July 2014 Moms
Options

It's never too late...

to switch doctors!  I've been dealing with a ridiculously incompetent health clinic throughout this pregnancy and had been planning to try to switch back to my old doctor anyway (had to wait until we were on MediCal and then figure out if she accepted it, etc.), but was definitely convinced when my u/s doc strongly urged me to switch.  She was especially worried since I have placenta previa (which may resolve entirely, it has partly already) and none of the docs there would be able to treat me if I had problems so I'd just end up in the ER.  Anyway, had my first appt. with my "new" old doctor's office today and it was wonderful.  The staff was so welcoming and seemed happy that I'd switched to them.  I get to see my doc at my next appt.

So if any of you have been unhappy with your OBs or their office practices, it's not too late!  Don't be afraid to do what makes you comfortable.  I couldn't have imagined any of those doctors at the clinic delivering my precious babe and am SO happy and relieved that I'll be delivering with the same doc!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagephoto Candle_zps6cecf456.png 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: It's never too late...

• Options
    I second this! If you aren't completely satisfied switch!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TRS48TRS48 member
    Agreed. I switched at 25 wks and am so glad I did.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    seellsseells member
    Yes!!! I switched at 20 weeks and never looked back!
  • Options
    This makes me feel so much better about wanting to find a new dr. My current dr never fully addresses my concerns. He doesn't seem to have much compassion, & there just isn't a "connection". I've just been feeling like there's not much longer to go so switching would be pointless. Thank you for posting this, glad to know I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    This makes me feel so much better about wanting to find a new dr. My current dr never fully addresses my concerns. He doesn't seem to have much compassion, & there just isn't a "connection". I've just been feeling like there's not much longer to go so switching would be pointless. Thank you for posting this, glad to know I'm not the only one.
    Do it! :)  Especially if you're a FTM, it's SO important to have an OB with whom you're totally comfortable and have a connection.  Switching is not pointless!  People transfer their care all the time.  Get some references from friends you trust, I bet you'll find someone you like.  I wish I'd done it earlier but am SO glad I did it, period!  :)

• Options
    My ob office has 3 ob's that you rotate through since any one of them (or the alternate you'd never meet) can deliver you

To be honest I don't give a flying crap who delivers me, and I know I'll care even less when the time comes.

So even though I'm supposed to get to know all the doctors equally, I've been requesting just the one I like, and I'll continue to do so. My prenatal care is more important to me than having a connection with the person who catches my baby, especially since I know all of them are competent and capable of doing an excellent job.
  • Options
    mamakiss said:
    My ob office has 3 ob's that you rotate through since any one of them (or the alternate you'd never meet) can deliver you To be honest I don't give a flying crap who delivers me, and I know I'll care even less when the time comes. So even though I'm supposed to get to know all the doctors equally, I've been requesting just the one I like, and I'll continue to do so. My prenatal care is more important to me than having a connection with the person who catches my baby, especially since I know all of them are competent and capable of doing an excellent job.
    Well, that's great for you.  As I mentioned the office was making tons of errors, including effing up so that I never got my NT ultrasound and also, last appt. I had with the only OB I'd seen more than once, she wasn't even aware that I had placenta previa because she hadn't seen the results from my a/s or follow-up u/s which were right on my chart.  WTF.  Plus, she doesn't even have privileges at the hospital.  So, I really wasn't getting the best prenatal care there.
    To me, the OB is more than just the person who catches the baby, he or she is one of the people supporting you through the labor (although the nurses will have far more of an impact on your experience, truth be told).  My doctor has an amazingly calming presence, which is one of the things I loved about her through my first delivery.

• Options
    I agree. I haven't had to switch drs. But you have the right at anytime if something doesn't feel comfortable.
  • Options
    Ecomom17 said:

mamakiss said:

My ob office has 3 ob's that you rotate through since any one of them (or the alternate you'd never meet) can deliver you

To be honest I don't give a flying crap who delivers me, and I know I'll care even less when the time comes.

So even though I'm supposed to get to know all the doctors equally, I've been requesting just the one I like, and I'll continue to do so. My prenatal care is more important to me than having a connection with the person who catches my baby, especially since I know all of them are competent and capable of doing an excellent job.

Well, that's great for you.  As I mentioned the office was making tons of errors, including effing up so that I never got my NT ultrasound and also, last appt. I had with the only OB I'd seen more than once, she wasn't even aware that I had placenta previa because she hadn't seen the results from my a/s or follow-up u/s which were right on my chart.  WTF.  Plus, she doesn't even have privileges at the hospital.  So, I really wasn't getting the best prenatal care there.
    To me, the OB is more than just the person who catches the baby, he or she is one of the people supporting you through the labor (although the nurses will have far more of an impact on your experience, truth be told).  My doctor has an amazingly calming presence, which is one of the things I loved about her through my first delivery.

I'm sorry if I came off like I was arguing with you or trying to say you shouldn't. I also switched to something more comfortable for me, I would have switched practices if I needed to. Good on you for doing what you feel is best for you.
  • Options
    @mamakiss, no worries!  I wasn't taking it that way, just saying that some people may feel differently about what they want the OB's role to be.  A lot of people won't find it makes much of a difference to them, I just found that it did to me.  I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that was great for you; it IS great that you're comfortable with that!  I think if it had just been a matter of not being that connected to the OB I might not have switched, but this clinic I was going to was SO incompetent I had to wonder if the doctors were really up to snuff.  Also I think for me I want more of a connection with the OB b/c my brother is an OB so it makes me want a personal connection with the doc, if that makes any sense. :P  Hard to explain exactly. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"