LGBT Parenting

anyone else's SO weirded out??

Ok so this post will have some TMI but here goes.So last night we finally ya know and the minute we were done she starts touching my belly and freaking out because the baby wasn't moving I told her its because she was asleep clearly she didn't believe me because she kept rubbing and pressing my belly till Averie finally kicked.Then she kept asking me are you sure its safe to do this? I said yes unless you have a complicated pregnancy which I don't and she started to freak out thinking my water was going to break lol please tell me I am not the only having to deal with this??? Hormones are crazy and I really want it but she is freaked out by it .

Re: anyone else's SO weirded out??

• JGYJGY member

Honestly?  I'd head over to your BMB (Birth Month Board).  This topic always seems to get adressed there at length!  I'm assuming actual specifics wouldn't matter (in terms of WHAT you're doing), and it might help put your mind at ease ... you can probably do a quick search and find tons of conversation on the topic.

Good luck!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• It seems healthy and normal that your so might feel weird for lots of reasons... For one thing there's a whole other person in bed with you! She's also aware of the health stuff too. That's good mom instinct!
    But then again, you need to do it, too!
    Have you tried any kind of outfit/lingerie/clothing change? Even a see through tee shirt or nightgown (depending on your style) might help to distract from the human being in your belly!
    Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't experienced this, but I know this can be a common issue.  I wish I had advice, but I would say to talk thru it as much as possible.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Thanks guys I think I will just ride it out we only have 10 weeks left.Even after asking the doctor she is still fearful it will somehow hurt Averie and I'm now so big and uncomfortable and not really in the mood everything from the hips down hurts daily.So not much of a issue .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"