Odd sensation left of belly button? — The Bump
Caribbean Babies

Odd sensation left of belly button?

Emerald27Emerald27
Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
edited May 2014 in Caribbean Babies
Hi, ladies! I have a crazy question for you. :)

I'm 16 weeks now, and for the past several days I've had this tender spot to the left of my belly button...about 1-2" to the side and down a teeny bit. It hurts to touch and sometimes is sore without touching it.

I've also felt some strange movement-like sensations over there, but it seems too high on my abdomen for 16 weeks (though I know 2nd pregnancies often measure a little ahead, uterus height-wise). These "movements" are like a brief but steady pressure, and sometimes feel like a little push. Happens sitting, standing, and lying down.

So...what could this beeee? I love this board because well, my TTGP ladies are the very best ever, and because there are awesome mamas I trust at every stage of the game. Someone here has to know what's going on, right?! Help! ^:)^
imageimage

Re: Odd sensation left of belly button?

• I had/have this! I asked my midwife and she said it can be from the baby causing a "bruise" with movements and growth. She said the baby can rub a "raw" spot with frequent elbow movements or knees or whatever!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • woah, you learn something new everyday!
    Signature

image  image         
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Married: 9/2011  DS -  BFP: 2/21/14, EDD: 10/31/14, Born: 10/27/14 
    [Deleted User]
  • Loading the player...
  • I had/have this! I asked my midwife and she said it can be from the baby causing a "bruise" with movements and growth. She said the baby can rub a "raw" spot with frequent elbow movements or knees or whatever!

That's really interesting! I wonder if a teeny 16 weeker could manage that. :P Glad to know it doesn't sound like something serious. I made the mistake of googling and some lady on some other forum was all "get thee to the ER, it's a hernia!" ...which had me slightly concerned. But only slightly, because Google is just bad.
    imageimage
  • Emerald27 said:

I had/have this! I asked my midwife and she said it can be from the baby causing a "bruise" with movements and growth. She said the baby can rub a "raw" spot with frequent elbow movements or knees or whatever!

That's really interesting! I wonder if a teeny 16 weeker could manage that. :P Glad to know it doesn't sound like something serious. I made the mistake of googling and some lady on some other forum was all "get thee to the ER, it's a hernia!" ...which had me slightly concerned. But only slightly, because Google is just bad.
    Yeah, it made me nervous, too! She said that was just her opinion because a lot of her patients complain of the same thing! Mine started around 18 weeks, so I'd imagine a 16 weeker could do it!

----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
    Emerald27
  • I have had many times where I can point to a specific spot on my belly and say exactly where it hurts.

I never did find out what it was, but they've all gone away.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards