Birth Stories
Options

Isaiah Anthony's birth story (about 3 weeks late!) lol

Well, Tuesday November 25th started out sh!ty since I got a ticket earlier that morning on my way to work! I had been having contractions for weeks and had been 3 cm dialated and 100% effaced for 2 weeks. I had a doctors appointment scheduled for Wednesday November 26th at 9am but I guess Isaiah decided to arrive ON the day of this scheduled appointment.

Tuesday- November 25th about 9pm- I start having my normal nightly contractions that usually aren't timable.

Wednesday- November 26th about 3am- I notice the contractions are waking me up and are pretty annoying and painful. Me, being 3cm already I wake up DH and we decide to go to the hospital.

Wed, Nov 26th about 4am- triage nurse checks to see how many cm dialated I am and she says I'm 4 and accidently rips my water while checking me. So, I start trickling a bit but she didn't break it fully so I'm not gushing water. She of course... decided to admit me.

The pain isn't to intense YET. So, I send DH to go get some food and I call my mom and he calls his to let them know I'm in labor. I pretty much just labor naturally by myself for the next 6 hours. They gave my some antibiotics because I was group B strep posotive and then they let me walk around and use the bathroom and do whatever made me comfortable. Standing helped w/ the pain a lot. Well, around 9:30 I was in a lot of pain and wanted to be checked to see how dialated I was. When she checked me I was 6-7 cm dialated. I was progressing pretty well but the pain was just getting worse. I told myself I was going to hold out and NOT get the epideral since I did it naturally w/ DD and I was on pitocin! I knew I could do it but the pain was starting to make me doubt myself. I started to debate and ask my mother and mother in law what I should do. MIL said to just relax and take the pain. MOM wanted me to be free of pain and just get the epideral. I decided to hold out for another hour or so. So, I walked and walked and walked. I then decided to get on the ball and labor a bit. Well, around 11:20 I was in so much pain that I asked for the epideral. Well, apparently it was just too late because as I was waiting for the epideral my water ended up breaking not once but twice (doesn't make much sense but apparently there are three layers to the water bag and the first one broke when the triage nurse was checking me and the second and third layers broke when I was bouncing on the ball) Well, after the third burst of water I felt a lot of pressure and had to push! So, DH went and called the nurse to come check me. I was 8-9 cm and she told me NOT to push.... Well I couldn't stop pushing. My body just did it by itself. The pain was so bad I literally sounded like someone was killing me. That's how loud I was screaming. They wanted me to lay down on the bed which was so uncomforable. My midwife asked me in which position I was comfortable in and I told her standing up. Well...ON NOVEMBER 26th AT 11:43AM ISAIAH CAME INTO THIS WORLD! STANDING UP! It was so amazing and I felt like I was on one of those discovery channel shows! lol I didn't need an epitosomy (SP?) and he was 6lbs 12oz and 20in long. I don't remember his apgars because I was still in so much pain afterwards that I don't remember what they told me. After they cleaned him up they gave him to me so I could feed him. He latched on great and he has already gained 3 pounds in 3 weeks. Oh and we got to leave on Thanksgiving and enjoy dinner w/ our new baby boy! ; ) I never thought that I could love another baby like I love DD but when Isaiah came into this world I experienced how it felt to love both of my childeren just as equally. DD is just great with him. She loves her baby brother like if he was hers! ;)

Re: Isaiah Anthony's birth story (about 3 weeks late!) lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"