Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Smiling at the wall/ceiling? Ghosts?

So every once in a while at my little one's 4am feeding, as he's dosing back off to sleep...he'll look at the wall or ceiling and start smiling.  Not gonna lie...its kinda creepy!  My husband seems to think we have ghosts in the house, and I don't know what to think. Have any of you had experience with this?

Re: Smiling at the wall/ceiling? Ghosts?

• Options
    How old is he?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How old is he?
    2 months
  • Options
    shaunessa said:

How old is he?

2 months

Yeah, he's still learning. A lot of smiling right now is just reflexes, especially while drowsy.
  • Options
    flclflcl member
    Yeah, he's still learning. A lot of smiling right now is just reflexes, especially while drowsy.
    This.  My LO started doing that around 5-6 weeks.  Around week 7, he started looking at me and smiling.  Best feeling ever :)  

• Options
    jessig13826jessig13826 member
    edited April 2014

"Don't worry about the haters... They are just angry because the truth you speak contradicts the lie they live."

-Dr. Steve Maraboli

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    jessig13826jessig13826 member
    edited April 2014
    jessig13826 said: @shaunessa I think this person is being melodramatic. My son used to do the same thing, i think it has to do with them learning how to make facial expressions, who knows :)
    MrsMuq said:
    OP, your house is totally haunted. I suggest you have an exorcism done, pronto.

"Don't worry about the haters... They are just angry because the truth you speak contradicts the lie they live."

-Dr. Steve Maraboli

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We know that our house has at least one female ghost-it's 120 yrs old. DS, at 9/10 mos, watched and smiled at nothing cross his room once. Then he laughed. I knew he was interacting with her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

jessig13826 said: @shaunessa I think this person is being melodramatic. My son used to do the same thing, i think it has to do with them learning how to make facial expressions, who knows :)

MrsMuq said:

OP, your house is totally haunted. I suggest you have an exorcism done, pronto.

I think you need to take a class on sarcasm.
  • Options

shaunessa said:

How old is he?

2 months

This. I call it twitches. Totally normal.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options

Our LO loves the ceiling fan. I can just imagine what a weird looking thing that must be to him! I call it his "friend". He will be two months tomorrow.

Our D was the same way. We named him Mr. Fan. Original, I know :)
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Options
    Hardy har har guys!  Seriously I just wanted to know if other babes did this.  Well NOW i know, thanks for the sarcasm but the honest truth!!!!  
  • Options
    DS does the same thing! I seriously think he might be smiling at angels.
  • Options
    I like to think it's her guardian angel! Or my grandpas! :) either way it is super cute right? I wish I could get that happy about a wall! Or whatever it is...
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

We know that our house has at least one female ghost-it's 120 yrs old. DS, at 9/10 mos, watched and smiled at nothing cross his room once. Then he laughed. I knew he was interacting with her.

Whoa. How do you know this?
    Previous owner's children saw her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"