November 2012 Moms
Options

WWYD?

My best friend is turning 40 in May and she asked me to help put together a happy hour (Im having a separate little gathering for her at my house with cake) for her friends, about 25 ppl.  Im happy to send the evite and order food but I really dont want to spend my own money on this.  I threw her a baby shower last Sept. and spent a pretty penny.

I feel this is her husband's role but he is clueless.  I know he wont get a cake or any cute decorations i.e. cocktail napkins and balloons.  Do I just suck it up and do it myself?  Or should I ask him to pay?

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    If I asked my friend to "help" put together a party I would never assume they were paying for everything...if she wants a 40th bday with 25 people then she should be paying the majority of the bill. Baby showers are different IMO, but a bday party unless its a surprise, should be paid for by the person having the party for themselves. That's just my opinion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ksherwood said:

My best friend is turning 40 in May and she asked me to help put together a happy hour (Im having a separate little gathering for her at my house with cake) for her friends, about 25 ppl.  Im happy to send the evite and order food but I really dont want to spend my own money on this.  I threw her a baby shower last Sept. and spent a pretty penny.

I feel this is her husband's role but he is clueless.  I know he wont get a cake or any cute decorations i.e. cocktail napkins and balloons.  Do I just suck it up and do it myself?  Or should I ask him to pay?
    You say she asked you to "help" put it together, so I assume she is in on the planning.
    So, if it were me, when discussing where to order food from, I'd say, "so, do you want to order directly so that your credit card can be charged directly, or do you want me to order and you'll pay me back?".
    Same thing when talking about drinks, decorations or anything else.

Does she just maybe need your help "planning" and actually getting organized?
    Also, ask about her husband and how he is helping.

As for the one at your house...is it the same people? And does she know about it?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks...Im having 10 ppl over for a different reason but I got a cake so we can sing to her.  

SHe wanted to have a happy hour and asked me to send the evite and collect RSVPs and she is paying for apps.  Im just assisting. 

Im happy to get some balloons and cocktail napkins but I think her husband should get a cake for 25 ppl so I dont have to.

• Options
    Send him a link to the bakery and tell him to place the order.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    kb&mbkb&mb member
    Make some cupcakes and call it a day. Goes better with happy hour anyways. And they are cheap!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"