Trying to Get Pregnant

1st. time TTC

Hello beautiful ladies, my husband and I finally decided to start TTC and this is our very first month!!. I am so excited and I've learned so many things from your very own experiences, I cannot wait for that BFP soon or in the next couple of months.  It is hard for me to not think about it... or stress about it...  Any suggestions?

Re: 1st. time TTC

• Jay_CeeJay_Cee member
    Hello, welcome, and good luck! I think we all think about TTC a lot and probably many of us find it hard to not stress about it. I would just suggest trying to keep busy with fun things.
    J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am getting familiar with the site so, please bear with me... I am now looking in to the Newbie forum... Thanks ladies!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I highly recommend the Newbie blog, but welcome aboard and best wishes to you!
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• I'm gonna throw out there that your "couple of months" can very easily be up to a year if you are a reproductively healthy couple. So, there's that.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Yes, we are aware that it may take a couple of months or even a couple of years... but you know don't we all have a little wishful thinking?  ;;)  I have pretty regular periods and I've been taking my prenatals, and we bding every second day in my fertile window and I also used an OPK. the only thing I haven't tried is trying to chart my temp. but will definitely try on my next cycle. Like I said I'm new to all of this and I am enjoying this journey so far, even more having the support from people who is going or has gone through the same thing.

• welcome, good luck, have fun!!
  • Definitely check out the Newbie blog! Also, I recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility! Welcome and good luck!
    Congrats on the big decision!  I also think the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" was helpful in learning more about my body.
    Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

BFP#1 7/13/11 EDD 3/16/12 DS born 3/16/12

BFP#2 5/16/14 EDD 1/23/15 CP 5/21/14

BFP#3 6/25/14  EDD 3/2/15 

imageimageimage

• Welcome and good luck!

TTC since 7/13    
    BFP 1/19/14 | EDD 9/24/14 | MC 2/3/14 at 7 wks
    BFP 11/29/14 *Please be our Rainbow Baby!!*
  • magsamemagsame member
    Welcome and good luck! FF has become my new best friend while TTC. Lots of good info.
    Baby Nolan  is on his way! EDD 2/22/15 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome! I definitely suggest temping and charting on Fertility Friend. It has been a great way for me to keep up with my morning temps and see exactly when I O. Good luck!
    May Signature Challenge: Favorite Meme

Trying to conceive since March, 2014

• Welcome!
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • I'm a few days from wrapping up my first TTC cycle, so welcome from a fellow newbie! 
    I'm a fuckin' T-Rex.

• Thank you ladies!
  • I'm just 3 DPO and I'm a little nervous, my sisters in law and I will be going to Vegas for a week to relax and gave a little girls/me time, but it's exactly the time I'm supposed to be testing to see if this cycle was successful or not, I'm still trying to figured out a way to avoid alcohol without them thinking something's up.... Any suggestions?
  • @MCAngel09‌ I'm definitely temping and charting my next cycle. This cycle that is actually our first trying we used the ovulation calendar and OPK's plus Since my AF is pretty regular, I usually feel ovulation cramping so, my husband and I got busy bding in our fertile window.... :)
  • The general consensus here is to not cut down on your alcohol while TTC. I mostly agree, but not 100%.

Right before you get KU is a very good time to review how you take care of yourself, and up your game. If you tend to go a little overboard and drink consistently until you get hangovers, then dialing it back (not stop, just reduce) is beneficial. Alcohol damages the liver at those levels, and if you get KU, your liver will have to work for two people.

Short story: be sensible, if that makes people suspicious, then your lifestyle needs serious changes anyway.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for the comments ladies, I appreciate it, the only reason I'm trying to avoid it is cause you're supposed to cut down in alcohol... I'm packing pregnancy test just in case my period is late.... But you're right, I shouldn't worry too much about it.
  • Perfect! Then I'll enjoy my time in Vegas!!! And will drink until I see that second line. :)
  • mrsmartsh said:
    Perfect! Then I'll enjoy my time in Vegas!!! And will drink until I see that second line. :)
    I like the cut of your jib. 
    I'm a fuckin' T-Rex.

• Morning ladies, here's another question for those who had already been pregnant before...  I'm just experiencing things I've never felt before....

I am 9DPO and last night I got this sharp pain in my left lower back, going towards the middle of my bump cheek.. that I could barely walk, sit or stand... but it only lasted for about an hour, then the pain was gone... is this normal.... ? I don't want to be over analyzing everything but I just find it different... I'm not keeping my hopes high, as this is our very first time trying... I've decided not to test until Monday day before my expected period.... and just before we take off to Vegas.... ;;)
  • Thanks for the reply. @sister13

• I think I'm out this month! My AF should get here while I'm in Vegas.... Bummer!!! Oh well, I cannot wait to start tempting.... It will also been my first time!!! This cycle I just used EWCM, cramping and OPK's gotta keep trying and trying... But hey who doesn't like that?! ;;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"