Military Families
Options

Eglin AFB neighborhoods?

Hello ladies!  I am currently pregnant with our first and due May 15.  We are PCSing this summer (with a newborn, yay!).  They haven't told us when or where yet but they think it will be Eglin AFB.  I have started looking at houses online just for fun and it seems like a lot of communities around the base.  Where do people usually live?  Niceville, Navarre?  Thanks!  Any other tips are also appreciated!
Married April 2009 
TTC since May 2010 
2011 Unexplained IF
Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
 IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Eglin AFB neighborhoods?

• Options
    Niceville is a great area. It's been a while , but isn't Navarre a further drive? But Navarre is right by the beach and beautiful!!!
  • Options
    Lurking..Milton is where my family lived while stationed at Eglin. Although i think it would be quite a drive. My family has a condo in Navarre and its beautiful. Mary Esther and Ft. Walton Beach are also very nice communities!

You really cannot go wrong in that area! I claim that area as my second home haha its just so beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    drjwjdrjwj member
    Thanks!  I'll let y'all know when we finally get orders!
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We live in Crestview. It's only about a 20 min drive from Eglin. It's slightly cheaper than surrounding areas. But Niceville is also a very nice area. It is beautiful down here and I am sure you will love it. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    Crestview is a bit of a drive, but you get more house for your money there. It's not near the beach at all though. Navarre is beautiful, but trust me, you do not want to deal with the commute, the traffic can be horrible. If you want to be near the beach, I suggest Shalimar, Fort Walton Beach, or possibly Destin (although Destin has the commute problem as well). Shalimar and FWB are both very close to both the base and the beach. Niceville/Blue Water Bay is another good option, although you will have to go over a toll bridge to get to the beach and the mall if you live there. It's fairly close to the base and beach, though. Maybe a bit further than FWB and Shalimar, depending on where you are.
  • Options
    If you live in Navarre and there is an accident on HWY 98 you are pretty much screwed. We lived in FWB but I think if we moved back we would do Niceville/Val P or blue water bay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"