Multiples

Recommend your stroller

I have had about 10 different strollers. Mainly all tandem style. Now that my twins are a little over 1, I'm on the market for a side by side. (They have learned to reach over and grab whoever is in front and it drives them crazy) I currently have the contours optima and hate all the attachments (having to undo it and assemble it every trip) I'd preferably like a SUPER SUPER narrow side by side. With trays in front or without isn't a huge deal. The cheaper the better. Even open to umbrella type.

Google isn't helping me much and I want real people reviews that I can trust from other MoMs :)

TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Recommend your stroller

• Must fit through standard doorway!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have the contours too and am SO disappointed in it! I ended up getting a Joovy twin for our car seats because I was sick of the pain in the ass set up and take apart of the contours while my girls sat in a hot car. 

I am eyeing the Maclaren twin triumph, I know its $$$ and I feel like an a$s buying another pricey stroller after already having the contours as my "nice" stroller but if we get 3 years out of it, may be worth it. And I wouldn't get the one that goes from infant on, just the cheaper less fancy one. Curious to see what other people post!! 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom really likes the Combi Twin Sport that I got her, but she mostly uses it for walks around her neighborhood and I'm not sure how it would be in doorways.  Might be worth checking out, though.  

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• We have a bob duallie, which fits none of your criteria. HOWEVER, it does fit through all standard doorways - it's ADA width so anyplace that is handicap accessible, it's fine.

Do they sell SBS that aren't ADA width? That'd be a waste.

• We have the baby jogger city select which is a tandem but were in the market recently for a sbs as well. We tried the joovy and hated it so much I returned it to buy buy baby. We ended up finding a city mini GT on Albee baby for like $375 and honestly it was worth every penny. We love how light it is and also the fact that it fits through standard doorways. It turns on a dime and is just awesome. Only two complaints are there's no cup holders or any storage on the top which stinks. And our daughter is a little peanut and sometimes slides down a little but they still look pretty comfy!
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • We just got a city mini double, but we haven't used it yet.  It seems very maneuverable for a double though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • I have the Britax B Agile and love it. It's very similar to the city mini except the basket is much easier to access. I love it!
    Type 1 Diabetic, Hashimotos, RA. Its twins!!!!  EDD 1/6/2014 Di/di b/g twins.
  • jlefiefjlefief member

I have used the Combi Twin Sport ever since switching from the Snap and Go.  They are going to be 3 next month and I still love it.  Best part is how it folds in half so its perfect in the trunk.  Lightweight and super easy to maneuver and set up.  I even used a buggy board with it for my older daughter when she was littler.
  • I have the City Select which I hate.  I am currently trying to sell it and want this stroller: https://www.valcobaby.com/products/strollers/model/zee-two.html

It seems to have everything I want.  SBS, big basket, fits through all doorways, folds easily, etc.
    That being said though there is none locally for me to play with.  Anyone have any real life experience with it?

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• @JodiAriel‌ why do you hate the city versa? I was thinking about getting the twin one and it was the top of my list. Would love to know its flaws before I move forward

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"