Stay at Home Moms

If you got flamed

2»

Re: If you got flamed

• CnAmom said:
    bckquote class="Quote" rel="KC_13">I have never been flamed and if I ever were I'd leave immediately as I am incredibly sensitive. :P
    Aren't you very, very afraid now that you know who is gone?
    More sad because I haven't been able to white knight. :P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nonoemily said:
    nonoemily said:
    It doesn't bother me if 90% of you don't agree with my POV. It's boring when everyone agrees and I'd prefer to offer a dissenting opinion than be all OMG ME TOO GUYS!!! This board is so much more conservative than my own community, so I fully expect to be flamed from time to time.
    The board is conservative? Wut? That is weird coming from gun in the rocking chair person.

Guns in diaper bags are totally different, though.
    I live in a very liberal community. I don't know a single person IRL who goes to church or has conservative political views. And yes, this board is ultra-conservative compared to the other parents I know regarding extended RF, safety, vax issues, and basically every other controversial topic. Which is part of the reason I enjoy this board/participate. If I wanted to know what the hippies thought, I'd just go ask them.

I know exactly what you mean/meant. Anyone of you watch Portlandia? Yeah
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL - I've been flamed so many times I've considered Bunker Gear a viable option sometimes when coming to the boards...
  • I don't think I have ever been flamed. If so, it wasn't memorable or I never noticed it since I don't get notifications. I wouldn't leave unless the board got so bad that it was no longer enjoyable to check in.

I am going to take a break for a while, but that is because I want to spend less time on-line this summer. So far it is working well. :)
  • I don't recall ever being flamed....but I also do not put much out there... 
    April 2009
  • HBirdieHBirdie member
    I've been trying to jump in here more but haven't a ton... although I lurk a lot. Haven't been flamed yet, probably because I know when to just keep quiet. Sadly my feelings would probably be a little hurt because I'm lame like that. I'd come back, though.
  • HBirdie said:

I've been trying to jump in here more but haven't a ton... although I lurk a lot. Haven't been flamed yet, probably because I know when to just keep quiet. Sadly my feelings would probably be a little hurt because I'm lame like that. I'd come back, though.

This is pretty much me to a T. I can't tell if I've gotten less or more sensitive with age and since having kids. Some things I'm tough about. Other things I hold back tears. Not with anything on here! Just life in general.

DocumentsMy PicturesBabyBump13+wks.bmp BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love the flames but my days are numbered. Only a few weeks left of pumping at work which is my primary bump time. Ill have to get a few more in.
    E 7/2009, K 11/2011, M 5/2013

• auroraloo said:
    MesmrEwe said:
    LOL - I've been flamed so many times I've considered Bunker Gear a viable option sometimes when coming to the boards...
    you used to get flamed on MSP a lot IIRC.

MSP was an interesting board because there are several of us who were on complete opposite sides of the political spectrum - the interesting thing is we got to know eachother such that we could/can have a true spirited debate from both sides without taking it personally and sometimes surprised eachother to find that our viewpoints were the end-result same but how we got there was TOTALLY different.  At one point we all were guests at one of the gals' wedding!

• LC122LC122 member
    auroraloo said:

I guess I got "flamed" on s13. But I never saw it as flaming, I saw it as people being ridiculous.

Me too on my BMB. People just twisted stuff and made it sound so much worse. I think if they actually understood what I was saying, most would have agreed but the numbers or personalities were against me and nobody would white knight publicly. Got PMs though.
  • I've been flamed before and will be again. I can take it lol! But if all I got was flaming I'd eventually leave.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was definitely flamed on the politic board on the nest.  Didn't really care though, I kept coming back and tried not to take it personally.  In a weird sort of way, my political views have changed a bit now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rink08Rink08 member
    I'd likely stick around. Although I can understand why some people would choose to leave. If it was something stupid and the board then moved on to the next flaming, it's no big deal. But if it was something that continued to be brought up only to be flamed over and over, it could be annoying enough to not want to post here.
  • nonoemily said:
    TB says: vaccinate your children and rf til 2! My family says: RF until you feel like it and vaxing is optional.
    Ah yes, optional unless enough people start choosing the option not to vaccinate.   I always love how people wear their anti-vaxing attitudes like a badge of honor.  They have a vested interest in most people choosing to vaccinate to create the herd immunity their children depend on.  If they had any sense at all they would keep their ideas to themselves.  @nonoemily   
  • Probably I'd come back.  I've been clearly flamed before and to be honest I'm not a fan of people who haven't.  I figure their not real.  You know I think you have to share your sh*t that people don't agree with once in awhile. 
    Not a fan of me, eh? *pinches self* I'm pretty real.  I've never really been flamed, though. The only crap I come up with is some flu like conversation awhile ago, but that wasn't what I considered flaming.  I'm real. 
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Random aside, someone on my BMB was talking about the dandelion incident today.
  • Random aside, someone on my BMB was talking about the dandelion incident today.

I always think about it when we spot dandelions in the yard.

I wasn't here yet for that one, so it made me all giddy to now be in on what happened.

I need a life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"