August 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else not crawling?

LO is not crawling yet. He's pushing himself backwards on his belly and can travel pretty far that way, and he has a mean 360 move. :) But he can't seem to get up on his knees while his arms are pushed up. Ped says he'll prob walk before crawling at this point but developmentally I'd really like him to crawl. Anyone else in this boat?

Re: Anyone else not crawling?

• Options
    Yep, no crawling here - but like your's, she pushes around backwards.  She'll be 10 months in 10 days...and the ped had no worries.  She said she'd rather see her pulling up more (which now she is) than crawling...soon enough!  She also drops her knees - so she'll try for a bit, then lay like a frog.  I feel like it'll be in the next week - eek!
  • Options
    My big one didn't crawl until 9mo. One twin crawled just before 9mo and the other one just starting crawling well about a week ago at 10mo.

My big one walked at around 12.5mo.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kwrecks said:
    I have one of the younger babies (8 months today) but she's not crawling. She just rolls. She doesn't even really push herself anywhere on her tummy, she just rolls anywhere she wants to go.

Same here, except he turned 8 months last week.

He just started rolling about 2 weeks ago though, so I know crawling won't happen immediately.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    @MommyKristin88 I have a late roller too - and she CAN do both ways, just too lazy.  LOL but if I put her on her back at night, you better believe she's quick to roll to belly and sit up - something she only does in her crib and I've never seen other than over the video monitor.  
  • Options
    Savannah hasn't even attempted it yet. She doesn't even lift her pelvis up. The pedi says not to worry because she spent a lot of time in the hospital so it's normal for her to be a little behind physically.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    PS @MommyKristin88 I love seeing your fruit ticker!  Brings me back to a year ago :)  Happy little raspberry this week!
  • Options
    Still no crawling here either...She can scoot backwards, and she gets up on all fours just fine...but no forward movement yet....Though she wants too...She also is not pulling up yet. Then again, she was slow to roll...so I am OK with it so far

• Options
    8 months last week & no crawling, pushing up on knees or scooting really. She just now (as in, this morning) figured out how to roll belly to back. She's been able to go back to belly for a couple months, but rarely does it. I have a lazy baby.
    She loves to pull up though & wants you to walk her around the room all. day. long. I suspect I'll see walking before crawling. She usually screams if I put her on her tummy.
  • Options
    caper18caper18 member
    edited April 2014
    No crawling here either.  She also pushes backwards and spins around but will not pull her knees up on the floor.  She'll do it on the bed and rock back and forth but no way she'll do it on the floor.  I don't think she likes the feeling of the hard floor.  I'm pretty sure she's not going to crawl much if at all. 

She would stand all day if you let her and loves to walk around holding fingers.  She pulls up all over me and sometimes on the coffee table. I'm pretty happy with where she's at, also still happy she (pretty much) stays where I put her...but those days are numbered for sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    no crawling or pushing off but she turns and rolls and pulls up.

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HermansWifeHermansWife member
    edited April 2014
    ludali said:
    @MommyKristin88 I have a late roller too - and she CAN do both ways, just too lazy.  LOL but if I put her on her back at night, you better believe she's quick to roll to belly and sit up - something she only does in her crib and I've never seen other than over the video monitor.  
    Charlie does this too - he only ever sits up by himself in his crib. He'll be 8 months next week, and he scoots backwards, rolls, and does the 360, but no crawling yet. He prefers to stand (with support) instead of being on the floor. He's also doing this bouncing thing when he's sitting, that makes me think that he'll be crawling soon. Time will tell!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    he rolls and turns 360 on his belly. He also pushes himself backward with his arms, but no crawling with the knees.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I think L will skip crawling and go straight to walking. She turned 8 months last week. She HATES her belly and will immediately roll to her back.

We've even tried putting her on her hands and knees to try and teach her. But that always ends up with her laying down on her belly and rolling to her back.

She just starting to try and pull up on the coffee table yesterday!

• Options
    LO not crawling here either. She only rolls over pretty good, and loves to walk with assistance.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    DD army crawls. She was doing the 360 thing for a while, and she just learned to go forward. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    9 months on Sunday and no signs that crawling is on the horizon.
    "The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    Not even close. DS just started rolling consistently and pushing his chest up during tummy time. His butt has never lifted off the ground once.

