arms.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I don't think the reality ever sinks in. My b/g twins are 9 months and I still can't believe I have two babies.

I am falling more in love with them each day, even when my son is attempting to swing from the curtains...
  • Hi there. Lurker here. I was admitted to the hospital at 24 weeks for cervix issues and contractions. I was discharged at 33 weeks and did another 3 weeks at home before my kids were evicted at 36 weeks via c section. Completely healthy with no NICU time. Hang in there. It can be so hard. You are almost at the second huge hurdle of 28 weeks!

Your question - I fall in love a bit more every day with my sweethearts, which is crazy because we adore them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have had many ultrasounds and now see my OB twice a week for NSTs. We have a double stroller, two infant seats, and two of every outfit. It still doesn't seem real to me. I was actually just telling DH the other day that I don't think it will sink in till they are both in my arms.
    Yup! I've also been in denial about actually birthing these children lol. We just finally packed my hospital bag yesterday. Sometimes I just walk around the nursery and think it'll be so strange (and awesome!) when they're actually here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"