July 2014 Moms
Options

Can I gripe about my mom?

She hasn't called me at all ever since I told her I was pg. I called her today (my mistake) She's butthurt that I didn't tell her it's a boy. Or that we were going to Puerto Rico. Then she at one point says to me she guessed I needed a tent for maternity clothes. And she was pissed that I told her she, my sister and my niece needed to stay in a hotel when they come down for my shower. I am not up for house guests in my 1 bedroom house. Not to mention the fact, last time she stayed in my house, she literally took a crap on my deck. (She's BSC, and said she was having stomach issues and couldn't make it all the way upstairs to the bathroom) I preach boundaries quite a bit. I don't let crazy people that literally shit on my life stay with me. Ugh. Ughhhhhhh

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Can I gripe about my mom?

• Options
    I'm sorry but the image of someone pooping on a deck is hilarious.

There's just no room in 1 bedroom house. Whys that difficult to understand?

I'm sorry she's being difficult.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She sounds cray cray. Sorry you have to deal with that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I legit peed a little because I was laughing so hard. And that made hubby laugh hard, which made me waddle to the bathroom as fast as I could.

At any rate, I'm sorry that happened to you.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

Sorry, so not funny.. but made even worse because the first time I read through this I totally read that as "desk" not "deck" (thanks to my totally imaginary pregnancy brain!)

Me too!

image          image

• Options
    I just want to hug you!! and tell you I can TOTALLY relate. You must have more patience than I though. My mom pulls her crazy antics and I check out.

...But then part of me wants to get you a little drunk and ask for more mom stories.
  • Options

Sorry, so not funny.. but made even worse because the first time I read through this I totally read that as "desk" not "deck" (thanks to my totally imaginary pregnancy brain!)

That's exactly how I read it the first time. Lol!
  • Options
    BPaws said:
    Who cleaned it up? Sorry.... Im curious now! And this is a really shitty situation to be in. :( I'm sorry your mum is clueless.
    LOL. You funny.

@SuperTinkerham, I'm so sorry...that sounds like more craziness than any one needs to deal with (let alone a pregnant someone). Hang in there :/

• Options

I totally thought the mom had pooped on OP's desk. Then I was relieved it was the deck.

Not to hijack your thread OP but this might give you a laugh. My toddler is obsessed with finding poo poo on my parent's deck. I have an older dog that stays with my parents during the day & sometimes he doesn't make it off the back deck to do his business. My son says, "Oh no! I find poo poo on the deck! Get a stick & get it off!" Lol

**loss mentioned**

Back to you - I'm so sorry. I have a grandma that's really strange. I didn't even go to her house at Christmas because I didn't want to hear about how my body wasn't ready to be pregnanct again. Never mind everything my OB has said. I didn't want to talk about our loss with her, didn't want to talk about the new pregnancy with her...some things you just know you shouldn't be a part of with some people in your life. ((hugs))

• Options
    Wow! Go right ahead and complain! I don't think I would have called either, especially if she hasn't made the effort herself. And as for the rooming situation, I think it's perfectly acceptable that they stay at a hotel. I would never expect someone to let me stay at their house if they did not have a spare bedroom. Good luck, OP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    It sounds like you've set healthy boundaries. I can relate from my experiences that this doesn't take the sting away from unmet expectations. Sorry she sounds tough to keep a relationship with, but since she's your mom its best to keep firm boundaries and have her in your life. It sucks though.
  • Options
    Aw, SuperTink, this post makes me sad  :(  I wish you had a better relationship with your mom, and that she was more "healthy" for you (and for her own sake!).  Thank goodness you have grown up into a strong, smart woman who knows how to set boundaries, as unfortunate as their necessity may be...

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    So she pooped on your deck and then didn't even clean it up??? Like she just left it there???

Put me in the read it as desk club, too. I was relieved to hear it was the deck instead....but now I'm hoping you don't have neighbors that can see the deck....can you imagine looking out your window to see someone pooping on your neighbors deck?

Anyone who has dealt with what you have gets 100% free reign to complain as needed! Hope things go a little easier when they come this summer and I'm definitely glad you won't have the stress of them staying with you!
  • Options
    WOW!  That is all
    <<a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"