November 2014 Moms

Names decided! (I think)

2»

Re: Names decided! (I think)

• If it's a boy we're 95% sure he'll be Alexander Paul. If it's a girl we're leaning towards Alexa or Alexis, unsure of a middle name still.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We had a good list for a boy or a girl but nothing set in stone. I want to name a girl Violet and DH loves it too, but last night when I referred to the baby as Violet, he said "since when did we decide on Violet? I may not like Violet tomorrow." Grrrrr. Soo I am happy with our lists for now, and we will get more serious on the name when we find out the sex.
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • My top names are
    Boy: William Xavier or William Robert
    Girl: Chloe Madison or Charlotte Madison (I really want an 'm' middle name if it's a girl so they can have the same initials as DH. Any other thoughts on m girl names?)
  • MrsCarbMrsCarb member

We had a good list for a boy or a girl but nothing set in stone. I want to name a girl Violet and DH loves it too, but last night when I referred to the baby as Violet, he said "since when did we decide on Violet? I may not like Violet tomorrow." Grrrrr. Soo I am happy with our lists for now, and we will get more serious on the name when we find out the sex.

Well... Sometimes it's nice to practice the name even if it's not decided to see how it works and sounds.
  • MrsCarbMrsCarb member
    So many good names here, I wanted to reply to everyone! I got a few more options to add to our list. I think it's hard before knowing boy or girl, and I/we have had some favorite names for years.

Our dilemma is figuring out if we're going with C names. Our first and last names both start w c so we've thought about continuing. I have the best girl name w cs but my favorite boy name is not w a c. So if we have a girl now we could do it, but if we have a boy later will we have to continue? Or if we get another girl... Then I already used the names? Hmmm

Anyone have advice?
  • MrsCarbMrsCarb member
    @dawn51912‌ I accidentally just clicked report instead of reply, I hope it doesn't do anything!!

I was going to suggest Margaret! It's my mn, but it sounds good w a lot. I'm
    Cynthia Margaret (not a fan of Cynthia..) but my dad sometimes called me "Cindy Meg" which I thought was cute.
  • We are set on Jacob Alexander (found out gender with 99% certainty Monday)-- for a girl it was going to be Gabrielle Rose.. Maybe next time lol

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• MaelaraMaelara member
    edited May 2014
    We just finished naming our DD so we have names leftover that we really like. If it's a girl it will be Freya Iris. If its a boy it will be Griffin. 

ETA - post edited to take out DDs name and our boys middle names (the boy middle names were not misspelled, there was just two). All the negative posts about names has made me very uncomfortable. I'm not into trendy names or adding letters or being un-neek but her name is spelt different and I don't want to share that anymore.
  • Are you a big Harper Lee/To Kill a Mockingbird fan?  That's so cute!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsG1019 said:

We are set on Jacob Alexander (found out gender with 99% certainty Monday)-- for a girl it was going to be Gabrielle Rose.. Maybe next time lol

That's my youngest kiddo's name :) it's a good one!

• sAAmFamsAAmFam member
    I had someone tell me to go to Ellis island website and you can type in your last name and see the names of your ancestors that came to America. I thought that was a great idea. Until mine were Agnes. They chose Boston for their baby name. It was fun looking it all up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}
  • dawn51912 said:

My top names are
    Boy: William Xavier or William Robert
    Girl: Chloe Madison or Charlotte Madison (I really want an 'm' middle name if it's a girl so they can have the same initials as DH. Any other thoughts on m girl names?)

Love Mae as an M middle name.
  • abbyfulabbyful member
    edited May 2014
    sAAmFam said:

I had someone tell me to go to Ellis island website and you can type in your last name and see the names of your ancestors that came to America. I thought that was a great idea. Until mine were Agnes. They chose Boston for their baby name. It was fun looking it all up.

Never would have thought of this! Some of my relatives: Franz, Mara, Marie, Rosa, Roza, Leopoldine, Albert, Anton, Karl, Cecilia, Lovre, Rudolf, Sloak, Josif, Guro, Kata
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

• ed16564ed16564 member
    For a boy: benjamin cole 100%
    For a girl: Hannah Elizabeth or Hannah grace --85%
  • I really liked Andrew Stephen (family names) but seeing as our last name starts with an S, the initials ASS won't help this kid in life.

I also love Benjamin (which is what my parents were going to name me if I was a boy), but BS isn't much better.

I took my husband's name when we got married and I wish he'd taken mine instead.
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• We were set around 35 weeks and then he arrived and looked nothing like the name we picked so we changed our minds. I think for that reason we aren't worried about doing a lot of deciding yet, just putting names on the "possibly" list.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We were pretty sure of our name choices before we conceived.

Boy:
    Joshua Albert (Albert is a family name) or Joshua Robert (DH's middle name is Robert)
    Samuel Albert

Girl:
    Amelia Susan (Susan family name)
    Sarah Jean (Jean family name)

I am kind of bummed Amelia is becoming so popular. I had a friends growing up names Amelia and I always thought it was such a beautiful and unique name. *sigh* not changing my mind because it is in the top 25 now, but I wish it wasn't. :-S
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• For girls (and I have a feeling it might just be a little girl in there), I like a lot of "old lady" names, according to my hubby: Harriet, Matilda, Edwina (my dad's name is Edwin and I love the nickname Winnie), Alice, Frances, etc. Hubby's not sold on any of them. The ones we both like though is Norah, Audrey, and Lucy with possibly Regina for the middle (that's my mom's first and my middle). Hubz also likes Emily a lot, but I know a lot of Emilys so it's not my first pick. There are a few more contenders (Cora, Clara, and a few others), so as you can see we're super undecided!