He loves standing while I hold him but has no sense of balance yet. He will not pull up or hold onto anything himself.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    William's not quite there yet, either. He pushes up on his hands and knees, rocks a bit, and throws himself forward. Sometimes he'll get one knee up and push ahead, but he won't do it in succession. He's been doing that since 5.5 months or so, so I'm not sure what's holding him back from full on crawling. He's started trying to pull up too, so maybe he'll just start walking.
  • Options
    @KatyKatMeowz‌ - your LO sounds close !

My ped hypothesized that kids crawl later these days or even skip it due to the Back to Sleep campaign

• Options
    LO was 8 months last week and no crawling. Scoots backward and rolls and looks like he'll crawl but no luck. And our little guy doesn't seem interested in pulling up either. That will be the next milestone I'm sure I'll worry about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No crawling here yet. She goes backwards are rolls but wont go forward. If I put her up on her hands and knees she will rock back and forth and then flop on her belly. She does love to stand so I am hoping she doesnt just take off walking cause I am not ready for that!
  • Options
    Not crawling here either. He will scoot backwards a little bit and roll but he gets mad when he's on his belly too long. He doesn't log roll to get toys but he reaches and then dives. Then gets mad he's on his belly and will roll over. He doesn't pull up yet either. I try and stand him up and have him walk but he's not interested. So he's just lazy I guess. ;)

• Options
    William's not quite there yet, either. He pushes up on his hands and knees, rocks a bit, and throws himself forward. Sometimes he'll get one knee up and push ahead, but he won't do it in succession. He's been doing that since 5.5 months or so, so I'm not sure what's holding him back from full on crawling. He's started trying to pull up too, so maybe he'll just start walking.
    This exactly.

image image
  • Options
    No crawling. She scoots her butt everywhere. She goes from sitting to hands and knees then back to sitting a lot.
  • Options
    No crawling here, either. He gets on all fours and rocks.. But then flops down and rolls.
  • Options
    No crawling and LO turned 9 months yesterday. She has never got on all 4's. She would much rather pull to standing and try climbing up using my boobs as her ledge. Ped said as long as she's trying to move. My co worker said that skipping crawling and going to walking is a sign of a learning disability. I'm like great thanks.

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• Options

No crawling and LO turned 9 months yesterday. She has never got on all 4's. She would much rather pull to standing and try climbing up using my boobs as her ledge. Ped said as long as she's trying to move. My co worker said that skipping crawling and going to walking is a sign of a learning disability. I'm like great thanks.

Tell your co-worker to STFU! People are so dumb and she (assuming a woman) has no idea what she's talking about.
    ^^ what she said.

I think nice said this before, but it's worth repeating to prove a point....
    I never crawled & I'm a fucking genius.
  • Options
    LokiLahve said:

Tell your co-worker to STFU! People are so dumb and she (assuming a woman) has no idea what she's talking about.
    ^^ what she said.

I think nice said this before, but it's worth repeating to prove a point....
    I never crawled & I'm a fucking genius.
    Oooo good to know. I'm definitely trying to create a genius. We even watched jeopardy tonight. She needs to absorb all the trivia she can lol

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• Options
    We call alex "rooty tooty scooty booty" he scoots and farts all over Nanas house. :) no crawling yet.
  • Options
    No crawling here either. DS will inchworm anywhere. He'll also push-up on his arms, just not at the same time as pushing off with his legs. He can roll, but doesn't do it often. He sits very well and loves to stand (with support, not pulling up).

Eta: DS was 8 months yesterday.
  • Options
    No crawling here. DD is 8months actual 6 months adjusted.
  • Options
    I usually post on S13 but DS has an August birthday. 
    He was 8 months last week and no crawling yet. He just started rolling from back to tummy on Saturday. He sits well but cannot get in a sitting position by himself. He likes to stand with support. He doesnt like tummy time but its getting better. I'm not worried about crawling yet.
  • Options
    DD2 does this butt scoot thing, just like her sister did. It's starting to look highly likely that I'm going to have two non crawlers. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @belhurstbride I hear that is pretty common among kids who butt scoot. I've never met a kid who does it in real life, though. The way I picture it, it must he adorable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"