October 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else wondering if Subscribe & Save is worth it anymore?

At first I thought the 20% discount was great, but now the yearly subscription is $100 and I don't know how many times I've gotten a notice saying that X has been discontinued and I had to find a crappy substitute to keep my 5 items for the discount. Anyone else wondering if it's worth it anymore? I still like Prime, although my Samsung tablet supposedly isn't supported and I can't stream videos. I'm sure the free two day shipping alone is a big money saver, but I'm not too thrilled about Subscribe & Save right now!

Re: Anyone else wondering if Subscribe & Save is worth it anymore?

• Options
    I've never gotten that before! 
    I totally love it!

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    I still love it. Its WAY cheaper, even without tue full 20% discount, to get my favorite noodles on S&S, and I get A's wipes and night diapers too.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Batteries and toothpaste! Now why didn't I think of that? I'm just irritated because we normally use Huggies snug n dry and I got them for 17 cents per diaper which is good for Huggies. Then I got an email saying it was no longer a subscribe and save item, so I switched to Luvs and kept the same price, but now I have another email saying that our wipes are discontinued. Although I will agree that it's nice to not have to put these bulky items in my cart at the store.

• Options
    Batteries and toothpaste! Now why didn't I think of that? I'm just irritated because we normally use Huggies snug n dry and I got them for 17 cents per diaper which is good for Huggies. Then I got an email saying it was no longer a subscribe and save item, so I switched to Luvs and kept the same price, but now I have another email saying that our wipes are discontinued. Although I will agree that it's nice to not have to put these bulky items in my cart at the store.
    sometimes you can get the same thing you just need to switch distributors

• Options
    @babycarryingvessel I get snug&dry through subscribe and save as well. I got the notice about them being discontinued and did a search and found a similar package size that was just as cheap as what I had been getting.
  • Options
    I have never seen a 100.00 charge
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @nealbl, the prime membership is now $100 and it used to be $79, I should have clarified that! So actually nothing to do with S&S, other than you need prime to do S&S.

• Options
    @sillygirl85, when you get a chance, would you send me a link to your snug and dry diapers? I found another package for 22 cents per diaper, but I was paying 17 before.

• Options
    @babycarryingvessel

These are the ones I get. There is a coupon that gives you a another dollar off so they are actually less than $.20 a diaper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCXF7MU/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_product_title
  • Options
    I just got billed for another year, and it was still $79. Hopefully I snuck in just before the change. I never use S&S except for infant items, which I am about to need again. For bottle liners, formula, and jarred baby food, it's a super good deal. I have noticed, however, that many other household products are cheaper from our grocery store so long as I buy them on sale and throw in a coupon. I prefer doing that or Costco for those goods. I also sometimes just mix and match random shit on my S&S to keep the 20% discount, even though it's not bulk stuff -- like deodorant, vitamins, or dog treats.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I live in a very small town too, so shipping and handling would rack up to $100 pretty quick for me without my Prime membership. The free two-day is so great....still a bummer the rate went up, though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"