Random stranger yells at baby through monitor

frantastic12frantastic12 member
edited April 2014 in December 2013 Moms

Married 8/2012
DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

Re: Random stranger yells at baby through monitor

• Options
    This story is about my sister's neighbor! Scary!
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    wtf is wrong with people.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    frantastic12frantastic12 member
    edited April 2014
    There was a similar incident somewhere else where a stranger hacked a baby monitor in a toddler's room and started yelling "wake up little whore" and the parents heard it from their room.  I was about 6 months pregnant at the time and that's when I decided no video monitors.
    I think that's the same incident mentioned at the end of this article.  I read about it somewhere else--the little girl's name was on the wall and the person also yelled her name.  The girl was actually deaf and not wearing implants, so she never woke up, but the parents were still terrified. 

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• Options
    I think this is the one I just read the other day.  people are freaking nuts.  As long as you don't get a video monitor that connects to wifi though I think you're good.
  • Options
    I didn't realize monitors like this have a speaker, what's the purpose of that?? I don't think ours does, it has a microphone to pick up sounds but no speaker, we can't talk to our baby through the thing. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    I didn't realize monitors like this have a speaker, what's the purpose of that?? I don't think ours does, it has a microphone to pick up sounds but no speaker, we can't talk to our baby through the thing. 
    A lot of monitors (mine included) have an intercom so you can soothe baby without having to go in. We used to use it to tell my toddler to get back into bed. He thought we could see through walls. It was magical!
    yeah ours has this option too, I love it!! not super useful yet, but there has been a time or two where I just sang through the monitor & she fell back asleep.  I agree, it was magical. :)
  • Options
    I guess I'm glad mine doesn't have speaker......we can hear her but she can't hear us. I don't undertand why someone would do this....
  • Options
    Ick so creepy... this is exactly why SO and I fought about the WIFI monitors. If you want to know how the kid is doing during the day just call me.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Options
    @osajia something I want to tell H to bring something and I can't lol
  • Options
    I love mine, but only have used it in the day time... And me in the next room. Now that SOMEONE is rolling over, I watch him on the couch. My husband is an IT dude and promises that the way it's hooked up no one can hack into it... I have my doubts.
  • Options
    I'm paranoid and this story freaks me out! My first thought is how close do you have to be to the WiFi to hack it? or is it something some techy weirdo is hacking from across the world? Ughh makes me cringe! Ours doesn't have the speaker feature but I stopped using it long ago with the fear something creepy would show on the video monitor or it would cross frequencies with someone else and I'd be scared shitless... so now i only use it during the day if I'm working out in the yard & my girls are napping... For safety, I have 3, or more ;) window locks on their room and my gun handy in my room... Ughh saw a similarly scary story where a burgalar broke into a home and snooped around the babies room for awhile, the family had no idea until they watched the recorded footage... OMG nooo! Terrifying... Why are there SO many weirdos out there... ughh makes my stomach turn!
  • Options
    I'm paranoid and this story freaks me out! My first thought is how close do you have to be to the WiFi to hack it? or is it something some techy weirdo is hacking from across the world? Ughh makes me cringe! Ours doesn't have the speaker feature but I stopped using it long ago with the fear something creepy would show on the video monitor or it would cross frequencies with someone else and I'd be scared shitless... so now i only use it during the day if I'm working out in the yard & my girls are napping... For safety, I have 3, or more ;) window locks on their room and my gun handy in my room... Ughh saw a similarly scary story where a burgalar broke into a home and snooped around the babies room for awhile, the family had no idea until they watched the recorded footage... OMG nooo! Terrifying... Why are there SO many weirdos out there... ughh makes my stomach turn!

I was freaked about someone having to be in wifi range.. Just picturing some creep in a van outside!!! Hubs said it has to do with the IP address of the computer, so they can be a World away. Still doesn't make me feel good!
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    It's not all video monitors it's only the ones that have WiFi.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"