For a boy we like Benjamin/Ben, Isaac, Jonah, Jude (DH's middle name), Oscar, Simon (my fave), with possibly George for the middle (FIL's first name). Again, no idea!

Guess I'll just have to meet the little one first ;)
    October Challenge: How I feel about the 3rd trimester:

Throwback: Hubby and I on our first date (Nov 2007), and then again on our wedding day (Nov 2012)

• Are you a big Harper Lee/To Kill a Mockingbird fan?  That's so cute!  

Lol no it happened on accident.

• As of now boy will be Ryder Francis (FIL and my Grandpa are both Francis) and for a girl Sadie Marie (my mom and MIL's middle names)
    imageimage BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mommymeg143mommymeg143 member
    edited May 2014
    I love the names!! N14 will have some awesome baby names.

We are 100%

Boy: William Louie V. This was a struggle for me because he will be fifth generation. Dad is William, grandad is Louie so...we are hoping the nickname Finn will stick. I found that "Fin" is derived from an old Yiddish word for 5.

Girl: Emerson Shay. Or Emersen Shay. I hate changing the spelling of words but I feel -en makes it more feminine. Shay is my middle name and grandmoms middle name. We will call her Emmy!

What do y'all think? :)

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• I think we're going with Maxwell (Max). We think it fits well with Oliver-DS. No middle names yet.
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• We know we are having a girl, which is a good thing cause we could only find a girl name we liked. Her name will be Elisabeth Victoria --- "Ellie"
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• MrsCarb said:

@dawn51912‌ I accidentally just clicked report instead of reply, I hope it doesn't do anything!!

I was going to suggest Margaret! It's my mn, but it sounds good w a lot. I'm
    Cynthia Margaret (not a fan of Cynthia..) but my dad sometimes called me "Cindy Meg" which I thought was cute.

Margaret is my middle name:)
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • MaelaraMaelara member
    lissydee said:
    *points to siggy*

Done!
  • KMW08KMW08 member
    I thought I had ours picked out. Cadence Renee if it is a girl. Although now I'm really liking the name Amelia. So maybe Amelia Cadence Renee....but that's a bit of a mouthful.

I let my boyfriend pick the boys name. His choice: Gentry Wayne.  I liked it at first...but now I'm not sure. But we agreed he would pick the boys name and I would handle the girls. If we have a boy I'll probably end up calling him by his middle name, Wayne...
    @SummerB0607 not to scare you away from a middle name, but Wayne is the most common middle name of serial killers https://www.newsoftheweird.com/wayne.html .  FWIW I have two relatives with Wayne as a middle name and as far as I know they aren't serial killers. That's still a creepy fact though.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• For a boy we have decided on Jeremiah.

For a girl we aren't sure yet, leaning towards felicity.
  • LoR2010LoR2010 member
    Braxton Hunter for a boy (DH's Name)
    Quinn Marie for a girl (middle name is mine and my moms middle name and a lot of other family members first names going way back)
  • KatzKiss said:

I think we're going with Maxwell (Max). We think it fits well with Oliver-DS. No middle names yet.

I love Max for a boys name. :)

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• jleitao1 said:

I'm still begging my FI to name our child if it's a boy after him... he never liked his name, so it's proving to be a battle. His name is Paul and I would love a little Paulie :) It doesn't look like I'm going to get my way though!

If it's a girl, we're thinking of Clara Lee. Clara is my middle name, my aunt's middle name, and my great great grandmother's name. My mom's middle name is Lee. :)

DS is Paul :) DH always loved the name, and it is perfect. And I love Clara.

• KMW08 said:
    I thought I had ours picked out. Cadence Renee if it is a girl. Although now I'm really liking the name Amelia. So maybe Amelia Cadence Renee....but that's a bit of a mouthful.

I let my boyfriend pick the boys name. His choice: Gentry Wayne.  I liked it at first...but now I'm not sure. But we agreed he would pick the boys name and I would handle the girls. If we have a boy I'll probably end up calling him by his middle name, Wayne...
    @SummerB0607 not to scare you away from a middle name, but Wayne is the most common middle name of serial killers https://www.newsoftheweird.com/wayne.html .  FWIW I have two relatives with Wayne as a middle name and as far as I know they aren't serial killers. That's still a creepy fact though.
    Hmm...well we're still going to use it. It was my boyfriend's dad's middle name. He passed away in 2005 so we have decided we'll name a boy after him.

That is a pretty interesting fact though..
  • We've been set for a while!

For a boy: Michael Lee

For a girl: Emerson Rose

Love our names!

Mama to sweet baby girl, Emerson Rose, born November 7th, 2014

• We are pretty set. Middle names are family influenced.

Boy: Samuel Robert or Luke Robert

Girl: Elise Jean or Charlotte Jean

• Girl: Charlotte Rae
    Boy: Casimir Rex, although I might try to talk DH into Caelum (Si-lum, it's a tiny constellation and I like the sound) Ray.

Yikes. I never would have guessed that would be pronounced "Si-lum."

*shrug* That's how I have found it pronounced on practically every website on the constellation. It could be wrong, because I thought "Kayl-um" at first.

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• I know we are pretty set on a boy name (Jace Dean) but I am so undecided with girl names. My list includes Elliott, Aria or Danica.

TTC #1 since August 2012

BFP 7/5/13 ~EDD 3/17/14 - MC 7/22/13

DX PCOS 9/17/13 - Cyst on left ovary benched on BCP

10/12/13 Cyst is gone starting cycle #1 Femara - U/S shows no response

11/19/13 Large cyst on right ovary. Benched again.

12/18/13 2 cm cyst still on my right ovary. Back to BCP. 

1/10/14 start femara 5mg for 10 days

IAmPregnant Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"